“Stayed an extra night, we liked it so much!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Middlesex, NJ
“Stayed an extra night, we liked it so much!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We were fortunate enough to win a 2-night stay at this resort and stayed in one of the Lakeside Villas. It's like having your own little house on the lake! The room was SUPER clean and although the stereo didn't work when we first got there, after one phone call it was fixed inside of an hour. The bed was comfortable, the living room was wonderful and the best part was the deck overlooking the lake. We spent HOURS out there - coffee in the morning, cocktails in the evening. The room has a fridge and coffee maker, so that was great. In fact, we had a third vacation night booked at one of the other Cove Haven resorts, but we liked this one so much we asked at the front desk if we could possibly just stay another night. Their response? "Done!" Seriously, it took them like 30 seconds and we were in for another night!

Pros:
Location - in the heart of the Poconos (if you like that). It's also about three minutes from Mt. Airy Lodge Casino, if you're looking to do a little gambling.
Staff - every single person with dealt with during our stay was super friendly, helpful, and just really, really nice. Our favorite was the entertainment director (I'm old so I can't remember his name). He was a hoot! He ran games by the pool in the afternoon, trivia in the lounge in the evening, and participated in some of the evening entertainment. He's a great asset to the resort.
Outdoor pool - in a word - AWESOME! Clean, not too cold, oh, and did I mention there's a little tiki bar at the pool? Another place we spent a lot of time hanging out at.
Indoor pool - nice, clean, two Jacuzzis. It was so nice outside that we really only spent about 30 minutes in there, just to check it out.
Accommodations - roomy, clean, wonderfully comfortable bed. Great Jacuzzi and the acoustics in the shower warming up for Karaoke night (once we got our stereo fixed) were incredible! LOL
Comfortable sofa, mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and of course, the deck overlooking the lake.
Meals - this one will have to go in two categories - pros AND cons. Breakfast was really good - they had a full buffet with quite a large selection. In addition, if you wanted to order "made-to-order" stuff, i.e., omelets, pancakes, etc., you could get them as well. And the coffee in the lobby was a nice touch.
Nightly entertainment - pretty good range, from live music, to magicians (we missed that one) to Rockaoke - basically Karoake but you sing with a live band. Which was WAY fun, by the way!

Cons:
Really not too many, I've got to say.
The outside of the Lakeside villas could use a little sprucing up (coat of paint, maybe some new outdoor carpet?)
My only complaint about the interior of the villa was the combination of step-up from the living room to the bedroom + an archway opening. Just a teensy bit hazardous to navigate, especially after a night in the lounge!
Food - Dinner - although the food was pretty good, a somewhat limited selection. In pretty much every case we rated the dinners as 4 stars - the protein portions were okay, the sides were generally very good, and the desserts were really good.
Bit of a "retro" vibe - which my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed, but for some people the lounge, etc., might be just a teensy bit TOO retro.

All in all, we had a blast and we've already recommended the resort to friends. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Definitely get one of the Lakeside Villas. We spent hours on our deck overlooking the lake with coff...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gabyzee
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Great photos, gabyzee! Thank you for the review and the recommendations. So happy you had a blast - this is what we love to hear. See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our suite was very nice. The meals in the dining room were good. The nightly entertainment was great. We have stayed there many times and have not been disappointed. We will definitely stay there again.

1 Thank TheHarkl
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Happy anniversary and thank you, TheHarkl!
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went away for a few days as a romatic getaway and we did have a great time. We can overlook most things as it's really each others company that matters. The room actually wasn't bad but it wasn't cleaned as good as it should have been. The bed is actually on castors and when I knocked into it I moved it slightly and made the mistake of looking down. What I saw were some fake nails from the previous guest and some dust that seems to have been there for quite a while. Since the bed is on castors it would seem relatively easy to move it and do a quick vacuuming. With this being a romatic destination you know what the previous guests are doing in the room and that is why it is so important to clean it exceptionally well so we don't have any icky feelings. Also in the sauna we saw a cigarette butt just sitting on the wooden bench which again just leaves us with that feeling of what and how well was this room cleaned.

I feel like this place could be a very nice destination but I'm worried that the lack of maintenance may lead to the failure of this resort. Right outside our room there was some stucco that was falling off of a column, and a lot of the other buildings were showing some serious signs of deterioration. We really enjoy our time outside playing activities and played a lot of shuffle board, basketball, archery and many of the other actitivies offered on site. We had a great time but again couldn't help but chuckle when all of the basketballs are flat, some of the shuffle board pucks are chipped, and majority of the arrows are broken or mangled. We also spent a good deal of time in the arcade but even there we had a bunch of machines that just kept eating our tokens. We enjoyed playing pool but some of the pool tables were stained pretty badly. That really didn't bother me but when you stop and think about all of the other small issues it does add up.

Overall we did enjoy our time there but I don't know if we would go back. I feel like when you're spending as much money as you are there and have a daily fee of $20 (some of which is supposed to go towards maitenance) you're not getting what you paid for. If they start putting some money into the resort to take care of it I would possibly consider going back in the future.

Ken J

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ken J
Ken J, we apologize for the issues you mentioned and would like the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please consider reaching out to me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my boyfriend for 2 nights and 3 days. Diana's oasis is really nice and comfortable. We spent there beautiful time...
We had our own mountain bicycles cos we love riding. We were in forest and everywhere we were cycling. The entertainment was good, we loved the outside and inside pool. It was little raining and cloudy during our stay but we were in the outside pool and have great time there also! I would say this place is amazing for couples when you want to have fun, own jaccuzi and pool. I dont think the furniture was outdated. Everything looked the same like in the photos on website. If you are not satisfied with youself you will not be happy anywhere!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veronika C
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thanks Veronika C! Love your review! <3
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed Aug 5-7th. We had a great time! Front desk staff were great! I had read reviews about it being outdated, but our room wasn't! It was VERY clean! The pool was crystal clear and jacuzzi tub worked great! The mini golf course could be updated, but considering it gets worn by the winters there it is understandable for it to be in the condition it is in. We didn't try any of the other services as we had already had plans to go to Camelback Mountain and Beach during our days there. We plan on coming back again and would like to try a different room for a different experience. It was a great little get away for our 5th anniversary! Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed August 2014
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Happy 5th anniversary! Thank you for sharing it with us. Hope to see you again.
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the resort August 18 through the 19th. I went for a romantic day getaway . We stayed in the champagne suite.

Starting off I was very skeptical based on the other reviews. When we arrived our room was not ready and we where there 3:30 on the dot. It was extremely busy and there were other couples waiting on rooms as well. They were very apologetic and did there best to make it up to me. I didn't see a reason to throw a fit because there were people already upset. We did not get in our room till 5 so I was not happy about that at all. I had a short time being there and I felt my time was wasted.

When we did get in the room it looked just like the photos, it was clean but the room definitely need to be updated for the cost. I would say at least 100 less. It was 80s style with outdated furniture. We where there to have fun so we made the best of it. I heard that the dinner wasn't the best so we actually went to Mt. Airy and went to the streak house Reds (it was amazing.) So I can't really tell you how the dinner was. Also there were not any wash clothes in my room something about a linen truck breaking down on the way there. It took 3 calls and several hrs later to get towels to my room. Which I thought was unacceptable.

I did use all the room had to offer the heated pool, the fire place and the massage table. The best part was the champagne tower it took forever for the thing to fill but when it did it was very relaxing and romantic. The next morning I went to their dining facility to have breakfast. I would say I was disappointed that there is no breakfast room service. The breakfast was buffet style which I don't like at all. The breakfast was awful, very bland and cold I just didn't like it so I really didn't eat the rest of it . When we went back to our room the shower didn't have hot water and I had to call for maintenance to turn it on I don't understand why.

In the end I would say it's a great experience and they did have great cheerful people who work there but they have to work on service. I don't think I would stay there again based on how I felt my time was wasted because I didn't get in the room till later. It is a good experience to have I don't know if I want to have my honey moon there if things don't change.

2 Thank cocoa o
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Cocoa O, happy to hear that overall you had a great experience. I am very sorry about your check in experience. Please know that we are working on correcting this. We would like to see how we can get you back to the Land of Love. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three days and two nights. We just came back home yesterday. We had a blast.

We stayed in the champagne suite. The room was nice and big. Many people wrote its a bit outdated. I don't think its so bad. It probably can use an updating soon. The room was pretty clean except a few small stains on the carpet which is normal. The only thing that surprised me was the mirrors by the bathroom sinks, were not cleaned. They were dusty and dirty The pool inside our room was very clean. There were a couple of small tiles missing that could be replaced and I think they should repaint the pool, as some of the paint started peeling . But don't let these small stuff bother you. The room was still amazingly nice.

The grounds were kept nice and up to date. The activities on the grounds were ok. Maybe can use some updating. They had bicycle riding, miniature golf, archery, volleyball, basketball and more.

The staff were very nice and willing to go out of their way to help you. We came by bus and they had a shuttle pick us up from the bus stop. The driver was really nice.

The entertainment at night was ok. On Sunday night they had an illusionist named John Graham, who was amazing. He was funny and had great tricks. The band was ok. Monday night we did not like the band at all. CXO Aron had a game called the dumbest lover which was very funny.

I do think the prices are a little high but for what you get in your room it makes up for it. I would recommend them doing more promotions and maybe sending out surveys for people who want to volunteer and that stayed there to see how they can improve the place and get more feedback. They can offer raffles for free stays or discounts to people who participate. I do this for another company.

Overall, we would definitely come back when we could and if we can afford it at that time. We did have a great time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark R
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
So happy you had a blast! Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!