“Good for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Arlington, Virginia
“Good for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sleep Inn last week-end. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Very convenient to the interstate and very easy to find. The free breakfast was fresh and good and available even before 7am.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ArlingtonMom_10
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We're happy you liked our hotel's location,comfortable beds and the Morning Medley Breakfast. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked it true hotwire and it wasnt that cheap to book true them either, but when clicking the button for Lancaster and get this remote hotel my husbond got a bit upset since we wanted to stay nearer the outlet place and nearer the Amish county, but that is the chance You can end up with booking with hotwire , oh well , I thought it looked nice on outside and it said suites so we sort of thought it was something like comfort suites no way think we got the smallest room possible , but the bedding s looked nice , the hallways smelled of smoke even if I saw al the rooms had sign on the outside were it said no smoking room which was a bit odd.
After we checked in I went downstair to talk with the reception people about the room asking if all rooms was that small , she then was rather rude I think telling me that is what You are getting using hotwire, I did how ever tell her that when we had stayed on other places we got much nicer room and bigger once , and for us it has been a blessing with hotwire then we just told what we wanted and got it instead of having to look out for every singel hotel in the area, well upon arraviel i showed her my firstchoicehotel card , but they were not interested in looking at that just said You are not getting any points when booked with hotwire- strange since both at the holiday inn memeber ship You get all the benifits and the same at the Omnis so I am just guessing that i will not stay at any firstchoicehotels again .
Ok standard of room is small -no fridge well that was the first and only one without a fridge in over 21 days stays in the States this year, the breakfast in the morning was ok , it was rather crowded in there , but ok
the swimming pool was empty when we came in a couple of minutes later it was a family meeting in there and think it had more people then allowed in there .
If I passed this hotel alone another time and needed a sleep it could do , but my husbond would never stay here again thats for sure and my sight of the place is coloured a bit about his view of the place .

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room a suite -there wasnt any avaible when we came there
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We're glad you liked our new bedding that's part of the Sleep Inn "Designed to Dream" refresh and the Morning Medley breakfast. I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations in the other aspects you mentioned. For future reference, when you are on Hotwire's site there is a "see on map" area to click on so you can see the hotel's location. Unfortunately, the Hotwire rate is not point eligible for the Choice Privileges Program. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel and take day trips around the county. This worked out well for us. it is convenient to Amish Country, the city of Lancaster, and to Hershey. The property was clean except for the top of the dresser mirror. I left a note for the housekeeper and it was cleaned when I returned to the room. Bed was comfortable and there were 4 very nice pillows on each bed. Free Wi-Fi which I always appreciate. Nice flat screen TV as well. Breakfast was standard Choice Hotels fare, but was kept restocked. There were bananas every morning. Most hotels seem to run out those very quickly. One breakfast attendant (I think her name was Brenna?) was especially efficient and helpful, making sure no one needed anything. Front desk staff friendly and helpful also. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Valley, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have stayed here the past 2 years while attending the Train Collectors' Assn semi-ann'l train expos at the York County Fairgrounds in York, PA. Since it's located just off Rte. 30 and about halfway between Strasburg and York it's VERY convenient to the steam ride and model train attractions in Strasburg (about 20 min) and the York train show (about 25 min). Place is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in, with some of the most competent and caring front desk staff I've encountered. AM breakfast is varied and well-stocked, and attendants are always stocking the trays with hot sausages, and plenty of pastries, bagels, etc. Waffle iron is well-used as are the two 4-slice toasters. I've never had a room complaint, and I've stayed there at least four times in the past three years. Recommend you get there before dark as the signage is not very visible after you leave Route 30. This place is very deserving of the five star rating!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed recently due to a visit to Field of Screams--can't get much closer. As others have said, room was clean, bed comfortable. We didn't eat anything so can't speak to that but what I can speak to is that we left our Kindle in the room. When I called after getting home & realized it wasn't in the suitcase, I called & they had it locked in the safe. This was a very pleasant surprise & am grateful. That in & of itself rates an excellent rating--at least in my book.

The property is a bit out of the way for the other attractions in Lancaster but if you're in that part of the area, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The friendly staff actually started before we got in to the lobby. A very nice staff member was reentering the building and struck up a friendly conversation. Check- in was flawless with great front desk staff giving me all the info about the property. They offered any area information we may need. It is a Inn and Suites property which is duly noted. (A previous reviewer was disappointed when a discount site led them otherwise)
The pool was great since we were traveling with kids. Free Wi-Fi is throughout the hotel. The room as well as the rest of the property was absolutely immaculate! Kudos to their attention to detail!
Continental breakfast at this Choice property is the same standard offering as all others. It was fine.
This property is smack dab off of the interstate and can be plainly seen from it. Turn right , turn left, no easier than that!
I was so pleased with this property that we WILL stay here again. My husband and I are very familiar with visiting the Lancaster area so we are familiar with most everything to do nearby.
Love this place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My family and I stayed for three days recently. While we found their location to be fairly close to the area attractions, the clientele in the off season was mostly traveling workmen. The pool and hot tub were very accessible and not crowded. The breakfast was sufficient, not extensive. The adjacent restaurant, Scoops, is on facebook and if you message them they will tell you the specials. We would stay there again, maybe. A hotel closer to the center of town and activities would be preferable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountville
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
#4 of 7 in Manheim
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#20 of 38 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County? Share your experiences!