“Great weekend getaway”

Morris County, NJ
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,329 helpful votes
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night in the middle of January. This was a great weekend getaway. The first thing that you notice is how clean the resort is. Another thing that I noticed was how friendly the employees were. Its a nice change.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The casino was okay. Maybe it would have been better if I had won some money, haha.

This is a great place that I heavily recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bwco
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for spending your weekend with us here at Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our décor and our staff was welcoming. As a AAA Four Diamond rated Resort we strive to give every guest a satisfying experience. We hope to welcome you soon for your next weekend getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My son turned 21 on March 10th. After dinner at Red Lobster, we stopped by Mount Airy so he can gamble a quck $20. I can understand the strictness of not having kids gamble, but the way we were treated was demeaning, and VERY uncourteous. I had my 16 year old daughter with me. I asked the guard if there was anywhere she can sit to have a coke for a few minutes. My daughter and I had to be escorted to the buffet. After we got to the buffet, they told me I had to stay with her. What's worse is that they made us go thru separate lines to enter the buffet. When my daughter got in, the escort pointed at a chair like she was a dog. She didn't know what he meant and he pointed again. My daughter has a friend that works there so when another woman was starring at me, I thought she knew my daughter also. She glarred at me like I was a criminal and would not take her eyes off me. Turned out she couldn't order a soda for a few minutes and we had to be escorted to a lounge area where we were starred down like criminals. I called my son to come meet me so I could spend 5 minutes with him and he was stopped "again." The security just saw him walk toward me with tickets in his hand but stopped him again and insisted on him showing a stamp on his hand which was not given to him when he entered. This was only the second time I've been there but it will most definitely be the last. I won't recommend this place to anyone. Even with the strictness of the casino, you should teach your escorts to open their mouth and SPEAK, not point and stare. Horrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't bring anyone who even looks under 21.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank ramonamwarner
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience from your recent trip. Your comments will allow us to improve our services in the specific areas mentioned. We apologize for any difficulties you experienced with our staff. We will share your comments with the appropriate departments for review and future improvements. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve with a return trip. Thank you for posting you review.
Hardyston Township, New Jersey
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I only live 75 mins from the casino, so staying over never really crossed my mind. However, i got a comp in the mail, so I decided to use it. I spent the night, and was highly impressed. From the decor, to the quality of the furniture, to the level of cleanliness, Mount Airy really is one of the nicest properties I have ever stayed in. AAA gave them four diamonds, and they deserve every one of them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bobcat5027
Violet C, Guest Service at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for the gracious compliment regarding our AAA four diamond rating. We work very hard at creating a sophisticated, luxurious environment to provide an unforgettable experience. Our guests deserve the highest level of service and we aim to provide just that. We truly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Please contact us to book your next getaway soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

1. Not for Non Smokers & people traveling with family or children.
I visited this casino hotel with my family for a vacation in the Poconos.The property to begin with is not a vacation place. The bedrooms were OK but the smoke smell is really so bad in the rooms & hallway that it was even difficult to breathe properly for me & my family. My children, my wife & I got suffocated in the room. The smoke smell was covered with some sort of citrus flavoured perfume which made it even worse.
So, I would not recommend this hotel to non smokers & also people travelling with children.I would instead prefer a full non smoking hotel where we feel free.
2.Dining options on the same floor of the Casino ( You have to wait to be escorted)
The second flaw about this place that dining options are on the same floor of the casino.If you are with kids you have to wait to be escorted. Also , I would not prefer to take my kids on the casino floor itself. From the next time we ordered room service which has minimum options.
3. Atmosphere
The overall atmosphere of this place is not suitable for kids . When we take a vacation we like our kids to move freely.But, looking at the overall atmosphere of this place we had to restrict them in so many ways that they could not move freely. The whole vacation turned into a disaster.
I would definatly chose a smoke free branded option like hi-express or hampton rather than this place.
The overall decor & quality of rooms was good but nothing extraodinary like the ones in Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Take some food along with you if you are travelling with your family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Don S
Thank you for providing your valuable feedback from your recent trip to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are sorry to read your experience was unsatisfactory. Our apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused while on your visit. Our hotel has been non-smoking since January 2013, and would advise any guest reading this to make sure ANY concerns are brought the attention of the Front desk manager for prompt attention. As for our policy regarding minors, as a Casino based hotel we do advise we do not cater to those less than 21 year of age. We are regulated by the rules imposed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and must abide by them to remain compliant. We appreciate you taking the time voice your opinions.
levittown, PA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was awesome for a two nite getaway! Food in the restaurants was great! Casino was fun! Three couples for my birthday with lots of laughs and a good time. Hotel was really nice. The bartender at the glass bar, Susan, I think, was awesome! Black jack dealer, carol, was a lot of fun too! We would recommend this to couples, not kids, unless you are skiing. We will be going back again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BobbysgirlinPA
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience of Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. Thank you for the compliments for our dealer and bartender. We will communicate your comments with their departments recognizing a job well done. Our goal is to provide an impressive customer service experience, we are glad to see this was extended to you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 14, 2013

So beautiful! Went for a last minute overnight trip. Got a great rate on their website. On check in, received a $25 food credit, and since it was our first time, received $10 in slot credit. Plus, by downloading the ap, they gave another $15. Room was big and very clean. Large bathroom, great TV and bedding. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cjmjcherbert
Thank you for sharing you experience from your most recent trip to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of one of our amazing packages. We are excited to hear you look forward to a return visit.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to see how clean the rooms were. The marble counter and large glass enclosed shower were fabulous. The separation of the toilet within the bathroom was great. Decor was warm and classy. Security of access to hotel floors was also good.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dizzy973
Violet C, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding the decor of our accommodations. We aim to provide the highest level of customer service and are happy to see that our hard work is recognized. We look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!