“Anniversary Stay”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived on Sunday at 3:15 and was told that our room was not ready..OK, check-in was at 4 pm.
At 4 pm I returned to the Desk and we were given our room keys which did not work properly and required an additional trip to the front desk..People at the front desk were not very informative about the different offerings and I had to remind them I had booked an "Escape Package" to get the benefits of the package I booked. They could have done better. Pay outs were meager at best. Restaurants were excellent and the manager of the Italian restaurant offered us a comp desert when he heard our check-in story, Food was over the top. Rooms were clean but I feel were a bit pricey for the services offered.

1  Thank Steve10598
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mount Airy. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your check-in and with the Front Desk; this provides us an opportunity to improve our current services. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Le Sorelle. Regarding your gaming experience, you have expressed disappointment that you did not find our games paying out. Please be assured that Mount Airy Does not control who wins or loses. In fact, it may interest you to know that the slot hold percentage is the second lowest in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and we have the highest payback percentage in the Commonwealth. This means we provide great value to our gaming patrons. Again, thank you for your recent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Airy soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just an FYI we arrived on a Tuesday at 3 pm with a reservation for a king non smoking for 2 days.. Upon arrival the desk clerk informed me they only had a handicap room for me. ! I thought it was a joke this trip was for my 60 birthday . She continued and went into great detail on the differences between a regular room and a handicap. I reminded her we had a reservation and she told me well others came first and got those rooms. I told her I could not understand this since it was 3 pm and check in is 4 pm . She went on to say" a reservation only guarantees you a room" ! Now i asked her to get someone who could address this .Another person came over did not speak with me and went on the computer screen and pointed for the desk clerk to read the screen. She than offered us a room with 2 queen non smoking which we took.
No financial compensation no upgrade no apology.
Hotel itself is very nice looking and clean . Casino and restaurant staff also were very nice. Bars and restaurants need more . Night club activity limited it seems to weekends ? Nothing going on tuesday/wednesday we were there. .

1  Thank codylucy

Thank for providing your recent feedback regarding your last visit at Mount Airy. We certainly do regret any inconveniences caused regarding the room type assigned to you at check-in. Due to the ever changing circumstances (guests extending a stay unexpectedly, or departing earlier, or changing their mind upon arrival) it is impossible for us to have 100% control of our room inventory on any specific date, and thus cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available upon your arrival. Agents will always ask your preference because our intention is to assign a room for you that is to your liking. Upon your arrival the Front Desk staff will always try to accommodate you, and any other guest, to the best of their ability. However, there will be times that a specific room type is unfortunately not available. We do hope you understand. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our Hotel, Casino and restaurants and hope you have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Saturday night, Oct 20, 2012, was our first night at this hotel. We came specifically to see the Stylistics and what a fantastic show that was! We loved the drive up the mountains. We always go to Atlantic City but decided to change it up since the concert was a birthday present for my husband. Although it was pricey for the night (I believe it cost us about $330 for the one night), it was very enjoyable.

CHECK-IN: We arrived at 3:30pm and Valet parking is free for guests. It was nice to walk out of our car and walk right up to check-in. It was so convenient, no wait or anything. We were given a room on the 6th floor and we asked for a room by the elevator, which was available, and our room was the first room right by the elevator.

The room was immaculate, clean, very classy. Everything in the hotel and guest check in was top notch. It was perfect. It was a better group of people, and we didn’t see anyone of the suspicious characters you see on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. That being said, let me give a quick overview of our experience of the Casino floor.

CASINO: It was a perfect size. Not big and not small. My husband read online that there are about 2500 machines, I’m assuming that to be about accurate. It was crowded, but we seemed to always find something to play that we were familiar with. SMOKING IN CASINO – although many people have reviewed the smoking as an issue, I cannot really comment since my husband and I are smokers and therefore the smoke never bothered us. I thought it had great ventilation and you can walk out of the casino anytime and sit outside and get some fresh Pocono air if need be.

SLOTS: This casino had EVERYTHING! There was a huge variety of machines and you will not be disappointed. My husband I are slot people and we enjoyed the variety of machines that were available. We had no problems finding something we enjoyed and wanted to play. One thing, we enjoy playing Video Roulette, however, at this casino, there was no option to play .25 cent and .50 bets, it started at $1 minimum. Did not like that – your money can go reallyyy fast! By the end of the night, we were down about $150 and decided to call it a night. The next morning we woke up and went back down, hoping to have better luck, and we were back in positive territory by the time we left to check out…. So we were happy about that!

STYLISTICS CONCERT: What a fantastic show! We loved it! The show took place in the gypsy lounge, which is there nightly club that they turn into a concert venue. There was no assigned seating in the front and it was all chairs set up. We sat so close in the middle. The sound was great, it was just a really nice evening of great music. After the concert, the members shook hands and thanked everyone for coming. I think this was one of my memorable concerts and I would love to see them again.

FOOD: We didn’t eat at the casino at all. We had brought some snacks with us which we ate and had eaten before we left. We had no appetites and the next morning we wanted to leave early so we had no time to eat. We did want to check out Bettys Diner but had no change. Well, hopefully, we will come back and again and will get a chance to do more.

FINAL COMMENT: We would definitely come back. It would be nice to get a comp or discounted room. Maybe I’ll see a mail offer soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We believe there is no one better to judge our performance that our guests. We are exceptionally pleased when our guests find the accommodations, the atmosphere, and the services offered to their liking. It is always refreshing to receive reviews such as yours, confirming that our efforts do, in fact, make a difference. As we strive to ensure our guests feel welcome while at the casino and hotel, we would like to thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We hope to welcome you back to Mount Airy as a guest again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us at the resort if we may be of further assistance to you.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I plan to go to the Resort tomorrow for two days. We have been there about six times in the past two years and have had a wonderful time each time. Our Casino host (Joseph Lanzerotti) is the BEST. We found the rooms to be clean, comfortable beds, and very spacious. The food was above average. The staff was very friendly and professional. The slot machines were not as friendly as some of the other local casinos in the N.Y. and CT area. But, as they say----Casinos were not built on winners! If we have as good a time as in the past, we will return to Mt. Airy again. You really can't go wrong by staying there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of your experience from your past trips to our hotel and casino. It takes much time, planning, and effort to ensure that our patrons have a thoroughly enjoyable experience, so it is refreshing to read positive reviews such as yours, allowing us to know that our efforts do not go unnoticed. Loyal guests such as yourself and your wife enforce our efforts and hard work. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Airy as guests again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I agree with other reviewers that the rooms were new, nice and clean but the hotel is a little bit overpriced. The main problem with the hotel was that it smelled like smoke everywhere and even though we were in a non-smoking room, the bathroom still smelled like smoke. They have a little section for non-smokers on a different floor but it's only slot machines and no table games which was very disappointing as we came here to gamble a little. The service was good from the front desk to housekeeping and the valet service was great. The bed was nice but the mattress was tilted in a way that the head is lower than the legs which was a bit uncomfortable but the black out shades allowed us for a nice rest and so did the quiet. The casino is unbearable to use for a non-smoker so we will probably not come back here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience on your past trip to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are pleased to know you were satisfied with our services and accommodations. In regards to the smoky conditions, we pleased to announce our hotel accommodations are now non-smoking, site wide. We do have a 3rd floor non-smoking slot room, and on the main casino floor, the non-smoking section would be nearest the restaurants. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board actually requires that we have 50% of the casino floor smoking. We also work with an air quality specialist to ensure the overall air quality of our casino. We appreciate your patronage and hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary and got a couples massage. It was the worst massage ever...for both of us. Do not waste your money. The room at the hotel was ok, but way overpriced. Casino was filled with smokers and crowded with grandparents. I do not recommend going here.

6  Thank tpockey

Thank you for providing us with your feedback from your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that most of your experience was enjoyable. We do thoroughly regret to hear of your experience in the spa. Please be assured that we will certainly pass your feedback along to our Spa manager. We strive for all aspects of our casino and resort to meet the highest standards. When we do hear of shortfall experiences such as yours we take as many steps as possible to ensure that it does not happen again. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The rooms were clean and nice. Took them forever to clean the room but fine I understand they have to get the new rooms ready first but for a paying guest I don't want to have to call at 2:00 and ask to get my room cleaned.

The casino was nice, decent slots, tables were fine...

The SPA is AWFUL...I understand spa's at a place like this will be more money...but for the extra money I expect better service...the staff was not very friendly...the manicure was the most basic manicure I have ever gotten...10 second hand massage and paint should not be $36...they rushed the massage..

then when you go to pay they have the person that JUST did your service ring you up and inform you that they already included an 18% tip in your bill (fine) but that if you want to leave more that is ok....that is so tacky!!! do not have the person that just did my serivce ring me up and put pressure for a bigger tip...

the spa is a joke!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for providing us with your feedback from your recent experience with us. We are delighed to hear that enjoyed our Hotel and Casino. We do thoroughly regret to hear of your experience in the Spa. Please be assured that you feedback will be shared with the Spa manager for review. As we strive for all aspects of our resort to meet the highest standards, when a shortfall is experienced we take prompt action to ensure that it does not happen again. Again, thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!