“The good, bad and the very ugly...”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
“The good, bad and the very ugly...”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I had a meeting at the nearby Chateau...would never stay there ( made that mistake once)...this Mount Airy hotel casino is close enough and a much better choice...probably the best in the area. So here's the good, bad and the ugly...
Check in is very slow. Only one person checking guests in. Amazing to me.
Rooms are plush, modern and nice. Bed and linens are great. Bathrooms nicely done and modern. Flat screen TV is mounted on the wall...nice touch! Love the soft color choices in the room...good lighting and plugs nicely placed.
Getting to the nitty gritty...be careful not to TOUCH the mini bar and the snacks on top of the mini bar...or you will be charged for them! I accidentally knocked over the water and a hotel person had to come to the room to inspect that it was not opened. (omg).
Casino floor REEKS of cigarette smoke. If you are not a smoker this will not be the place to be. I walked through and I could barely breathe. This casino is a paradise for smokers...and they rule here...their only place left!
Windows in the room do not open...would have liked the breeze but...no.
I booked my hotel stay on line and without realizing it, I booked it through Expedia. My rate was not better than a few others iny group and the hotel refused to give me a receipt of any kind because I did not book through the hotel. I need a receipt for expenses. It will be a pain to go back 8 months to retrieve my on line receipt. This was very annoying to me.
Tannersville outlet mall is close and a good place to shop.
Overall, I like my room but the casino is horrible.

• Stayed September 2012
10 Thank Shersei
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. As we are always looking for additional avenues for growth we appreciate you taking the time to post review. We will communicate your comments with the proper departments for future considerations and improvements. We certainly do apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while here on you most recent visit. We hope to welcome you back, should you choose to return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at Mt. Airy Labor Day night. Actually, I rolled in about 11:30 AM that day and they had a room ready for me at checkin. Great! The room was nice as usual. I do wish that they had a fridge in the room instead of the mini-bar but what the hey. I could not believe how crowded the casino was! I had quite a wait to get my favorite machine (I will not say which one). I saw later why it was so crowded. Several buses came to pick up people late afternoon. To my surprise, there was also a bus picking up at about 3 AM. This woke me since my room was over the valet.
Since I wanted to watch the golf tourney, I ordered room service around 4:30 PM. They no longer had my first two choices even though the in-room menu still had them. But my third choice (roasted turkey platter) turned out to be great. And it was delivered in less than 20 minutes. And the tray was picked up quickly from the hallway afterwards. Everyone I dealt with was helpful and nice. I have no complaints at all. Did not win any money but I had fun. Until next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JLESTO
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoy the casino and its facilities. There is no one better to judge our services that you our guest! We look forward to welcoming you as a guest again soon.
Endicott, NY
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Mt Airy resort is such a modern, gorgeous resort. The rooms are state of the art. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food options are great. The casino has a lot of slots and a lot tables with many different choices. The buffet is really good with many different food options. This is all over a great stay!

2 Thank Tony9Rose1
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay here at Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are pleased to see that our dedication to four diamond accommodations meets your expectations. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Thank you again for you feedback.
Wayne,nj
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Ref dining always had buy one Buffett get one.... All gone.. A lot of people complaining... We give our losses they should at least give us a food discount! A good day out is a good meal and a good time with friends

Room Tip: Bring a lot of food money
2 Thank Bigbetter
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your impressions of Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoy the casino and its facilities. There is no one better to judge our services that you our guest! Your comments will be shared with management for future considerations. We look forward to welcoming you as a guest again soon.
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday last March. When we went he got some kind of shopping and dining package. Basically, we were given a credit to dine so we didn't have to pay much to eat at the resort which was nice. Location wise, it's very beautiful and scenic. I would have liked to stay longer and maybe snowboad or zipline but since we were only going for a couple of days we stuck to shopping and to the resort. The rooms were very nice and up to par with my expectations, since I'm picky when it comes to picking out rooms. We were given a casino credit to gamble as well. My husband and I are NOT gamblers whatsoever, but since we received a free credit we used it and lost it all..haha. It was fun trying but we're not people to throw our money away, so if it wasn't for the free credit we wouldn't have done it at all.

The spa experience here was awesome! I had a massage and a pedicure done. It was such a relaxing and positive experience. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was very calming. My husband dropped me off and then came back and picked me up later. I LOVEDDDD IT.

Another thing that is awesome about this place is the location. It's not very far from the outlets or from fun things to do. We went to the outlets and I made out like a bandit.

The only downsides of this place was how intense the buffet line was!! If you wanted to eat at the buffet, you had to be prepared to wait in a longgggg line of people. Once we got in there, the food was really good. I understand why people come out, it doesn't seem like there is much in the area so obviously a lot of people flock to this casino for the food and to hangout.

All in all, I had a really good experience here. I want to go back!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natalie L
Thank you for taking the time to provide your impression of Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. It certainly highlights the dedication and hard work put forth in the design of our policies, team member training and standards in which we hold ourselves. As a four diamond AAA rated resort we strive to provide only the highest level of customer service and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2012

my husband and I checked in after 11 pm. check in was super fast and easy. had a beautiful room on the 6th floor. (non smoking, standard type room). the room was really beautiful!! super clean!! little to no signs of wear and tear!! stunning bathroom with a glass enclosed shower, gorgeous fixtures, and fairly spacious. king size bed was super comfortable. very elegant looking with a down comforter. I almost didnt book this trip because I thought the room was to expensive ($230), but I called down to the front desk the next morning and they extended my check out til 12 pm instead of 11am. ate at "the buffet" restaurant and it was delicious!! (ads in the casino said they had a new menu) the casino was very nice, asked for a comp breakfast at one of the casino tables and apparently we hadn't lost enough money and they said no!! (lost over $500 + the cost of the room). I think they could have given us a free breakfast, but maybe I'm asking for too much.
disappointments: no pool, no free breakfast.

6 Thank annanonymous
Thank you for taking the time to provide your impression of Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We are also happy to hear that services and accommodations were to your liking. As we strive to ensure our guests feel comfortable while at our Hotel and Casino, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Thank you again for you feedback.
newyork
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have been here 1 hour and it is all I expected and worth the money I paid. I will come here again and may take my wife, or not. Just like the pictures on the internet. One issue that just might be me, but I like if valet parking waits 15 min prior to taking your car so you make sure you have all your stuff while checking in. Had to make them go back 2 min after checking in to get my wife's ID. Like I said I should of left the wife at home. :-)

1 Thank haztaz
Thank you for your review of our facility. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit, and our accommodations were to your liking. We hope to welcome you and "your wife" as guest again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mt. Airy Casino & Resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!