“Fresh newer hotel over July 4th” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Airy Casino Resort

Mount Airy Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reading,pa
“Fresh newer hotel over July 4th”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is newer and the rooms and accomodations are fantastic. The beds were very comfortable and the views were very nice overlooking the gold course. Since it was our first time here we paid full rack rate for the room over July 4th. I have since then recieved free offers for gambling there. I would compare rooms with the Borgata in Atlantic City.

Gambling here was a good experience. However, I do agree that they do not segregate the smoking sections very well. You can smell smoke over the entire gaming floor. Also after the first trip I have been offered free rooms 7 days a week and I am not a big bettor...just a few hundred.

This place is closer to home and I would rather go there than Atlantic City. Staff was excellant and believe it or not room service is super cheap.

You can get a burger and fries for $7-$8 and chicken parm for $11.

Good choice for couples and or friends and family

Room Tip: Great room service menu and very affordable!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank powder068
Victoria R, Director of Sales at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear powder068,

Thank you for your feedback. The team here at Mount Airy Casino Resort is so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! You will be happy to know we did reconfigure our casino floor, segregating the smoking versus non-smoking areas, to make it more comfortable for non-smokers to enjoy. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you next time for return visit!

Best Regards,

Victoria Rogers
Director of Hotel Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was our second time staying here. The rooms our very nice with beautiful bathrooms and a comfy king bed! We don't gamble much but i did win 50.00 playing the slot machines. Had dinner at Le Sorrel and my husband and I thought it was the best Italian restaurant we've been to in a while. The cannoli's and capuccino were the highlight! Everyone was very friendly at the restaurant and the checkin/out . FYI the mini bar in your room works by a sensor so don't go in a handle the drinks or your room will be charged. We explained that we took a few out then returned them and they took them off the bill. Had breakfast in bed via room service and it was worth it !!!!

1 Thank tastefulLadyFromPA
Dear mindyjof,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and all hope to see you back here very soon for another stay at the beautiful Mount Airy Casino Resort!

Best Regards,

Victoria Rogers
Director of Hotel Sales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

After reading many of the reviews, I had somewhat low expectations. The smokiness does hit you as soon as you walk in the lobby. Our hotel floor was non-smoking and some of the blackjack tables were also. This is what I'd call an 'upper middle class' casino and hotel. The hotel rooms were spacious and nice. It appeared as if they had recently remodeled. The bed was a little old and lumpy though and they were a bit stingy with the towels. The casino was nice. I play blackjack and there were plenty of $5 and $10 tables. There were also some $25, $50, and $100 tables. I'm not sure what those who were talking about with the table minimums too high. While the casino was busy, we usually didn't have to wait to get a seat. The restaurants we tried - Betty's, the buffet, and the noodle bowl I'd all classify as a '3'. Edible, not great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank kiki070973
Northeast Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I reviewed the casino in March 2011. I would now like to update because things are better. I am a poker player and complained the dealers/staff was not friendly. Well, I've noticed a change and most dealers are very nice. Pandhi is great. The poker room workers/bosses are nice and accomodating (Thomas, Jeff, etc). Discretionary comps! Thank you!! Never got those at Mohegan, that's for sure. I also haven't noticed people smoking right outside the ropes anymore. Are they now told to move? If so, thank you Mount Airy! Still waiting for the poker room to be moved. Heard that it is being moved soon. No more being crammed in.

Back in March I said I liked the free drinks while you play. CAUTION: They took away the free drinks at the glass bar in the middle when you are playing the machines. I take breaks from poker and play video poker and now we have to pay. It is not the bartender's fault, so PLEASE don't stiff them on the tips! Just please make management aware you are NOT happy that they took away the free drinks. The bartenders are GREAT (Susanne, Joe, etc) and now they have to deal with the unhappy campers who now head to a machine on the floor. Tsk. Tsk.

Red Steakhouse is amazing. (Expensive, but this is a casino) Betty's is good if you know what to order. The Dance Club is all kids on the weekend so don't go in if you are over 30.

And the people who are complaining about what the people look like, it's similar to Atlantic City if you know what I mean. Again, this ain't Vegas. I always dress up when I go. When you look a certain way you get treated a certain way. And you feel better about yourself. But that's my opinion. And isn't TripAdvisor all about opinions? Enjoy Mount Airy!

3 Thank LilMamaP
Ronkonkoma, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Loved everything about it except how smokey the casino was on the main floor. They need to separate the smoking from non-smoking sections more. Smoke free casino upstairs was small and empty. In the morning went to play roulette and only 1 smoking table was open until 12 noon so I couldn't play- they lost money! Beautiful rooms and attentive staff. The food at Betty's restaurant wasn't very good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

OK The location is perfect, hotel is beautiful, rooms were clean and well decorated. They were $350 a night and no turn down service. The casino didn't have the vibe we were looking for. It was very smoky and it was filled with the great local community. You don't need to dress up to go there in other words. The games were OK. So I should say that the room was good, expensive, but the casino only OK. On the other hand, the restaurant "Red" amazing. Perfectly cooked steak. Again expensive. We had two drinks each at dinner and it was $185 a couple. A nice little getaway if you live within 1 hour of it because of the location but there are better places.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TA14
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

What can I say about Mt. Airy Casino Resort? I love this place and come here often. The brand new hotel is absolutely gorgeous, modern decor and comfortable beds. I sleep like a baby whenever I stay here. I can't say enough about it. The casino is awesome, just big enough for me. I always seem to get lucky here, too! Playing is fun but winning is the icing on the cake! I will continue to come to Mt. Airy Casino Resort for a long time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are top notch!
3 Thank psmith27
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,120 reviews

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!