“Perfect Honeymoon getaway”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Honeymoon getaway”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We checked in on Sunday, July 27th. The staff at the front are very curteous and helpful!! Our room was absolutely beautiful and clean. The food was great!! plenty to choose from. desserts were amazing!! plenty of activities. They have "tours" off the property with in a few miles of the hotel to visit. first day we went to the house of candles this is an absolute dont miss trip!! the next day we travelled to the local brewery for a tour and taste testing. another cant miss!! The Entertainment is great!! if you would like a nice quiet honeymoon at an affordable price this is place to stay!! Cant wait to go back in the near future!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennci
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Congratulations, lovebirds!!! This is why we love to do what we do! Thank you and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Richmond Hill, ON
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Paradise Stream for my birthday. The resort does not recognize any anniversaries or birthdays even for repeated customers. You need to think and organize everything by yourself for additional cost.
We stayed at Garden of Eden Apple Suite. The room was big, nice and had all amenities. Room was generally clean with a lot of visible dust at the entertainment corners and washroom vents.
The food was good, the waitress were nice and very helpful our accomplishments to Phil, but unfortunately with a very poor selection, no vegetables at all on a breakfast. No a-la-cart dinner serving.
The entertainment including night time fireplace were great, and even the same magician which we saw 6 month ago performed with a new program. We really enjoyed with an indoor pool and jacuzzi, but the outside heated pool we liked mostly on a cloudy day. Great place for social and fun.
We loved our stay and booked already for the next visit.

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple Suite has queen size round bed. For my opinion mattress was to soft.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elena M
Thank you for sharing your photos, Elena M. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Booking your next one is one of the best compliments we can ask for. I apologize for the issues you mentioned and will be speaking to the appropriate departments about them. See you next time.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

we went for honeymoon, we had been there before and we knew what to expect, outdated rooms, bose stereo system that doesn't really work and so so food...
but the decor & food is not what we go for, we go to enjoy each others company, the personal pool and a champagne jacuzzi tub... initially the first night the pool room & water was cold and the jacuzzi water was cold halfway filling it up. the second night the pool room warmed up and was much better but the jacuzzi water never got hot, it was stayed cold & it really sucked... when we finally did make the call to the front desk the reply was, "i'll find Tom and then we never heard from them again." what a disappointment.
we really missed having the breakfast in bed but the food was definitely decent this time...
after we returned home I contacted them and the manager went above and beyond to help make the situation easier to handle... so even though the initial stay wasn't great, and you can't really redo honeymoon- we certainly are going to try!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank psycho67
Thank you so much for spending this very special occasion with us. We are so sorry it was less than perfect. We can't wait until you return to experience Pocono Palace the way it should be experienced. Great photo!

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

derby, ct
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We just came home from a great weekend at Paradise Stream. Great room with Jacuzzi, fireplace and a pool. Loved it.
Want to send out kudos to our dinner server on Saturday night Meena and to the chef. My fiance didn't really like anything on the menu...we asked if there was possibly something else the chef could make. Meena went asked the chef if he would do that and he said yes. My fiance got 2grilled chicken breast with rice and green beans. That was very cool of him to do that.
The only complaint is this..the extremely low toilets. Seriously wondered if they were only for people 4'2" and under. Me being 5'9" u could understand my dilemma. My knees were up to my chest when sitting down. Try to get up from being that close to the floor without any leverage, lets just say not very easy.
Other than that we had a great time the staff was awesome and we will definitely come back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the kudos, kimg713! We'll be sure to share your review with our Team Members. See you next time! <3
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been going to PS for years we tried Cove Haven but liked the staff friendliness better
At PS until this visit. The CXO's in the past were very friendly, Merle was the best. He treated everyone like family didn't matter if it was your 50th time or your first. Wow what a change now! We have never ever been told to that we had to move, but We had been sitting at a table listening to the band when they took a break Aaron asked my husband if he was playing he said no we were just going to watch. Aaron then proceeded to invite the guys to our table and told my husband to move.. Seriously !!! This could have been handled much differently by at the beginning of the night before anything started and he was standing next to us telling a guess that even if he is in a bad mood he has to put on a smile to get through. Aaron could have said we will be playing a game later would you mind moving if you are not going to play until the game is over then you can come back for the band. But no he just said you have to move . We have sat there previously when games were played and they just used the next table where somebody was playing. The next day he was talking to CXO Rachel about it and said I miss Merle so Rachel told him if he missed his buddy that bad then go to another resort where he is. Wow!! Telling a Guest to go somewhere else. Because of the rudeness of these two we did not go to the night club nor did we participate in any activities for our entire stay.We checked out the suites at the Casino because since we don't want to put up with the treatment we got from these two CXO's and now that anyone could pay $25 to use the facilities if we wanted to use the
pool we could just pay the fee.
It is really a shame that these two ruined our stay it had been a very tough year and we needed this vacation.thank goodness for the Casino. Don't get me wrong you have some really great people who could probably do a much better job then Aaron and Rachel because they have been there for awhile and remember that guest service is the most important thing to bring guest back . ( The Disney institute has a training class for companies and it is really worth the money. ) I want people to know that this review is based on the two CXO's and not the rest of the staff. However there are still many other things that have changed that need to changed back but this review is long enough. I doubt that we will be back.. I want a resort for couples.. With anyone being allowed by paying a fee or allowing groups giving it a convention type feel . If I want a hotel and not a resort I will stay at a hotel. Last year we stayed 9 days this year I wanted to leave the 2nd night. We made sure to let those that gave us excellent service know how much we appreciated their kindness and I would name them but I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. The food also needs to be addressed it wouldn't be so bad if you went to diner and didn't see anything you liked you used to be able to get something from the cafe but now they close during the week at 7 and there is no room service afterwards. Don't know about anyone else but I sometimes like a late night snack when I do get to go to the nightclub. I usually do not write bad reviews but I was so floored by our treatment from Aaron and Rachel I just couldn't let it go.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank 7301
I am so sorry to hear this about our CXOs. They genuinely love what they do and they love entertaining our guests. Please know that I will be speaking to them as this is not the way they have been trained. We would love the opportunity to speak to you about this. Please email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good time and number to reach you.
Rocky Point, NY
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay for my fiancés birthday. We checked in and staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept. The lounge, game room and rooms look as if they were last updated in the 80's but it was nice. When we first arrived in the room we were impressed. You never had to leave the room with a heated pool and jacuzzi right there. We went straight to the heated pool and started to relax. We noticed a white film in the pool tiles and when we leaned on the pool tiles, white slime came off and started floating in the pool. There were clumps of it around the whole pool. We quickly jumped out and showered off. When in the shower there was mold and mildew in the tiles. The shower heads had brown film and looked as if they haven't been cleaned in months. The bathroom vent was caked with dust. We went to dinner and we were disappointed with the food. The chicken was dry and the soup was cold. No biggie. We still tried to make the best of it. We headed to the casino and had a great time. When we came back we filled up the jacuzzi tub and relaxed. Once it drained we noticed mold/mildew in the jets. We were so disappointed. We paid a lot if money and expected at least a clean room, if nothing else. We made staff aware and they offered us champagne. We declined. This uncleanliness is expected in a $59 a night room. Not a $300 a night room.

Stayed August 2014
8 Thank Mazzio78
I am very disappointed to read this review and our Housekeeping Manager has already spoken to her team about this. This is not how we trained out team and not the standard that's expected. We are very sorry and would like to speak to you about your stay. Please email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 31, 2014

First, this is a romantic gateway spot for couples only, the room provides all the luxury for you to enjoy your time with a significant other.

Second, the hotel provides all the amenities of a large resort, but it is still a tiny place with limitations.

Third, it is not a luxurious place but it provides a nice spot for one or two nights to get out of town and ignite the love with your partner.

Now, the hotel is attempting to provide an inclusive approach to Poconos gateway. What they are lacking are number of people that visit. We visited on a weekday and my estimate is that there were 24 to 28 couples staying at the entire resort. Weekend may be much more busy.

The hotel provides a free transportation (on call service - which is great) to a nearby, Mount Airy casino which is literally only 5 minute drive. The hotel provides you a phone number to call, and they never miss a beat - pick up at the first or two rings, and the driver is outside within 5 to 10 minutes (may be it was a weekday). We did not try their food only because of not positive reviews.

I do want to mention their amenities. We have stayed at 5 start resorts like (Greenbrier) or 4 star resorts like (Homestead in Hot Springs, VA). They all charge extra for activities. However, Paradise Stream provides you all outside activities (except horse riding) free of cost. We did rowing and archery. They have very nice equipment and it works. However, I do want to mention - that row and paddle boats are in POND not a lake. They can call it whatever they like ocean, bay, water-front, or a lake. But it is a pond. I suggested to the general manager to change the wording of "lake" on the website to a something else. But do not create unexpected expectations.

Now, if you are thinking about using their bikes - forget it. No one does! because they want you to ride in a small parking lot. Really!

They do have a nice spa and a very nice gift shop. They also have a restaurant, night club, theater, comedy club, a bar, and in-door/out-door pool. Nightly entertainment is held there. We enjoyed the comedy show - it was nice. The resort also has a "entertainment host" who does activities and we participated in one the trivia. It was fun. During one of the activities they had snacks and the party held by the resort (which I think is every night).

LASTLY, the hotel is really trying hard to make sure everyone leaves happy. In the lobby they have a nice coffee machine, free popcorn in the game room (where indoor pool is located).

Rooms: We stayed a Diana Suites. The room needs NO improvement. This is their second best suite. I also saw their Champagne Suites. It is old but very nice and extremely large with a sauna. Champagne room also has a heart shape indoor pool. The only problem with the Diana Suite is that there is no seating inside the pool. It has a fireplace which is probably amazing in the winter time. However, we only used the pool for 10 minutes because of this seating problem (how long can you stand), but the jacuzzi (hot tub) is right across from your bed, which is perfect. In a champagne room, the swimming pool is on the main floor (but it has seating unlike Diana Suite room). I like Diana Suite better - my wife like the Champagne room better. Champagne room also has a massage table.

Worse part about the resort - T.V channels (you can order a movie just like any other hotel) but the free channels are very limited they should include HBO or other movie channels free of cost.

Bed was amazing. Staff was great. Entertainment was good. We were there for our 10th anniversary. We will go back there for our 11th. Patty is the general manager and very receptive to concerns.

Room Tip: Ask my wife: Champagne room Ask me: Diana Suite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mwchass
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Happy 10th anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us. See you for the 11th.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!