“Food was ok”

Pioneer Diner
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Pocono
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food was ok, but it definitely needs some remodeling, specially from outside.. the food was not bad , just needs to be updated

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The waitress was super nice and attentive but the food was just so-so. They didn't have what I had ordered, so I ordered a chef salad. It was nothing special, and I wouldn't go back. But the service was good and the prices were reasonable enough.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Huge breakfast selections. Everything was hot, delicious & fresh. Good stopping place for a good priced meal.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stopped for dinner on Tuesday evening.
I ordered lemon chicken ( recommended by our waitress) and my friend , sliced turkey. The turkey was okay, but the chicken ??
It smelled old and looked pale. I stuck my fork into it and took a bite.... It was wretched, and I wanted to spit it out but gathered my courage( or stupidity ) and swallowed. Big mistake, upon closer inspection I saw the uncooked meat beneath the surface. The waitress offered to take it back to the kitchen and finish cooking it !!! Really ?? It was ready for the dumpster.
Fortunately after drinking some apple cider vinegar I felt okay. We dodged a bullet this time, but will not return.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love diner food and this was a real diner with good staff. We stopped in twice for breakfast and a snack.