“Plenty of choices on the menu.”
Review of Mountainhome Diner

Mountainhome Diner
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Plenty of choices on the menu.”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is the second time I have eaten at Mountainhome Diner. I had the turkey dinner; turkey breast with gravy over bread, mashed potatoes, and corn. It was just ok. I did enjoy the onion soup that came with the meal. My nephew had the exact thing and loved it. Another person at the table had a steak sandwich which I tried; very good! . It came with au jus instead of a red sauce. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. I may stop back again if I am in the area. I would probably order a breakfast, which is available all day long.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jules52563

Cresco, Pennsylvania
“Jimmy the newest owner is just as rude as previous owners”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I didn't think anyone could mess up serving breakfast food until I ate in the Mountainhome Diner. The owner of the month "Jimmy" owns the diner no longer than 3 weeks. What a way to start a new business venture. The food was cold, eggs had a strange taste to them, the coffee was like mud and acted like a laxative. Now I know why restaurants have the highest failure rate of any business because of owners like this...Good luck if you dare to eat there !!!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank John D
Cresco, Pennsylvania, United States
“WOW what great homestyle food”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Every item was delicious. Large portions, piping hot and cooked perfectly.

• Visited February 2012
Tafton, PA
“Good food”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place is worth the stop
The best Chicken Pot Pie ....homemade for real

1 Thank KRNPa
Philadelphia
“You Cannot Go Wrong at Mountainhome Diner for Dinner...or breakfast”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We had not been to the Pocono's for far too long. We were pleased the diner was still around. Much changes through the years but we are happy to report you can still get good diner food at the Mountainhome Diner.
It is difficult to get good diner food at a diner anymore.

We ordered hoping we would get some good food but we got better.

Started with some homemade soups....Tripadvisor took some time in giving me the okay to write my review and in the meantime I have lost our receipt. Which means I can only be general in some circumstances. The soups were delicious and you could make a meal of them with a salad and some bread.

Could not resist a typical diner dinner, Open faced roast turkey with gravy, mashed potaoes and a side. But it turned out to be some real rosat turkey and good white gravy, and some real mashed potatoes, which we had more gravy poured on, and sides that were actually stand out dishes. I had a wonderful zucchini and bean and tomato deal with added fresh herbs, I am guessing, fresh oregano and thyme that made it very memorable and special.

And that about says what needs to be said about this diner. It is good fresh honest food that will sometimes surprise you with deliciousness you did not expect.

Our open faced sandwich with gravy, mashed potatoes, side order, and soup cost about $13.
So about $26 for two and believe me these are not small tasting plates. You do not go home hungry.

We made it a point when leaving the pocono's to stop back in for a farewell breakfast.

While away we are happy to find a dependable place to have a satisfying meal at a fair price. It is diner food but it is good diner food. If it was around the corner we would be eating there once a week.

• Visited October 2011