“Very good steakhouse for a reasonable price”

Bailey's Rib & Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Pocono
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Me and my family ate here tonight. The food was very good. My steak was excellent. The prices are moderate but there is a broad menu with various price points to choose. The service was very good and our waiter Tommy was great. The atmosphere was a little dated and dark but clean. I will definitely return if I am in the area again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have eaten at this restaurant several times, not had a bad meal yet. We have generally eaten at off times so the service was not an issue. The food was well prepared and reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This year we went camping (Tobyhanna State Park) for our anniversary. Since it was our anniversary we figured instead of cooking over the campfire we would go out to eat. Being semi familiar with the area we decided on Bailey's.

We arrived about 5pm on Friday evening. The place was pretty empty so we had no trouble getting seated. I ordered the purple passion martini and my husband had his usual beer. The martini was excellent! For our appetizer my husband wanted the nachos for two and for our entree we both had baby back ribs (me half rake and hubby fully rake). The nachos were huge!!! (we took them back to the campsite). and the entrees were pretty big too as it was ribs plus two sides. Needless to say, we did not have room for dessert. The total bill came to around $54 which, to us, is a reasonable amount for the amount of food you get.

I think we have found our place to eat when we are to lazy to cook over the camp fire :)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

When we first walked in there was no one to greet or seat us for almost 10 minutes. The manager came and said he was working on a sump pump. When we first were seated no one took a drink order for approx 10 minutes and you could see that a waitress was moving as quickly as possible but it seems the restaurant was understaffed. They have a decent salad bar and we ordered steaks medium rare and they came close to raw. We have been there before and have always enjoyed the place so we will give it another shot but if this is a trend then we would no longer visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The best part about this restaurant was the hostess. She was patient, friendly, and attentive to our needs. So much, that she even suggested other options locally for a family out of town to get into without breaking the bank. The waiter was nice but new, which was apparent when he didn't know what ice creams they offered. The wings were good and the BBQ sauce they were served it in was excellent. The shrimp and scallop scampi was decent but didn't set the world on fire. My wife had the pit sampler which was enough food for a small army but it also was just ok. I would come back and try this place again only because the hostess really did go above and beyond; however, the next time Im there I'd at least like the opportunity to sample the deck.