“Really Bad Comps or Lack Thereof!”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Was at Mt. Airy a few weeks ago. Played Blackjack for 2 hours, lost a couple hundred bucks and asked for a Buffet Comp. Pit boss says "I'll look into it."

30 mins later, he says "You don't have enough Table Play time for a comp, try again in another hour." Are you kidding me? 2 and a half hours of Table play isn't enough for a $19 comp?? As if playing one more hour will make that much difference?

I was already losing over $300 and they wanted to me lose MORE before comping a MEAL? This is beyond absurd and I just walked out and grabbed a pizza at a local place down the road.

The money wasn't the issue, just the fact they act like I'm not important enough to get anything unless I am empty my wallet first! I'd hate to hear how much longer I'd have to play if I was WINNING!!

I will not be returning until they change their comping system, they don't even offer Matchplay or Free Slot play. So what is the point in going to this place?

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DonJuan55
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

We are always looking for additional avenues for progress and appreciate you taking the time to post your ideas and suggestions. We will communicate your comments with the proper departments for future considerations and improvements. We certainly do apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while here on you most recent visit. We hope to welcome you back, should you choose to return.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I just left this resort and it was wonferful. We wanted a weekend away and chose this place. The hotel was extremely clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were so nice. There is a heat lamp, large hair dryer, SOFT towels, and large shower. The casino wasn't too smokey and the food was decent at the diner. The Italian restuarant was very good. The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. This was a great place and well run facility. I will definately be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review of Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. Thank you for sharing your experience from your most recent visit to our Hotel and Casino. We work hard at creating an environment of elegance and opulence for our guest to enjoy, and we are delighted to see our dedication is recognized. We look forward to welcoming your back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a very nice experience, but the rooms are a bit costly. The drive to and the location is beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The casino had a large and varied number of slots but my main complaint was the smokiness of the casino. There were a number food choices available around the casino and they afforded a number of price options, so that was a plus to us. We would like to visit again, but since we work we can only visit on weekends and the cost of rooms are a bit high for more than one night, especially if you hope to gamble in the casino.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for you review of you stay here at Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you as a guest in the near future. Please visit our website often as we post all promotions and special rates regularly. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went to the casino on a Wednesday night, hoping to enjoy Texas Hold'em table, none were open, only two 3card poker tables were open and drinks and service were terrible. Then I asked if hotel had an available room, they said no. If, you are looking for a casino experience go to Sand's in Bethlehem, PA.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank mrsguyjack
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit to our casino. We certainly do regret the circumstances surrounding your last trip. We would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience you endured in regards to the lack of Texas Hold’em tables and beverage services offered at our casino. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to the proper departments. You are a valued customer and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived on Sunday at 3:15 and was told that our room was not ready..OK, check-in was at 4 pm.
At 4 pm I returned to the Desk and we were given our room keys which did not work properly and required an additional trip to the front desk..People at the front desk were not very informative about the different offerings and I had to remind them I had booked an "Escape Package" to get the benefits of the package I booked. They could have done better. Pay outs were meager at best. Restaurants were excellent and the manager of the Italian restaurant offered us a comp desert when he heard our check-in story, Food was over the top. Rooms were clean but I feel were a bit pricey for the services offered.

1  Thank Steve10598

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mount Airy. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your check-in and with the Front Desk; this provides us an opportunity to improve our current services. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Le Sorelle. Regarding your gaming experience, you have expressed disappointment that you did not find our games paying out. Please be assured that Mount Airy Does not control who wins or loses. In fact, it may interest you to know that the slot hold percentage is the second lowest in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and we have the highest payback percentage in the Commonwealth. This means we provide great value to our gaming patrons. Again, thank you for your recent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Airy soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just an FYI we arrived on a Tuesday at 3 pm with a reservation for a king non smoking for 2 days.. Upon arrival the desk clerk informed me they only had a handicap room for me. ! I thought it was a joke this trip was for my 60 birthday . She continued and went into great detail on the differences between a regular room and a handicap. I reminded her we had a reservation and she told me well others came first and got those rooms. I told her I could not understand this since it was 3 pm and check in is 4 pm . She went on to say" a reservation only guarantees you a room" ! Now i asked her to get someone who could address this .Another person came over did not speak with me and went on the computer screen and pointed for the desk clerk to read the screen. She than offered us a room with 2 queen non smoking which we took.
No financial compensation no upgrade no apology.
Hotel itself is very nice looking and clean . Casino and restaurant staff also were very nice. Bars and restaurants need more . Night club activity limited it seems to weekends ? Nothing going on tuesday/wednesday we were there. .

1  Thank codylucy

Thank for providing your recent feedback regarding your last visit at Mount Airy. We certainly do regret any inconveniences caused regarding the room type assigned to you at check-in. Due to the ever changing circumstances (guests extending a stay unexpectedly, or departing earlier, or changing their mind upon arrival) it is impossible for us to have 100% control of our room inventory on any specific date, and thus cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available upon your arrival. Agents will always ask your preference because our intention is to assign a room for you that is to your liking. Upon your arrival the Front Desk staff will always try to accommodate you, and any other guest, to the best of their ability. However, there will be times that a specific room type is unfortunately not available. We do hope you understand. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our Hotel, Casino and restaurants and hope you have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Saturday night, Oct 20, 2012, was our first night at this hotel. We came specifically to see the Stylistics and what a fantastic show that was! We loved the drive up the mountains. We always go to Atlantic City but decided to change it up since the concert was a birthday present for my husband. Although it was pricey for the night (I believe it cost us about $330 for the one night), it was very enjoyable.

CHECK-IN: We arrived at 3:30pm and Valet parking is free for guests. It was nice to walk out of our car and walk right up to check-in. It was so convenient, no wait or anything. We were given a room on the 6th floor and we asked for a room by the elevator, which was available, and our room was the first room right by the elevator.

The room was immaculate, clean, very classy. Everything in the hotel and guest check in was top notch. It was perfect. It was a better group of people, and we didn’t see anyone of the suspicious characters you see on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. That being said, let me give a quick overview of our experience of the Casino floor.

CASINO: It was a perfect size. Not big and not small. My husband read online that there are about 2500 machines, I’m assuming that to be about accurate. It was crowded, but we seemed to always find something to play that we were familiar with. SMOKING IN CASINO – although many people have reviewed the smoking as an issue, I cannot really comment since my husband and I are smokers and therefore the smoke never bothered us. I thought it had great ventilation and you can walk out of the casino anytime and sit outside and get some fresh Pocono air if need be.

SLOTS: This casino had EVERYTHING! There was a huge variety of machines and you will not be disappointed. My husband I are slot people and we enjoyed the variety of machines that were available. We had no problems finding something we enjoyed and wanted to play. One thing, we enjoy playing Video Roulette, however, at this casino, there was no option to play .25 cent and .50 bets, it started at $1 minimum. Did not like that – your money can go reallyyy fast! By the end of the night, we were down about $150 and decided to call it a night. The next morning we woke up and went back down, hoping to have better luck, and we were back in positive territory by the time we left to check out…. So we were happy about that!

STYLISTICS CONCERT: What a fantastic show! We loved it! The show took place in the gypsy lounge, which is there nightly club that they turn into a concert venue. There was no assigned seating in the front and it was all chairs set up. We sat so close in the middle. The sound was great, it was just a really nice evening of great music. After the concert, the members shook hands and thanked everyone for coming. I think this was one of my memorable concerts and I would love to see them again.

FOOD: We didn’t eat at the casino at all. We had brought some snacks with us which we ate and had eaten before we left. We had no appetites and the next morning we wanted to leave early so we had no time to eat. We did want to check out Bettys Diner but had no change. Well, hopefully, we will come back and again and will get a chance to do more.

FINAL COMMENT: We would definitely come back. It would be nice to get a comp or discounted room. Maybe I’ll see a mail offer soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We believe there is no one better to judge our performance that our guests. We are exceptionally pleased when our guests find the accommodations, the atmosphere, and the services offered to their liking. It is always refreshing to receive reviews such as yours, confirming that our efforts do, in fact, make a difference. As we strive to ensure our guests feel welcome while at the casino and hotel, we would like to thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We hope to welcome you back to Mount Airy as a guest again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us at the resort if we may be of further assistance to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!