“Short stay over Memorial Day Weekend”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Hotel and Casino is set in a very pleasant location - golf course in front and mountains around. Very green and calming. The casino itself was average, four restaurants - Red was very good, the others okay. The crowd was generally older, but that did not bother us. They had an outdoor movie night one evening and fireworks another. The one thing about this Casino hotel is that there are things to do around if you don't want to gamble all the time. Hiking trails, golf, an outlet mall nearby. Compared to Vegas and AC properties like the Borgata - I had to give it a 3. The rooms were clean and had a coffee maker which was a bonus. The casino was smokey so if you are not a smoker you may have a problem. Went for a massage at the Spa. Again I give it a 3. The girls were young and quite indifferent to customer service. The hotel does not have a pool and the spa did not have a Jacuzzi. It's definitely worth a visit there to make up your own mind.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lovegoodthings
gsmgrs, quality control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on the Mt. Airy Casino. We truly enjoy having you as our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review of our facility and staff. We will certainly communicate your comments with the Spa management for future development of their customer service.

As we aim to provide the best service to every patron, we are happy to see you enjoyed your visit overall. We hope you will choose Mt. Airy for your future outing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay one night at Mt. Airy to get away (we are relatively local) and had a very nice time. When we booked, we mentioned that it was our anniversary which the front desk staff noted during our check in. We told the front desk that we had also made a reservation for dinner at Red Steakhouse, who they called to confirm our reservation and mention that it was our anniversary.

The hotel is beautiful, and updated compared to other hotels in the Poconos. Our room was very clean, especially the linens. The bed was comfortable and soft. We are ex-smokers, so sensitive to the smell of smoke, and our room did not smell like cigarettes as noted in other reviews. The main areas and casino do smell like smoke, but I didn't think it was any worse than other casinos in Atlantic City, etc. that I've been to before.

Our dinner at Red was delicious and we received a free dessert with a nice message for our anniversary. We gambled after dinner and there was a nice selection of table games; most starting at $25/bet (which I thought was normal for a Saturday).

Check out was very easy and the whole stay was relaxing. It was nice to walk around the property and we felt there was a lot to do for a weekend. If we return again, I would stay two nights and have a spa treatment while my husband plays golf. Tips that I would recommend for your stay are: valet your car, it's free. Once you drive past the hotel and valet, you will see that it is a rather far walk to the hotel from your car (which wouldn't have been terrible for us, but it was raining). There are shuttles from the casino parking lot, but if you are staying at the hotel, allow yourself to be pampered and valet your car. Also, if you are staying at a casino hotel, the prices of restaurants and rooms will be high at most places. If you are looking to book a night without seeing a show, look at the website to find the nights where there are no shows or entertainment, as those will have less expensive room rates.

For a night away in the poconos, we had a great time and will definitely go back.

9  Thank brookeypoo
gsmgrs, Quality Control at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing Mt. Airy to celebrate such a wonderful event in your lives. We are thrilled to see that we were able to make it extra special for you and your husband. As a four diamond AAA rated resort we aim to provide the highest level of customer service for every guest. We are delighted to see that that service was extended to you during your trip. We will share your compliments with our staff on a job well done!

We hope you are able to return soon and enjoy your Spa treatment. We are sure you will leave relaxed and stress-free. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The mattresses are the worst ever. I informed management after my last
visit about their mattress problem and was told all would be replaced by
April 1st. I scheduled this trip on their statement that this would be done. I
like MT Airy, but they are deceiving their guests and still using really
lumpy old mattresses. They also removed the mini fridges and put in mini
bars. There is no pool or exercise room. I don't know what makes this a 4
diamond hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank philjohn5218
Reviewed May 1, 2012

After I booked this hotel, I saw a TON of reviews, commenting on how terribly
smoky the casino area is. I was SO hoping that I would get there and find that
it wasn't as bad as they said. No such luck! I'm so dissapointed because
everything else about our stay was perfectly wonderful. The rooms were
extremely clean and beautifully updated. The most comfortable bedding that I've
ever slept on (better than my own). The staff was very friendly and
accomodating.

That being said, I'm left with no choice but to never visit there
again because of how miserable we were from the smoke. It was so bad that we
actually had to cut the night short and go back to our room to escape the smoke.

We were having a nice time in the casino and at the Glass Bar but all I could
think of was getting back to my room and taking a shower! That was probably the
best part of the stay! The casino may as well not even have a non-smoking
section because the whole entire place is overwhelmed with smoke. People would
just carry their ashtray around with them to the non-smoking areas and just
start smoking, wherever they felt like it. The non-smoking area was not
enforced in AT ALL! The way that everything is situated, forces you to walk through clouds of smoke in order to get to any of the restaurants! You can't even get in and out the entrance/exit of the casino without being forced through the smoke! I was hoping that what I recently read about them updating their filtration system for the smoke would have been an improvement. If in
fact it is an improvement, I can't imagine how bad it could have possibly been
before! There is a non-smoking (make-shift) casino on it's own floor but it's
not a very exciting place to hang out. None of the restaurants, bars,
nightclubs or gaming tables are there so it's just a bunch of slot machines.
I'm really sad that we can never go there again just because of one problem when
everything else about it was fabulous. =(

Please remedy this problem. We would sincerely love to come back. Clearly, I'm
not the only one complaining about it! You will eventually start losing
business. I'm unable to recommend your hotel to any of my friends because none
of them are smokers. You have to realize how important "word of mouth"
advertising, is!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
20  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you are going to the casino for the day make sure you eat first the dinner, and the Italian place were terrible. My husband and I stayed two nights. Our room was nice, beds very comfortable. The casino was great, nice staff and a lot of penny slots!

Room Tip: Don't eat at the casino
7  Thank Kate K
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Told them when we booked. Told them when we checked in. We got happy anniversary written in chocolate when our desert was served at their Italian restaurant. That was it. I didn't expect much but I thought they would do a little something. Nice accomodations. Staff very friendly. Would have been very pleased if I had just been there for a regular visit.

Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank KDHarley
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Although ALL the staff were VERY friendly and helpful, We waited a total of 4 1/2 hours to check into our room with 2 of these hours being after the official check-in time. AND my friends blood pressure medication being in our bags locked in a room that was not accessable to us.

Like I said the people very very friendly. The Food was over the top GREAT at Betty's Diner for both supper and breakfast .Slots were very tight.

If I had to RATE the 3 PA casinos I have been to it would be #1 Sands in Bethlehem, #2 Hollywood in Hershey then Mt.Airy

Room Tip: King Room was very nice
6  Thank Donna E
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!