“Beautiful room”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed overnight at Mount Airy casino resort. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable. I would have given it an excellent rating except for two things. The air conditioning on the whole property was terrible. My husband and I woke up sweating in the middle of the night, and the casino had to be at least 85 degrees. I don't know if they are having problems and we had the bad luck to be there at that time, or if the air is just not good enough. It wasn't even a hot day. The other thing was there was not a parking lot for hotel guests, you had to valet park. We were in and out a few times, so we parked in the casino lot. Overall it was a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Liz B
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Liz B,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We apologize for the air conditioning issue. Please be sure to contact us with any concerns at the time of occurrence so that we might resolve them immediately. We would like to ensure that our guests are comfortable during their stay. Mount Airy does offer self parking or valet lots. An employee would be happy to assist with the lot locations upon your return.

Allison
Guest Services Manager

There are newer reviews for Mount Airy Casino Resort

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a wonderful couple of days at the Mount Airy Casino Resort, their new pool is a wonderful addition to the resort. They added Guy Fieri's Pocono Kitchen to the list of restaurants and the food was very good.

Room Tip: Lake view is always nice, the lake has swans and ducks
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marge P
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my first trip to Mt. Airy and I cannot wait to go again. My husband and I were travelling to Pennsylvania for a family wedding at the Skytop and decided to go a day earlier to experience Mr. Airy. I found the staff to be helpful, professional and courteous in all areas of the Hotel and Casino. The Skytop was no where near as clean as Mt. Airy and the room accommodations at Mt. Airy were comfortable and meticulous. The pool was terrific as well as the pool snack bar. If not for the three hour drive, we would visit more often but do plan on staying for several days next year. Maybe I will win my money back!! The casino is also very clean and there was constant service for complimentary drinks. Hope the slots will be kinder next time! Mt. Airy is worth the trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jo Ann F
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I enjoy ladies getaways here. Rooms are beautiful and spotless. Casino is small but has all the games you need plus free drinks. Tiny bit of Vegas in the Poconos. Free room offers make it worth while.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cgerm40
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We live in the area and used to go about twice a month. Used to stay quite often and recommended it to many people. I NO longer do this. In the last few years the prices have skyrocketed, and now charge a resort fee. Other then the front desk the staff is rude. Betty's was a great diner until they changed the menu and more then doubled the prices. It was closed and a new restaurant came in that is expensive and seems to be empty the last few times we were there. You used to win enough to keep you busy for a few hours,now you barely win anything. A lot of the machines speakers are broken.( I like to hear if I win).My husband and I both have comp. cards ,but, even though we both spend the same amount of money only he was receiving comps. I stopped using my card .When we left tonight,we agreed that we will be going to Mohegan Sun from now on.I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank EMN966
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I thought we would spend a few days in the Pocono Mountains. We took our 14yr old son and his friend. We wanted a place the had nice things for the adults and the kids but wanted some luxury. We thought this had both. We were wrong!! The kids couldn't do anything without and adult present. They could not go get ice cream or swim in a pool. We stayed in a suite which was beautiful but that was it. The shower was so complicated I couldn't get hot water. When I called the front desk they were not even sure how to operate it. Customer service was non-existent. The controllers didn't work in the room for the tv"s . There were no sheets for the pull out bed or even a pillow. They don't tell you that not all of the restaurants are open every night. The one casual place beside the buffet didn't even have a liquor license but they had the bottles on display. When we asked where else on property we could eat the suggested the steak house. $ 45 avg meal price. That was fun. I will never go back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Terri H
Reviewed July 27, 2014

if you want a chaise lounge be prepared to lay out 75 bucks, even if you are a guest. was there at 10 am and was only guest at the pool. every seat had a reserved sign on it. i felt unwelcomed and left. played slots for 8 hours and only rec!d only 3 dollars in earned rewards. folks this is one greedy place or one that is in trouble. finally if i don!t use that 3 dollarss\ within a year they take it back.at the rate they pay out earned rewards it would take over a year to earn the price of a nice meal. try the sands

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Gerard T
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Gerald T,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We apologize for any confusion. The pool offers daybeds, cabanas and fire tables for rental. The pool does, however, offer free lounge chairs and lounge areas through the inside and out door sections. Comp offers are mailed out to our Players Club members, however a host or Table Games Manager can assist with more immediate requests.

Again we do apologize and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mount Airy in the future.

Allison

#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!