“A nice casual place to relax with good food.”
Review of Hampton Court Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hampton Court Inn
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I dined at the Hampton Court Inn with my wife on New Years Eve. The food was wonderful and the portion were large. We were both very comfortable and pleased with everything.

2  Thank Rcrane74

Reviewed January 2, 2011

we escaped to great wolf lodge for a few days this winter break. not being a fan of buffets or fried food, we decided to spend our new year's eve dinner off the reservation. after consulting tripadvisor, we reserved a spot at the hampton court inn for dinner. my husband initially skipped this little gem thinking that it was a restaurant in a hampton court. we were all very happy that I did a bit more research.

The food was fabulous, the staff amazing, the wine list was great, and the host gracious. My older son ate off the new year's eve menu and thoroughly enjoyed the grilled lobster tail and steak combo that my husband devoured as well. I completely enjoyed the beef wellington. the best part was that they made chicken fingers for my youngest and still gave him all the appy's and the dessert included in the menu. they then only charged us $10 for his meal. that was the ultimate in hospitality in my mind -- to make a little person feel as welcome as those paying full fare.

a bit of advise:
1) don't expect much in decor. they pride themselves on service and food.
2) check a map before heading out from one of the nearby resorts. my husband mistook the work "stables" for "staples" when he called for directions. since it was dark, we kept looking for a Staples store in the nearby shopping centers and spent a hour lost around mount pocono with no cell service and unable to find a local who knew where grange road or the inn was. we were warmly greeted as the "lost party" from great wolf when were arrived 45 minutes late by our hosts but we were starving and cranky. avoid the fuss and get directions!!

5  Thank worstmomintheworld
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We always make it a point to return to the Hampton Court Inn for a great dining experience. Pleasant staff, fine selection on the menu and always delicious food.

3  Thank wildfury6
Reviewed December 28, 2010

always a reliable destination for fine food. sauces to die for. don't let the outside appearance chase you away. the restaurant is in an old old building, the recent paint job has not improved the appearance. inside staff are pleasant, service attentive, the food is excellent. never had a disappointment in this restaurant. go for the food. leave contented.

2  Thank bevdconroylpc
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I FOUND IT....Ever since I first saw the FOOD NETWORK show, "The best thing I ever ate" I have been trying to put my finger on the best thinng I have ever eaten...WELL I FOUND IT. It is called Polynesion Pork Tenderloin and it is served in a quaint little place in the Poconos near the new Casino (Mount airy). The Pork was so tender, juicy and succulent and it was served perched on a sauce (the waiter called it chutney) made from blueberries and green apples. It was encrusted with macadamia nuts. I am telling you it is to die for.

I didn't catch the waiters' names but they were efficient and delightful.

3  Thank jojowasaman60795
Management response:Responded December 9, 2010

Hi,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy that you enjoy your dinner and hopefully we will see you in the future.
Have a Happy Holidays and all the best in Year 2011.

Hana