“Just like the pictures”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My wife and I did a one night stay at paradise stream garden of Eden apple from 10/9-10/10. The address was hard to put in my cars navigation system so I put the intersection half a mile away. Once we arrived at the resort checkin was quick and they gave us a map and went over everything.

Once we got to the room we didn't expect it to look exactly like the virtual tour. After we sprayed Lysol on everything we enjoyed the pool and the heart shaped whirlpool. For dinner we were seated close to couples which I thought was odd being that we are here to enjoy a intimate time. The crab bisque was bad and the steak taste like liver. They had good steak sauce tho. I think it was called black lace. The cheesecake and strawberry shortcake were good. My wife and I shared them. Beware the drinks offered at dinner are a bit over priced. So come buzzed already. After dinner we headed over to the comedy show/Bernie Williams performance and we actually enjoyed ourselves more than we thought we would. I say that bc we came for the room and the activities were extra to us. Again beware they seat you with other couples you do not know. My wife and I felt like the youngest couple there (26-28). I actually like hanging around older crowds.

The room didn't have any windows so we couldn't tell if the sun had gone down or came up. The bed was too firm for me. Breakfast in bed was OK. All in all the room was nice, the staff was pleasant and I would luv to go again. This time I would like to try the lakeside villas because each room sits by itself next to the lake. The best way i can describe our room is by saying it was shaped like a slice of pizza connected to other rooms in a circle. Even though we didn't hear anyone through the walls I like the piece of mind. Our room was next to the woods which freaked my wife out. When we came out of our room at night we were facing dark woods. We are from the city so that would take some getting use to. Loved the resort. A one night stay was all we needed. Would go back this weekend if they weren't so expensive.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank DallasCowboy44

Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I just visited Paradise Stream over the past weekend and I must say we were truly disappointed. We arrived to the resort late due to traffic, the hotel staff was nice enough to give us complimentary dinner tickets to the cafe but when we called the cafe I was shocked to hear that a salad with salmon is considered TWO meals.... in other words, a plain green-leafed salad is considered a meal and ONE piece of salmon is considered another. Nevertheless to say, they accomodated us and gave us the salmon salads as one meal but the salmon was cold in some parts and hot in others... not very appetizing.
Form there on in, everything went down hill, the grounds are extremely limited and the "activites" are very lame so to speak. The food which was part of the all-inclusive deal got 1 star out of 5, the best thing was the breakfast.
The rooms are covered with outdated disgustine red carpet that tends to take on the odor of mold due to the pool and tub. I also think the rooms can be updated...the tvs for instance can be flat screens.
There is so much more I can type but space is limited. In a nutshell, we wont be going back.
One positive thing, I found the staff to be extremely polite and professional

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed in the champagne towers for our fourth anniversary. The room is truly stunning: from the 10 foot tall champagne glass jacuzzi tub, to the large heart shaped private in room pool.
The only issue we had was that 30 minutes in the pool turned my hair green. If the room hadn't been so spectacular this would have been a zero star review. But the hotel paid for a local salon to coerce the problem ASAP. So if you have light hair be sure to put it up before getting in the pool and keep it out if the water.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Sleonhard
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay at Paradise Stream for our anniversary for the weekend. We had stayed at Poconos Palace in 2009 and thought we'd try here. I chose Paradise stream because I thought it would be nice to go to the Casino across the way and we'd still have the events during the day to keep us busy. Well we were wrong. There was not much going on during the day unless you can count a wii sports event. Which was played one or 2 couples at a time. And since it was bowling, there was a long wait.

We decided to play mini golf outside. Well the amount of acorns on the ground was ridiculous when trying to play on an outdoor course. It obviously wasn't maintained at all as was evident on most of the outdoor activities.

The rooms seemed clean, but the moldy smell was always there. You could see the mold outside near all of the air conditioning units. They really need to update this place. The tvs are so old they have green tinge to them.

The food we had for dinner for Italian night was absolutely disgusting. I mean it had to be the worst food I've ever eaten in a restaurant. The dining room itself looked like a catering hall room that was not decorated. We had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Then they took in about 10 couples and seated them at different tables. Our waiter served us like in a catering hall. He came by and served everyone soup, then salad, then 5 people came to each table and served the dinner. Of course this is probably done so that you don't really look at what's being served until they move away. The potatos were burnt, the meat like leather, the stuffed rigatoni was way overcooked and mushy. The rolls were microwaved so that as you bit them, they got harder and harder. Lets just say disgusting......

We decided to order room service breakfast, then go to breakfast late also. The room service didn't bring forks, so we ate with our spoons. Then breakfast was passable because I ordered an omelet. It was fresh, but not made well. We were definately worried about having our steak night there.

The bright spot was that we went to a rodeo. It was supposed to be near paradise stream but it was really near poconos palace. So we had to go there to get the tickets, and we were told that we could eat there for dinner since we would be near there.Thank God!!! We had wonderful service and delicious food at Poconos Palace.

We definately won't be staying at Paradise Stream unless they make serious changes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benee16
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed four days and three nights at the resort, and found it quite relaxing and enjoyable. We drove from Ontario, and were delayed through a pair of road reconstruction projects,and then got lost in Mount Pocono. The problem is that the resort is on a rural road and wouldn't come up on our GPS unit; this is a challenge we'd suggest the resort owners address. Stress-free travel is important in getting to and from a tourist destination. GPS navigation is critically important for those of us driving from well out of state.
The positive experiences with the resort began with check-in. We were given an upgrade because we were celebrating our anniversary, and the room was truly amazing, complete with the obligatory heart-shaped tub, and our own small indoor pool and private sauna. The round bed was incredibly comfortable. The only drawback to our room was the TV was in need of an upgrade; the colours were a little washed out.
Our room backed onto the resort stream; what a breath of fresh air to stand just outside our door and view the woods and the water each time we left or arrived at our room. The resort should place chairs along the stream for couples to enjoy a glass of wine or other beverage while taking in this experience in the early evening (or coffee or tea in the morning!).
The food was first-rate, as both breakfast and dinner are included in this all-inclusive resort, with a number of options from which to choose. Guests are responsible for lunch and alcoholic beverages. (One complimentary glass of wine with dinner for each guest would be a nice touch by the resort; I'm sure most guests would pay for a refill or two(!) if it's a good wine.)
The dining room decor is quite dated. How about some plants and an indoor waterfall feature or two?
The golf course is located at a sister resort, about a 30-minute drive away. It was quite disappointing. The greens were in rough shape and difficult to play. The actual course layout is quite good, and a little investment in the greens would make it a nice afternoon out. Despite this shortcoming, we still did 18 holes a day (two rounds of 9; it was great to be out in the fresh air and wonderful surroundings).
The evening entertainment program ranged from "two thumbs up" for the Monday of our stay to "ho-hum" for the Wednesday. The comedians on the Monday were both great, and the "How Dumb Is Your Husband" audience participation event quite funny. (They should do a variation of this every night; the more audience participation, the better.) The juggler on the Tuesday was good. We passed on Wednesday's ventriloquist and beer sampling evening; not our cup of tea.
The onsite nature hike was very good. We saw two deer at a distance, and they re-emerged from the woods only minutes after we passed by and seemed to "pose" for us and our camera. It only takes 30 to 45 minutes for the hike, and we'd strongly suggest it as an outing at least on one of your days at the resort.
The staff are simply amazing. Every one of them seemed truly interested and dedicated to guests having a relaxing and fun stay. They were cheerful at all times and seemed to know the menu inside and out.
It was hard to leave, but we will remember this trip for a long time. As a couple, it was great to relax and reconnect after a very busy year at work!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brantford32
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I took the villa next to lake. One huge negative is that it right next to highway , you can see and hear cars if you step outside. Size of lake and house nothing as big as on picture. Inside the room is small clean great bed cozy. Indoor space is new but small, ok indoor pool.

Restaurant:
1. Poorly lit.
2. The bread was defrosted not restaurant baked.
3. Salad was too small something a kid could throw together.
4. Soup was too salty and served from a can.
5. Shrimp with penne pasta was good but a little salty.
6. Steak was a little dry and sauce too salty. Potatoes did not look attractive.
7. Desert too simple.

If you want fine dining don't go here.
If you want beautiful scenery with wide spaces don't go here.
If you want a clean cozy room and some air, go here.

Cove Haven 10 times better.

Great but expensive frozen drinks. $12 for passion mix.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank 12Violet
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We had a good stay very good servie. We arrived early about 10:45a.m. we were able to eat a buffet style breakfast which was very good. The staff was very friend and helpful! After breakfast our room was ready! considering check in time is 3pm we were happy. Our room was nice and clean we stayed in the Lakeside Villa! overlooking the lake very small lake but nice and relaxing. Ou bed was very comfortable we loved our bed! Dinner was great I did expect the steak to be a little more tender since it was being RAVED so much! However, the choices and the amount of food you get is very satisfying. I had 3 Xlarge jumbo shrimp, crab bisque soup for starters and I had a steak medium well with creamy spinach and salad and my dessery was strawberry shortcake and my honey and I shared a slice of cheeecake! you can eat as much as you want..lol Our show for the night was pretty good the comedian was funny and Denny More the hypnotist performed a great show and lastly a really nice perk was checkout at 1pm!!!! just call front desk and ask!

Overall I enjoyed this place there is young and old and the diversity is good. No they don't have plasma tv's and the dinning area is not the most up to date but it's nice! It's clean it's comforting it's worth enjoying with the one you loved. We would like to go back one more time! perhaps the winter.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!