“Just ok, Will not return”

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This resort is very nice from the outside. REally beautiful view from the road. However the stay was another story. Let me start with the rooms. Very smallwith cheap stiff hardboard comferters. How you gonna have a nice bed with crappy bedding?

There are only about 23 channels and most of them are news and sports. I saw 2 actual cable channels. USA and TNT

No free wireless internet, it cost $13 a day to use. Thphone calls were outrageous. We paid $8 for a phone call when a answering machine picked up. I would hate to see what they charge if I actually would've had a conversation.

For the money we could've stayed a extra night at paradise stream.

The casino is only slots and you have to pay for your drinks. The machines do not accept change or $1 bills. So you have to at least have $5 to play even on a penny machine.

I just really did not have fun at all. It was to overpriced and definately not worth it.

I did win $163 though. Please don't waste your time at this casino. go to mohegan or atlantic city. PLEASE DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank sashasmith51

Reviewed December 17, 2007

We decided to stay here for 1 night, before heading over to Caesar's in the Poconos. We got a really great deal because we went on a Monday night. The room was great, very comfortable, and obviously clean because it was only in use for about 1 month having just opened in November 2007. Nice big-screen TV, very comfortable bed, and large bathroom. The bellhop was fantastic, very informative and helpful.

We did not eat at Mt. Airy at all, but all prices that we did see were pretty high, IMO.

The casino and hotel were absolutely deserted on that Monday night. You could pick any machine that you wanted to, from one-half cent on up. We each lost a little bit of money and had had enough by that point. No table games.

Every member of the staff that we came in to contact with was very helpful.

We aren't big gamblers, and I don't think we will go back. We live in CT where we have Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods, and obviously, Mt. Airy does not compare. Beautiful lobby though.

We still prefer Paradise Stream or Crescent Lodge right up the street.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KatMom
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Took my wife for a romantic getaway to Mount Airy in the Poconos. It was a great trip for both of us as we were able to gamble, enjoy some quality time as well as shop which is also tops on my wifes list.

My wife wanted to do a weekend which I was not so keen on since I am a huge football fan and wanted to watch the games on Sunday. I convinced here to go on a Monday instead. The drive from Long Island was not that bad at all, in fact it was much better than going to Atlantic City.

We were very impressed at the quality of this facility, wow. The casino was big and we never felt crowded. The only downside was that there were no table games. Rumor has it that it may happen some day but I would have liked to have seen them there now. Besides that this casino was a good one, very well done.

Not much entertainment but there is still a lot of construction going on which will bring entertainment as well. Besides, we did get out for some dinner, drinks and some quality time in a beautiful room. We have no complaints at all about the rooms right down to the cost which was not bad at all, in fact cheap hotels on Long Island cost as much.

Not sure who owns this facility but I have to commend him/them on a job well done.

Looks like Pennsylvania is now in the Casino business big time. Maybe in the future we will see more casinos in the same area. We had asked someone about going to another casino and we were told it was at least 45 minutes away, a little too far to check out.

Overall I give this place a huge thumbs up!

Oh yeah, we found the food to be good and the service excellent.

Stayed: December 2007
6  Thank Big_Blue_Giants
Reviewed December 11, 2007

I recently stayed at the Mount Airy Casino Resort for my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend, and we truely couldn't have picked a better place. What a perfect stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Flat screen tv, big comfy pillow-top bed, huge bathroom with a large standup shower.. it was beautiful, and pretty inexpensive for a Saturday night.
We couldn't get over how friendly everyone was, from the front desk, to the room service staff, housekeeping, everything. Room service wasn't too expensive, and they even called us after delivering the food to follow up and see if we needed anything further.
Definitely sign up for a player's club card. Points/money accumulate quickly.
I highly recommend the diner for a nice inexpensive delicious meal.
As someone who works in the hotel industry, I always look out for all the little things when I travel to different hotels. This time I really could not pick out anything that I think they could have done better.
We will definitely be coming back to Mount Airy soon. We live in Northern New Jersey and the trip was so quick and easy, right up route 80. The directions on the Mount Airy website were good.
Thank you to everyone at Mount Airy for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CSpidell
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Having only visited the casino and not the hotel, I will leave my comments to just the casino. Mt. Airy is the closest casino, in design and cleanliness that I have seen to the Borgata in AC. I am a frequent player at the Borgata and love it there and was very happy to see that Mt. Airy is right up there. We visited on Black Friday thinking it would be empty but although the parking lot was packed we, too, never felt crowded in the casino. Everyone was very nice and accomodating. There were also many slots that I have never seen in AC, nor Las Vegas. We also saw many people winning. I came away with $700 which hardly ever happens in AC. We did not eat at the restaurants but the designs were very inviting. I, too, think that the price of the buffet was high for that area. However, I have never heard anyone complain that the shrimp were TOO BIG (as the other reviewer stated, maybe that was a typo???) As for the charge for the drinks.... I am happy that the PA casinos charge for drinks since most players drive there and the last thing we need are drunk drivers on our streets and highways. Maybe the casino can work out some type of comp drink coupons for the guests that are staying at the hotel, which I feel would be more than appropriate. I am hoping to get back to Mt. Airy on my next visit home to PA. Lots of luck to everyone....

Stayed: November 2007
13  Thank pink_flamingoNYC
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Stayed on Saturday 11/17/2007. The hotel is very, very nice. Not completely finished and you could see signs of ongoing work. No impact on my visit. The staff were very nice and willing to accomidate in anyway possible. We booked a King suite. Checked in in less then 3 minutes. Went to our room and it seemed like we were the first people staying in it. The room we were given had two double beds. Our friends were staying across the hall and had a King suite. I went down to the desk and within 5 minutes we had a new room on another floor and they even gave us ajoining rooms. The casino was not huge, but had all that you could want. My only complaint and I feel a little weired saying it was that we had to pay for mixed drinks ($5.50 each). Not a big deal. The machines were layed out nice and the place was very clean. We had dinner at Reds Steak house. Food was excellent. I don't know what the other people who commented were talking about. My steak was cooked to perfection and the sides (which you have to pay for) were excellent. The satff in the restaurant were very nice and the enviorment was more then confortable. Note that the restuarant is a little expensive but worth it. The Poconos are Back and even better then before. The arear in Mt. Pocono seems to be finally coming back. I highly recommend the place. It's better then Driving 2 1/2 hrs. to AC and the back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank DJKenny11
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Went to the casino the other night and was excited to see it. . About an hour ride from Morristown NJ. The casino was nice and the hotel looks like it will be really nice, just dont eat the food in the diner.(there version of a 24 hour coffee shop). The atmosphere in the diner is supposed to be 50s retro and instead comes off cold and un-inviting. We had the nachos which were small and unedible; (the cheese barely melted.) The BLT was on a small peice of whole wheat bread with cold fries for seven dollars.(what a rip off.) And the burger was hard and just as equally disapointing. The food may be okay for blue collar locals but if they plan on attracting tourists they better get there act together!

Stayed: November 2006
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!