“Casino/Resort Wonderful, Can't Say Same About Some of Their Guests!!!”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband, children and I just returned from our two night stay at Mount Airy. Here's our honest experiences there:

Valet/Check In/Bellhop - Friendly personalities, eager to be of help, we are fairly generous tippers, the looks of shock on their faces told us they get lots of cheapskates.

Suite - We reserved a two room suite, smoking and with a lake view, which we got, and we felt safer because of the need to be a guest with a room card for the elevator to take you to the floors where guests are staying - better than a security guard! The suite was absolutely lovely and very clean, large soaking tub and a swedish-style separate shower, king bed was so comfortable and we rested well, living room sofa was also queen pull out bed which was great for the kids. Tastefully decorated, loved the decor accents wherever we looked, refrigerator and wet bar was handy, two huge closets, bathroom was big too, two a/c controls for separate rooms kept us all cool. Value for the money is right on the line, since we gamble as well there, we'd like to get better room rates, but this was our first visit, so maybe we'll be sent some deals later on.

Maintenance and Housekeeping - Pleasant, we had a sink overflow, they took care of it quickly and brought us all we requested (extra linens, towels, mineral bath, pillows) and we tipped - again, looks of shock on their faces.

Gaming - I have to say this here and now, if you don't have money to lose and are going to get nasty and upset over it, then don't 'play'! It is 'play', you know?! If you're that emotionally attached to your money, stay away from gambling or any other kind of speculative ventures, don't take your frustration out on staff and other guests! My husband and I did well at craps and 3 card poker, and would have had a better time if it weren't for some of the other visitors and the attitudes they brought with them.

Dining - My husband and I had dinner at Red's Steakhouse, the service and food were phenomenal! Again, the GUESTS near us were a pain in the you know what. Two couples (4 people) nearly shouting at one another through the whole dinner when there was absolutely no reason to be that loud! We don't want to hear about your shoulder and your golf game and your nursing school dissections, I mean COME ON! Absolutely rude, I hope you are reading this and take my suggestion to dine at a roadside fast food joint next time you want to behave that way. My young children have better manners.

Room Service - We ordered several meals from room service, everything was hot and delicious, within half an hour of our order, very pleasant people taking orders and delivering to our suite, and we were happy to see some decent prices on the menu as well, worth the $ if you feel like staying in and relaxing.

Activities - There are many family-oriented activities in the Mt. Pocono area, the water park, petting zoo, shops, etc., so there are things to take the kids to do during our stay.

Check out - A breeze, we did it via tv in the room, left the cards and tip for housekeeping on the desk, bellhop showed up within 10 minutes of our call, valet was about 10 minutes for our car, not bad at all.

This was a relaxing vacation, the only sour notes were some of the other guests, as I mentioned. I think some people out there believe they are entitled to do and say whatever they want, even at the expense of other paying customers enjoyment. All I have to say to you is STAY AT HOME, because the majority of us don't like paying to witness your selfish, nasty behavior.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank charmednyc

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I used to go there often and it was nice but I went there today august 8 2010 after they got the tables and I was really dissapointed.The buffet is not as good as it was before, they cut on food, there is no more sushi and they really locked down the slots, you don't hear people screaming with excitement because they win.noone wins anymore. I think I'm done with them for a year or longer.I have no desire to go back.and the rooms are overpriced as there is nothing else to do but gamble.and it stinks with cigarettes.

4  Thank anooolka
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This was my first adventure into PA casinos and it left a very sour taste in my mouth. The weekend desk personnel are rude and apathetic at best. They really could care less. It is like you interupted their card game in the back to ask how to get room service. The room service was THE ONLY GOOD part of this visit. You must use your room key to access the elevator and it never worked. I spent many minutes screaming for help and no one came. When I asked where the emergency exits/stairs were she said they didn't have any and then she admitted she hadnt a clue..as if it hurt her brain to even think!!"management" is never available. The shower was disgustingly dirty with a ring around it. The floor still had tissue from the last patron. There was dust on every table and desk. The shower was dysfunctional. Really disgusting experience and no one cared but me who had to pay for 18 hours of dirt and filth and rude employees. Never again NEVER!! The view was very nice from the window and that's about it really.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank essieford
Management response:Responded December 3, 2010

As a certified 4 Diamond Hotel and Resort, we pride ourselves on providing an excellent experience to all of our guests. We expect to provide above and beyond service and experience that we provide and assure you that we will take every possible action to ensure that this never happens again.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Having inflicted one night at the Resorts Casino on my wife several years ago, I had a hard time convincing her to stay at another casino. After having stayed here for one night it may not be several years until I can stay at another casino.

The hotel was clean, the checkin was easy and the room was great. I loved the staff. they went out of their way to help us. I was very impressed with it. I would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank bwco
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights, July 19,20&21. We loved it. The rooms were beautiful. We loved the Casino, just wish they had a pool. The staff were great. We have gone to a few casino's this past month, Mt. Airy was the best one by far. We will go again.

2  Thank stomper_10
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I have been there at least 4 times and have stayed from 1 to 3 days.

Every time has been pleasant. We did have a problem with a shop there but I was contacted by a Mt. Airy rep. when I arrived home and he went out of his way to apoligise and make up for it. Nice to see a large place still care about their customers.
Just wish they had a pool. Other than that food great, machines fun, and I reccomend.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank curmudge
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Just got back from an overnight at mt Airy. Staff was friendly and helpful. They even let us check in at 12:00 pm. Room was comfortable, bedding and mattress were amazing. Great selection of slots, table gaming now available. Highly recommend the Sunday brunch - worth the $25.00. Overall a great time. I love the crossings outlets which are a 5 minute ride away. Won $600 on the 2 cent slots, so I was real happy. Would definintely return.

2  Thank fshayow
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!