Mount Airy Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Paradise Stream Resort(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Hotel M, Mount Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mount Pocono)
  • Pool
1,386 results
All reviewsgolf coursebetty's dineritalian restaurantvalet parkingtable gamesmini baratlantic cityslot machinesbisteccapoker roomnon smokingnoodle barglass barstay overnightguy fierimy husband and iairy casino resort
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The Hotel was just OK. We stayed here for 2 nights after leaving another resort in the area and were very disappointed. I really wanted to stay here because of the casino. I was really disappointed to see that they had no gaming tables. The rooms are very small with about 8 channels. I know we didn't go to stay in the room but REALLY!!! The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, the view is excellent but thats about it. It was nice but I will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

In this review I will only focus on the casino side of the resort because we didnt stay overnight plus I guess many readers will be interested in the gaming facilities available and gaming room before making the trip up the mountain.

I will start off with a summary of the overall positives and negatives that we found about the property..

+ Free ample parking close to the casino
+ Nice decor around the casino itself
+ Freindly staff at the players club sign up desk
+ Looked to be a good selection of dining and entertainment options
- Too much smoke / ventilation cant keep up
- Very crowded at the time we were there (Saturday daytime)
- Good selection of machines but difficult to find machine to play at
- Lots of hawkers watching you play

We normally play slots and a few hands of blackjack in Atlantic City but thought we would try Mount Airy for a change as the setting on Mount Airy sounded great and now the resort now features table games even better.

We were very impressed with the scenery on the way to the casino, parking was easy to find a spot and free (unlike most casinos in AC unless you have a players card). The problems for us started going up the escalator - a funny perfumed scent in the air mixed with cigarette smoke didnt smell too great. Signing up for the players card was a fairly long line but quickly moved along. No problems there. Now to get on and have a play - hang on - hardly any free machines to play? The actual casino floor is a giant oval shape which we circled around to find some machines we wanted to play. We saw a good few machines we like playing but.. there were hardly any open machines aside from the 1 and 5 buck ones (oh and a few 25c ones tht didnt look too great). We are used to busy casinos on a Saturday in AC (especially the nightime) but this was insanely busy, there were so many people there - I think there must have been maybe 20 bus loads of people at the resort in from NY and Philly in addition to the car driven people. This meant that most machines on the periphery had crows of onlookers either watching or waiting to play. This meant a lot of people bumping into eachother which didnt create a good vibe. What we also saw was probably 3 out of 4 people were smoking (and all sorts of things - cigars, clove cigarettes etc) - this gave us both headaches (as you can tell we are non smokers). Don't get me wrong I dont expectthe air to be smoke free in a casino, but I would expect the air conditioning to cope if there is a lot of smoke in the air - I felt bad for the dealers and floor staff have to breathe that amount of smoke in while working. Eventually we opted to play the 1 buck machines, not too bad and gave reasonable paybacks, then we tried to take another circle around - again no luck getting on any video slots - quite frustrating.. So we decided to give the cards a go.. again super packed.

After 2 hours of mainly walking around with our headaches we deicded to call it a day and head back home.. not so soon though... we tried to convert our payout voucher but this meant we had to try 3 redemption machines (all out of cash) we found one that was working by the entrance which had about 4 people in front of us.

In hindsight we should have visited the casino on a different day or time and if we come back we would do. If you do come on a Saturday you are more likely to find an open lottery ticket vending mahine than a video slot machine. And since this is the only thing for a few miles there isnt an option (unlike Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun that you can drive between). We may come back someday but we will be sticking to AC for now as we believe it can handle the volumes of people.

Hope this helps you plan your trip if you visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pcm45
Reviewed February 12, 2011

i always remembered this hotel from commercials as a child...this place was actually very pretty and super clean, the bathroom was really nice and looked new...free valet, casino was okay i wish they had more roulette tables open but thats okay i still won =)...Italian restaurant and Dinner were really good...about 10 mins from CamelBack Ski Resort...we had a good time, i wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I am a local doctor that has been getting massages at mount airy since they opened. I was surprised to get a call from Jen, the receptionist, on Saturday to be vaguely accused of destroying their sound system( I take my own iPod and don't use their system.) I contacted the management of the casino who never called me back. In retaliation, Jen called to tell me Donna, the manager of the spa has banned me from the spa. I have been spending $400 at each massage and tipped the therapists $80. Lower than unprofessional. This circus of a management also runs sky top, pocono manor, and laurel springs. Find any other spa.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
23  Thank Poconotom
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Our 3 day getaway was terrible from day one.... The security guards were so annoying with checking ID every 10 minutes even when they stamped my hand.... We gambled over $2000 and received $5 in comps...Not to mention they are in the middle of training new dealers who were screwing up all the payouts.... When we checked out we tried to provide the host with our AAA card and they told us we had to present the card when we checked in not when we paid and they couldnt do anything about it .....it was a disaster and we def will not go back..............................

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jenl132404
MountAiryCasino, Social Media at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Mount Airy Casino Resort strives to create the entertainment experience that we hope sets our guests expectations. While we are passionate about creating an entertainment experience we are also passionate about our patrons safety. We are very sorry for any difficulties you may have experienced with our security and/or or dealers in training; resulting in anything less than an unsurpassed visit. Mount Airy Casino Resort does offer a Player’s Club program to extend great benefits such as 5x cash back, exclusive programs, and discounts.