“Close to F&M, great place, excellent breakfast , wonderful room”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were in town visiting F&M College, a short 10 minute drive away. The room was gorgeous, 2 doubles, great linens, ironing board/iron, roomy spa shower ( no tub) . The breakfast was outstanding & plentiful - make your own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit & cut-up fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, cereal, juices, all very tasty. The room was very warm even w/o the heat on, we actually out the air on! Beds very comfy, free USA Today & WiFi. Will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shuwei1

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fairly small room with double beds, shower only, no fridge or microwave, small pool, small breakfast area with the usual choices (instant oatmeal, cereal, donuts, fruit, etc.). Not exactly located in Lancaster.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at this chain before, and this has never happened. I put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign up until about 11am. I went to the lobby, and the very courteous staff asked me for my room number, as I had to get another key. A member of the cleaning staff, again, very courteous, was right behind the clerk and acknowledged us. I assumed that she wanted to clean our room (there were few rooms rented that night). In any event, we returned by 3pm, and the room had not been cleaned. When we enquired, the clerk said the cleaning staff had left at about 12:30pm. That was it. So we were left to tidy up.

In another instance, we were by the pool/Jacuzzi, and two young people were sat in the Jacuzzi drinking beer. This was in the presence of children. I thought it to be at the very least, unsanitary. Someone should check on the pool periodically -- which they NEVER do -- and I've stayed at this property and always use the amenities for 3-4 hours.

I am rethinking out next stay in Lancaster -- this June -- for several days, and am almost decided to stay at Eden Resort. It just seems that things are not as they ought to be here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Finding a decent hotel for a decent price in Lancaster county, PA has been a challenge for us in the past and continued on this trip. We finally decided to try outside of Lancaster and stopped at the Sleep Inn in Mountville. Although everything about the place was satisfactory (not elegant, but above average), the pricing was 30% higher than any other we experienced on our trip. The room was nice, the facilities quite sufficient, the free breakfast quite standard, and the staff efficient if not entirely friendly. At our slightly late breakfast there were staff visiting or taking a break in the breakfast room--not unreasonable, but slightly unexpected.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JT C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had no trouble finding this Sleep Inn and I really liked the quiet location. No highway noise during the time I was there. The room was odor-free and clean. The water pressure in the shower was very good. This was a comfortable place to spend a night. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had no highway noise on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wrktravelr
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is out of the way and too far away for me to want to stay there. It was pretty isolated when I arrived at night- only TWO cars there in parking lot by 7:30 at night. It just looked isolated. I stopped at a nearby gas station and the guy inside was freaking out and there was no one around. I essentially left and got another place in a less isolated area. I stayed closer into the area with more stores and restaurants. I just would not recommend it only because it is so isolated and out of the way. It looks new etc but this part just did it for me.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel more centrally located. People were nice when I called though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here on a free rewards night and the staff here treated me great. The woman who checked me in informed me that there were two rugby teams on the first and second floor. So she was nice enough to move me to the top floor. While I was unpacking my van, she even came outside to show me the location she was putting us in. Very nice.
The room was clean, rather small but met our needs. We arrived and were in bed within an hour. The next morning, we were out early. However, if I had to spend more time in the room, I'm not sure I would stay in that size room. With two double beds, it was packed. The shower was deceiving. It looks so small but once you are in, you see that part of the shower is actually enclosed by the wall, so there's lots of room.Free breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank glen65
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments . I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our staff and property. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountville
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#21 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County? Share your experiences!