“Breakfast in Bed - A Disappointment”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Massachusetts
“Breakfast in Bed - A Disappointment”
Reviewed September 6, 2008

We were really looking forward to breakfast in bed and what we got was shocking - a box full of cold and soggy breakfast sandwich and cold water for our tea. What we expected was a nicely laid tray of breakfast goodies. The box delivery and presentation was very mediocre. We were just reminded of fast food meals to go. Overall service was very good but it could be better. The cafe room(Jungle room) could at least provide more meal choices and resonably priced. Everyone on ground was friendly and respectful.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Emerson, New Jersey
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Wonderful place to go to.....We reserved the lowest level room they had due to the high prices, and we were upgraded to Diana's Oasis (pool in the room)........WOW!.....room was beautiful and VERY clean....they give you a coupon for free bubble bath and fire log (very romantic).

Dinner (strip night) was delicious....I have noticed that in PA it is almost impossible to get any kind of red meat rare( I happen to like mine bloody) but they are willing to make you happy here...the only drawback was dining with 3 other couples.....you would think that a couples resort would understand that we would like to be alone, but it wasn't so bad.

The ground are quiet and beautiful, lots to do.

Breakfast in bed: overall was so-so....good coffee and cereal, bad sandwich and muffin.

Overall a great place to go, we're looking forward to our next trip there.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Dining with strangers
2 Thank Kara-and-Gary
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I've been to Caesar's Cove Haven twice now so I knew what to expect as far as decor and service.

The Room:
We stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple room for a special $250/night. It was well worth it. The room has a nice sized living room with a giant heart shaped jacuzzi. The next room (through a giant arch and down 3 steps) is a bedroom with a round bed. the next room (completely closed off with glass walls and a door) is a private 7'x4' (approx) pool with a sauna.

I was worried when I read a review that the pool made the room hot. But that was not the case at all. The pool is kept heated at body temperature, but kept closed off from the rest of the room. The bedroom area did get a little warm - but that was due mostly to the fact that the entire suite's only air conditioner was right next to the jacuzzi. Which means, you need to turn off the AC when you want a nice hot jacuzzi bath - which heats up the suite. And when you want the suite to cool down, the AC is all the way on the other side and takes a while to work by the bed.

The cleaning staff was excellent. We always had a supply of fresh towels when we came back from breakfast. They always tidied up the place as well, much to my embarrassment (because I hate for people think I am messy).

Room Complaints: My only complaint was the mold in the caulking of the hot tub and shower. I understand this place has been in business for 30+ years, but the mold in the shower caulking and around the seal of the outside of the jacuzzi was really disgusting. The surfaces of everything else were spotless - including the insides of the tubs, toilets, and all mirrors. Someone needs to close the suite for a day to rip out the old caulking and apply some new ones.

grounds: This place is much smaller than Cove Haven. The lake is nothing more than a pond. We rented rowboats and pretty much just went in a circle. It take about 90 seconds to row from 1 end of the pond to another. They have free fishing supplies, but alot of the rods had busted reels. They said the fish in the lake were tagged for prizes, but I saw people pulling up fish all day without a tag. Maybe all the tagged ones had been caught?

All rooms are within a very short walk of everything. There is no game room with prizes like at Cove Haven. 75% of the video game machines were out of order - but pool tables, mini golf, ping pong, basketball, archery, horshoes, etc were all free of charge and pretty much always available and unoccupied. That was one thing we prefferred to the much larger Cove Haven - shorter distances and no lines to wait on.

The staff as usual was extremely accomodating and friendly, which is why we keep going back. Sure, the decor is outdated, but the all inclusive breakfast and dinner served by the polite staff is why we always go back.

So, we had a nice, quiet, and relaxing week. We did what we wanted at our own pace, and everyone we met was friendly. Take it at face value. If you want a nice relaxing time away, this is the place. If you want something more hip, then go elsewhere

• Liked — Friendly and Well trained staff
  • Disliked — Broken video games and mold in shower
2 Thank TheLadyJ
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Diana's Oasis. The room was wondeful. I did, however, think the room would be bigger, but it did have everything advertised. There was the heart shaped jacuzzi for two, heated swimming pool, and separate shower for two.

I initially thought the Poconos was just a quiet sanctuary for lovers. I was a little off. Yes, it is a wonderful, quiet place for lovers, but there is so much to do. There was horseback riding, fishing, archery, paddle boats, swimming, contests, snow tubing and so much more. We really should have gone there for our honeymoon! The only thing I didn't enjoy was having to share the dinner table with the other couples for all your meals. I think there should have been another option.

This place was great and I definitely plan to return! Pics coming soon.

• Liked — Internet
  • Disliked — dining with other couples
7 Thank Want_my_opinion
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We've been staying at the Ceasers resorts for 21 yrs. Paradise Stream was our favorite, and we've stayed there 7 times over the years .
We went there for our 41st Anniversary this year and i've finally had it.
The Housekeeping and meals have gone down hill . I dropped ash in our suite on the first day and figured housekeeping would take of it. It was still there the 4th day. Housekeeping has gone from being exellent to poor.
The meals have suffered also, one can really see the cost cutting by the new owners. Staff in dining room has been cut, the wait for anything was very long. Our waters were sullen and forgot to bring things we had ordered. The cuts of meat were definitely not top of the line, vegtables, poorly cooked. The resort has "upgraded" to Starbucks coffee, and one cannot get any other.
The main reason we're done is, over the years, i've become more disabled, and there is not 1 handicapped accessable bathroom in the whole resort. .
In closing , let me say that the prices to stay here have steadaly kept raising, while the the service has not kept up with the rates.
Usually We dont mind the expensive rate because we loved it.
Gift store, drinks and other things have gone through the roof. 6.50 for a fire log, 8.00 for a hot dog.
Mabey we've just outgrown this resort, but usually we leave there happy and satisfied. This time, however, we did not

• Liked — The Entertainment
  • Disliked — No Handicapped accessable anything!!!
1 Thank Shirley V

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Toledo, OH
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My husband surprised me for our anniversary & booked us at Paradise Stream from 7/20 - 7/23. We were in the Diana's Oasis Suite. We had a great fun & relaxing time! All of the staff were very nice & helpful. We didn't have any complaints about any of the meals either. A couple of others didn't like the dinners they ordered and simply told our waiter and chose another entree with no problem. There was a good choice of desserts each night as well we thought. We were a bit skeptical because you are seated at breakfast & dinner with 3 other couples. So it did start out a bit awkward at some of the meals when nobody wanted to talk - but then after the usual first few minutes of introductions, etc. we always ended up having a nice chat at each meal with the other couples. We also ordered breakfast in the room a couple of the days and it's a lighter menu of course but we had no complaints about that either. We went to breakfast at the main dining area one morning and there was plenty of options & plenty of food!
They have a good variety of activities that you can get involved with both onsite and off-site as well. We participated in a few of the events & had a great time. We went horseback riding twice at the stables right next to the property - it's close enough to just walk over to the stables. The guides were very nice & when you book your riding time mention that you are at the resort next door & you get a bit of a discount as well. You ride for about 45 minutes.
We also had a couples in-room massage. The company that they book it thru was very accomodating when we had to switch times & the two individuals that they sent were awesome.
They have a nice indoor arcade w/a bar area and small cafe as well with pool tables, air hockey, ping pong, indoor pool w/2 hot tubs, etc.
Since my husband booked it he assumed the all inclusive was completely all inclusive. We had just went to a resort in mexico earlier in July in which everything was definitely included - meals, snacks, all alcohol, 24/7, etc. So he didn't think to check that first here when booking. But I did notice a few others making mention of it. So we did find that lunch was not included and alcoholic beverages are not included. At breakfast and dinner you can get your pop or coffee at no charge. Any other time you pay. The beers were I believe 5.50 and I ordered just a coke the one night at the lounge and it was $4 for a simple glass of coke. There is a small fridge in the rooms so we did go and get a few things to keep in our fridge there - and you can take your own items down to the pool as well.
The room was very nice, shower and bathroom was nice and big I thought, the pool in the room was a cool surprise w/the fireplace - really small - but no big deal.
The one thing in the room that was definitely not to either of our liking was the bed. Not only was it hard as a rock and super uncomfortable - but the sheets did not fit properly on the round bed! So they kept sliding every which way and half off the bed in the middle of the night so it was uncomfortable and frustrating.

Mt. Airy Casino is only a few minutes up the road from the resort. The resort offers free shuttle service to anywhere nearby or in town 24 hours a day. So we had the shuttle take us there for a couple of hours one night. The casino was smaller than some we've been to but it was really nice - just opened I believe they said late last year.

Overall we had a really fun & relaxing time. It was great to get away alone for a few days & have nothing scheduled & had the options of doing things alone or doing the different scheduled events at the resort or go along on one of their excursions.

The only main things I think the resort should work on is lowering the prices on some of their alcohol beverages (a couple of the drinks we got were $9 and wasn't worth it), or including lunch to offset some of the drink prices maybe. For the price that you pay for the rooms they could throw lunch in there I would think!
And they most definitely need to work on getting some comfortable bedding!

• Liked — The romantic themes everywhere we went making it feel like a 2nd honeymoon
  • Disliked — The very uncomfortable bed!
4 Thank daisytoledo
York PA
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband took me to Paradise Stream Resort for our honeymoon...we will never go back again! The "resort" looked like a campground. The people there were some of the rudest people I've ever met. We didnt like the food they offered so we decided to go somewhere else and find something to eat. The people at the front desk werent willing to help us at all. We had to go to a gas station and ask. We never did find anywhere to eat accept KFC, Burger King and Mc Donalds even after driving for a total of 3 1/2 hours. We got the honeymoon package and there was supposed to be complimentary champagne sent to the room the night we arrived, the honeymoon concierge said he "didnt have time" to send it so he sent it the next night, after we complained. Another part of the honeymoon package was a 15 minute carriage ride. That would have been romantic and enjoyable if the drivers wouldnt have talked to us the entire time. My husband and I didnt say 2 words to each other the whole ride. The photographer they had on site wasnt very likable either. He took us along with 2 other couples and took about 5 pictures of each couple and we were all done within 5 minutes. The bed in the room was so hard that neither of us slept the whole time we were there. We definitely did not get what we thought we were getting by looking at the website. We will not recommend going to the Poconos to anyone. I was so upset I cried to come home after 1 night. It was the most miserable vacation I've ever taken.

• Disliked — everything
5 Thank amyd9982
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!