“This casino has a heart” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Airy Casino Resort

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Maplewood, New Jersey
“This casino has a heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My history goes way back with Mount Airy (Lodge), which is now Mount Airy Casino Resort. More recently, my husband and I stayed at the resort a couple of years ago. The resort is decorated beautifully from the lobby, to the guest room, and throughout the casino area. Parking is convenient and there's never a lack of space.

My reason for writing this review is the Valentines Day Vow renewal that was held yesterday at the casino. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! The casino held a group ceremony in their Gypsies Night Club. It was absolutely lovely. Upon signing up, I was told that along with the group vow renewal, (by a non-denominational ordained minister), champagne, cake, and a $2.00 off voucher, for the buffet, would be offered. Well, to my surprise, much, much, more was given. First of all the nightclub was decorated beautifully, not excluding the traditional white flowered trellis serving as the focal point in the room. Champagne was provided as we entered the nightclub and tables and additional seating was provided. At the start of the ceremony, the couples were asked to come to the dance floor and face one another. The minister did a great job with the vows, as I'm sure her words and references touched everyone there at some point. After the "kiss" cake was served as we were serenaded by the vocalist. The ceremony, cake, and champagne was more than enough for my husband and I. However, each person was also given a voucher for a FREE buffet, $25.00 bonus money for the casino, as well as a couples' photo. There were over 250 COUPLES!!!!

I say KUDOS to you Mount Airy Casino and Resort. It was a lovely and genourous thing to do. The couples giggled and congratulated one another throughout the night at the casino and buffet. It was really a nice experience and the casino deserves a HUGE "pat on the back"

gsmgrs, Customer Service at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
First we want to say a big "THANK YOU" to you and all of the couples that made the Vow renewal such a great success! We hear so many stories from guests that, like you, have history from years past when this was Mount Airy Lodge. We wanted to give something back to all of the loyal patrons, as a way of saying thank you for the years of continued support. We are genuinely happy that this was as special for all participants as it was for us. We look forward to your return visits and wish you years of continued best wishes. We appreciate the compliment!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Toms River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

After we experienced a great visit our first time travling from New Jersey, we were so impressed we came back again for Super Bowl Sunday with my sister & her husband. They were just as amazed as we were on how beautiful, comfortable & clean the resort was and the reasonable room charge. They also loved the casino and Betty's diner that we boasted so much about. The employees were extremely pleasant and helpful and all had a smile on their face. Mount Airy proved they employ the best. Our evening in Gypsies proved to be a fun night with an excellent buffet to watch the Super Bowl. On our way home, we were all planning our next trip.

Room Tip: We chose a higher room with a view of the lake. Last time in October we saw white swans in the lake...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rusty D
We are truly delighted you enjoyed your visit to our Resort and our Super Bowl Sunday event in our Gypsies lounge. We are excited to hear that you brought your family to enjoy our accommodations and services. We are thrilled to see that the superior level of service you boasted about, were extended again to you and your guest. We aim to provide nothing but the best service all around, and we hope to be able to provide this to you again on your next visit.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife, 16 month old and grandpa stayed here overnight beginning of February 2013. We were coming from a cruise that ported in Manhattan. We booked two king bed rooms.

I have to say their rooms are very impressive. My wife and I are very well travelled, and have seen many many hotel rooms. I have to say this one is up there on our list.

Service was great at reception, but could use some work with the valet and security.

I would not recommend this hotel for families, as their restaurants can only be accessed through the casino. I was rather annoyed as we were stopped by security on the way. Security who looked who didn't look of age themselves (didn't act like it either), explains to me that my baby is not allowed into the casino. I explain to him that we are just trying to get to dinner (baby is in his stroller) grandpa and my wife right behind me, and think it would be ridiculous if he thinks my baby will be gambling. He proceeds to grill me on which restaurant we are going to. I told him I don't know yet, we'd like to look at the menu. He gets on the radio, and I start getting really annoyed (we were hungry for dinner after a long drive). I suggest you are welcome to escort us to restaurant, he ignores me and keeps talking on the radio. Finally, I had to raise my voice on what the problem was.

Another young man came over to escort us while we chose restaurants. Later that night, I overhead these two discuss the "people who matter." It was a laughable analysis that looks were the name of the game, you dress well, your likely a high roller. But if you were dressed casually (like me that night), you are no one.

As nice as the hotel room was for this place, there is no way I or any of my family will be coming back. Its too bad, both my wife and father in law love to gamble.

For such a nice hotel, there is no pool or hot tub?

TIP: Dress your best, you wouldn't want to be thought of as riff raff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank erristattle
Thank you for providing your feedback from your visit to our Resort. First off, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of our restaurants policy regarding minors. As we are a Casino based hotel we must abide by the rules provided by the gaming commission. We will however share your comments with our head of Security for review. In regards to a pool, we are actually in the process of finalizing plans for our grand opening in the Summer of 2013. We do hope you will reconsider and allow us the opportunity to provide the customer service which you deserve with a return visit.
vernon, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and i go to mt.airy casino every couple months we always stay over night because we love the rooms we love the fact that we can just get on the elavator and push a button and be on the gambling floor.The restaurants are good the service is always good.the service when checking in is always very helpful and and friendly.And it always smells so good there.I tell people ab it all the time.as a matter of fact we have been to 2 superbowl partys in the gypsie's lounge and had a great time,the food was great the service was great!!!

Room Tip: any room we had was great!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback for Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are excited to hear that you are a returning guest and truly appreciate your patronage. Thank you for the compliments regarding the accommodations, restaurants and especially the service. We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service and are happy to hear that this was extended to you. We look forward to your return visit.
Phoenixville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We always to forward to staying at Mt Airy. The desk staff is always pleasant and eager to please. We drive a fair distance to Mt. Airy and know that are accomadations are going to be clean and comfortable which makes the drive worthwhile. It is also nice to get a bottle(s) of water in the AM for our trip home. We basically just come to Mt Airy for the gaming, and the stay makes the trip more pleasant, win or lose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing your feedback about Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are thrilled to see you are a returning customer and appreciate you patronage. We are delighed to see that you are always treated with great service from the front desk to the accomodations. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Mount Airy Resort & Casino. We traveled there from Long Island with 3 other couples and we had a wonderful time. The rooms are very clean and the bed was comfortable. Nice bathroom too! We weren't able to get a dinner reservation a Red's Steakhouse so we made a reservation the Italian restaurant, LeSorelle Cucina. While the service was outstanding I wish I could have said the same about the menu and the food. For the price of the food it was disappointing. For breakfast and snacks we would go to Betty's Diner and I only have good things to say about the food & service. We would definitely go back and hopefully get a reservation at, Red's. Saturday stay's are very expensive, go during the week if you could.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan1253
Thank you for reviewing Mt. Airy Casino. We are glad to hear you and your party enjoyed your visit to our Resort. We will share your comments regarding LeSorelle Cucina with our management team for review, nonetheless we are happy you enjoyed Betty’s Diner for breakfast. We look forward to your return visit, hopefully you will be able to take advantage of our Red Steakhouse. Thank you again for providing your feedback.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I took my girlfriend there and we were really impressed with this establishment. The room was beautiful as well as the hotel itself. The staff was great as well as the atmosphere. The location is perfect where it is secluded, but only minutesaway from everything! The only things I really didn't like: Too many 1 cent slots, the drinks that the cocktail waitresses brought around were horrible (I guess since they were free I can't complain), the buffett wasn't the greatest. I would go back to Mount Airy Resort and Casino without any hesitation. In fact I want to go back ASAP!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience from you recent visit to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed our accommodations and services. We aim to provide a memorable experience and pride ourselves on top notch customer service. We are delighted you took advantage of our location and the variety of attractions in our area. We hope to welcome you back to our Resort again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,123 reviews

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!