“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had dinner there Saturday evening and the food and service was very good. We have tried to eat there during prior trips to the area and have never been able to get in.

While our server was very busy, she was always attentive, friendly and she kept a nice flow of the meal. I ordered the Prime Rib and it was exactly how I had ordered it. The mashed potatoes were mad with sooooo much butter that other than a little salt and pepper, nothing else was needed to enjoy them. The desserts are OK, mostly store bought and average. Save your money for their entree's, it is well worth the money.

We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

they have a very nice back deck in the summer. it is a little pricey. but it is an ok casual restuarant

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Bailey's was our "go to" steakhouse when we would leave NYC to go to our weekend home in the Pocono Mountains, but not anymore! The last 3 times we visited we were either neglected by the manager (we were asked to sit at the bar while the patrons in a booth prepared to leave - 45 minutes later, and 3 open booths, we were finally seated), given the wrong cut of meat (we both ordered the king-sized Prime Rib - medium rare - and after waiting well over 45 minutes the waitress bought us back some unknown cut that tasted funny), or just disappointed in the entire experience (not served water, bread/butter, salt pepper, no lettuce/no oil and vinegar/no plates at salad bar.

We used to go here 10 years ago, and it was great. Then about 6 years ago it started going downhill and we stopped going. We gave it another shot 2 years ago, and found that they had changed management and had truly improved. I hope they clean up their act, because when they were good they were excellent!

1  Thank Babsy0102
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had very small salad bar selection. Food was good but over priced. 6oz mixed drink was $5.00.. really. I am at the Poconos not Vail.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been to Bailey's about 6 times. Every one of those times was at the request of my in-laws. The servers are usually great, the drinks are made properly but the food is average at best. They have different styles (sauces) of preparing each steak and all are tasty. But between the decor (dark) and the lack of anything really exciting this place isn't much to talk about. If your passing by and really want a steak, then it's fine. I stay 8 miles away and if I make the drive over there I usually end up at Pizza Hut.