“Nice small casino”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Northeast Pennsylvania
“Nice small casino”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This review is mainly for the CASINO for those interested. We play poker and the room is VERY small. You are crammed with chairs touching the person behind you. Most of the dealers (there are a few exceptions) are not very friendly. On the plus side, I do like that they give you a "buzzer" so you can go elsewhere in the casino while you wait! I agree with all the SMOKY comments. No smoking in the poker room but they allow people to smoke RIGHT OUTSIDE of it and the smoke wafts in. Other good points...they have a BAD BEAT and FREE DRINKS...neither of which you will find at MOHEGAN SUN in Wilkes Barre...But, sorry, MOHEGAN has better service and much friendlier staff. At Mount Airy we sometimes hang at the circle bar and there are always plenty of bartenders and I have never waited for a drink. Nice place to chill. I've only eaten at Betty's and the food is ok. In the summer they cook food outside on grills and it is nice! I think you can get a burger or a hot dog for $1. The casino is clean. The bathrooms are clean. All in all it is nice for being in the Poconos. (This ain't Vegas, people)

1 Thank LilMamaP
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with the poker room and dealer staff. Please know your comments have been forwarded to our tables department. While we cannot advise of a particular change in our poker room layout at this time, we will certainly take your feedback into consideration when deciding on future additions. We are pleased to hear your positive feedback about our beverage, food venues and the Bad Beat Jackpot. Additionally, we have made improvements in our air systems on the casino floor in effort to reduce the smell of smoke.

We would love to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
delaware
Reviewed March 7, 2011

1.) Hotel is really new and rooms are very impressive with up to date furnishings
2.) Hotel is smoky, it does carry, was everywhere except in our room, 3.) Hotel is for ADULTS, they tell you that when reserving. We had 18 yr. olds, and they
had to be escorted everywhere!
4,) The beds are DREAMY, soooo comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud
5.) Spa is Wonderful!! . Very relaxing and many amenities
6.) keep in mind this place is for adults, but, wow it is really a nice place!! Would go again in a minute!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DelawareSparky
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2011

My wife and I went to visit for a long weekend.
POSITIVE: We had a kind suite on the 3rd floor. The suite was excellent. A lot of space, nice bathroom, bed room and living area and kitchen.
Room service was great, it only took them a half hour to bring breakfast.
The Spa was nice. We had a couples "Escape". The massage was excellent, the facial also, the pedicure was okay.
The Casino: We were first time visitors and did not know what to do and where to go. So many opportunities, but no explanations. After losing money, we finally "got it" and had fun playing and losing. hahaha. We had dinner reservation at "La Sorelle Cucina". The service was great, the food excellent. The wine not so good and expensive. The staff let us enjoy ourselves and did not hurry us. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We will come back, even that our bill came to almost $300. It was worth it.
I highly recommend La Sorelle Cucina.

We also had dinner at "Red Steackhouse". We had 4 people serving our table. FOUR!! and none of them knew what the other was doing. The appetizer was excellent, my entree was rare and I asked for medium. No problem it was returned to the kitchen and cooked a little longer. The manager came over and apologies for the "mistake". After dinner we told one of the waiters that I would go into the casino for a cigareet and thereafter we would order our desert. While I was gone, 4 different waiters came to my wife asking if she was ready to order desert. Four and none knows what's going on at any table. When I came back to the table we ordered desert. The desert arrived together with the check. WHAT?? Did I ask for the check? No, I did not. I advised the waiter that I did not feel welcome, since they already gave me the check and I was still enjoying my desert, Irish coffee and still had wine in the bottle. His response: You can bring the wine to the casino floor. Handing you the check together with desert is our policy. He took the check and suddenly again the manager came to our table apologizing and explaning it was their policy. We accepted her apologies. After an other irish coffee, we asked for the check. We left a very nice tip, but never a "thank you" from any person. Also no offer for a free drink, which they should have done just as a service to clients. I don't recommend this place. The food at La Sorelle is much and much better. The service at la Sorelle is much and much better.

A Negative is that they did not clean up the room service cards, which remained on the floor in the hallway even after midnight, although the breakfast was serviced in the morning. That means these cards were there for at least 24 hours. Luckily this was winter, what about if it would have been summer?
Reggie's Express is simply expensive.

The lines for the buffet are long, very long. Betty's diner has good food.
Since there is not much to do at Mount Erie Lodge, only gambling which gets a little boring after a while, I recommend a stay of 1 night. It is long enough to enjoy a good dinner, Spa and some gambling.

At the end we won a few hundred bucks, which brought our gambling loss to approx. $1,000.

We did not join the Players Club. No reason for it, since it will take a long time for us to come back.

3 Thank gompy_usa
Thank you for taking the time bring to our attention the property issues during your recent visit with us. We have made great efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience, so we are seriously concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We appreciate the oppertunity to improve our service and prevent these problems from occuring in the future.
Again please let me apologize on behalf of the Property Management and Staff. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your patronage.

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My 3 girlfriends and I visited the Spa at the resort. We all loved our treatments and enjoyed the ambiance of the spa. Our issue is the smell. The relaxing room smelled of smoke. We are all non smokers and this really ruined our experience. All 4 of us smelled it. Then at check out it really reeked. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she curtly told us it was due to poor ventilation. She did not seemed happy with my comment even though I was polite and went out of my way to speak in a low voice so the other customers wouldn't hear me. We were all so disappointed that our nice experience was ruined by our smelly hair at the end. We all had to shampoo when we got home to get the smoke smell out. We will not be back until the ventilation is fixed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank havesuitcase153
Bahamas
Reviewed February 22, 2011

As a valentine weekend my partner and I spent 3 nights at Mt. airy....the rooms are very beautiful, clean and spacious. The casino was very nice, even tho we are not persons who gamble....but walking through it and looking was nice. I would certaintly recommend the Mount Airy Resort.

1 Thank BahamasJayjay
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I live in ramsey, NJ and had the urge to play some blackjack. I it only took me a hour and fifteen minutes door to door. The parking lot was packed but after five minutes i did find a spot. I didn't stay over, there were no rooms availible. I took me one 1/2 lap around the casino floor to find a fifteen dollar table. The staff seemed friendly and the drink girls were at my table every ten minutes. If you wanted to get a drink at the large oval bar in the middle of the casino floor (pretty cool) a beer was only $3.75, not bad. My deeler at the table told me that there were plenty of hotels within 5 minutes of the casino if i couln't get a room at the casino. I am an ex-smoker so I didn't mind the second hand smoke but there was a lot of it. Would I go back? YES. By the way, There are a bunch of fireworks warehouses on the way out of PA, just don't get caught.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My boyfriend had planned a 3 day, 2 night Valentine's Day getaway for the both of us. We live in NJ and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the hotel. We were able to check in around 11:30am which made us happy because we could get to the ski slopes faster. We skied at Jack Frost and Big Boulder since we had free tickets. Both ski resorts were about 1/2 an hour away from the hotel. The room was great....spacious and clean. We had dinner Valentine's night at the Italian restaurant and were pleased with the food and service. We had dinner the next night at the Buffet which was not so good. I think they just need a better variety of foods. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that security was checking ID's ALL the time. We couldn't even walk from the elevators to the doors without getting stopped. I'm 26 and look very young and I understand the need to make sure everyone is of age, but this got on my nerves. I had to make sure I always had my ID with me even though my hand was stamped and I wasn't gambling or drinking during the day. I go to AC all the time since I live close by and have never been asked for ID so many times in any casino or hotel I have stayed at. Everything else was a great experience and will probably return for another ski trip before the end of the season.

1 Thank JerseyShore14
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!