“Pleasantly surprising, all around enjoyable, totally fun and relaxing”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Glen Oaks, New York
“Pleasantly surprising, all around enjoyable, totally fun and relaxing”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Came across this resort while researching places to stay for a brief snowboarding trip in mid January. Decided on Paradise Stream because my GF and i had never stayed at any place that was a) couples only, and b) all inclusive, and c) every room has a jacuzzi and fireplace which is a MUST for a winter vacation. While the online reviews and pictures seemed at times cheesy and a little negative, i am happy to say that our entire experience was relaxing, exciting, and quite fun. Upon arrival we received a free upgrade to a pool room (we originally booked a basic jacuzzi suite) which was very cool- until we actually saw the room- at which point things became awesome. Sure, it sounds questionable to have a small pool in your room, but upon experiencing the real thing we absolutely fell in love with it. Our dinner the first night was filling and hearty (we cheated on our new years diets) and the wait staff were extremely friendly and prompt. The nights entertainment were a bit of a throwback (it was mid week so the bigger, better name entertainment wasn't until the weekend) but all around fun. We didn't take advantage of all of the activities the resort had to offer (since we were out most of the day and it was winter so everything was an indoor activity) but the activities listing for each day was filled with fun couples events. After we left all we could talk about was how relaxing and enjoyable the experience was and how it would be fun to come back during the summer (it seems like there are a ton of outdoor activities) with other couples we know. We are already talking about going back and i've bragged about the trip to all of our friends (everyone couldn't believe us about the pool in the room, until we showed them the pictures, and EVERYBODY was amazed at how beautiful everything was). We will definitely be going back!

3 Thank Tim L
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
'Relaxing, exciting, and quite fun," is what we love to hear! Thanks Tim L!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My stay began Friday Jan 3 to Feb 2 in the middle of winter. We arrived early at 11 am and they already had our room ready. We originally reserved the Diana Oasis but qualified for a free upgrade to the Garden of Eden's Apple which is bigger. At 1pm they had a tour of all the rooms so you could decided if you wanted to upgrade. I was happy with our new Apple room. The Apple rooms have no windows which provides you the up most privacy and makes you lose track of time. I was very impressed with the ample space in room. I read many of the reviews can could not understand any of the complaints I read from some people. (Please note, if you are going to review the resort, please put the name of the room you decided to stay in as they are not all the same.)

When we entered the room, it was a bit stuffy and you could smell smoke. We had made sure we had a non-smoking room since my boyfriend is allergic to cigarette smoke. We discovered the previous people left the heat on at 87 degrees and the smoke smell came from the fireplace. (Note:all rooms have a fireplaces, you will smell the smoke. That's one of the reason people go here, for the private fireplaces.) Luckily the smell did not bother him. We left the door open to get some fresh air in to circulate the room and lowered the heat. Problem solved.

The Jacuzzi and private pool were heavenly. The bathroom was big and had a separate door for the toilet. There were light switches everywhere, and I mean everywhere, so there is ample lighting. The shower stall in this room only fits one person, so if you want to do something else than shower, use the pool or Jacuzzi. They have a walk in closet and a personal fridge in the bathroom area. They had two flat screen tv's for those of you who actually find time to watch tv. (We didn't come here to watch tv.) The bed takes a bit of getting used to since ours was round.

I spent a good time in our private pool. The water is always warm and it is about 4 feet deep. We never used the sauna. It really only holds one person comfortably but I don't care for saunas. My boyfriend loved the Jacuzzi. Be careful though, you can adjust some of the spray nozzle and when getting out, it might start to spray outside the tub. (Another note: remember to place the floor towels outside each wet area as the entire room is rugged except for a small tile area.)

We did participate in some of the activities. Friday they had snowmobiling. (Please remember, this in not a ski resort or a club resort, so don't expect major activities.) We arrived promptly at 1 pm when it started and brought or own helmets even though they provide them. We have bluetooth helmets and can talk to each which made our hour ride fun. You do go in a circle on the baseball field but this is suppose to only be a fun activity, not a sports rally. If you are a die hard sports fanatic, you are in the wrong place. We were there with another older couple who were trying out the sport. It gave them a chance to ride without feeling intimidated or scared. When we finished our ride, the attendant offered us hot chocolate.

My boyfriend and horses don't mix so we didn't go horse back riding or on the horse and carriage. You did see them around on occasions. They do have a game room with bar and grill and you can play pool table, ping pong, racquetball, air hockey, and video games. The big pool and two jacuzzis are also located here and are open 24 hours a day. I was delighted to know that they have a handicap accessible pool. Great to know they think of everyone. We played with giant dominoes the size of your hand, played pool and ping pong and ate lunch at the grill. Breakfast and dinner is included in your stay but you have to pay your own lunch. We each ordered burgers and they were about $8 each, what you would typically find in a restaurant. Our orders included home made potato chips and pickles.

Dinner was a lovely event (5:30 pm-8pm). Here in Paradise Stream they did away with the community seating and only have couple dining. They can accommodate for more people if you want. Friday was international buffet, which I loved. They had a soup station which I thought was amazing. You choose your broth and then add what you want to it (rice, noodles, chicken, dumplings, vegetables). They had jerked chicken and rice, tortellini, penne in vodka sauce, beef brisket, turkey, fish in crab sauce, salad, glazed carrots, corn kernels, seafood salad, and pasta salad. Dessert was strawberry shortcake, cannolli, and baklava. Boy do they add a lot of whipped cream on it. They asked if we wanted to purchase any drinks but we don't drink. The drinks are about $8 each, the price you would find in any restaurant. Saturday was Strip Night and the wait staff caters to your order. We ordered strip steak but you can also have chicken and fish. Side was either baked potato, green beans, or cream of spinach. There was soup and salad. I loved my lobster bisque. Dessert was strawberry shortcake, cheesecake, chocolate explosion, or make your own ice cream sundae. The food is all you can eat, and you can try all the food that you want. If you didn't like the steak, then have the chicken. I don't understand picky eaters. If you didn't like it, tell them and they will go out of their way to accommodate you. The waiters were always there to please you and made sure you were satisfied with your food. (Note three: smile at the wait staff, it goes a long way. It is very hard for them to please everyone but if you smile and thank them for their services, they will bend bend backwards to make sure you are happy.)

Breakfast was buffet style with the option to have something especially made for you if it was not at the buffet (8am to 11am). They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruits, yogurt, granola, waffle, french toast, bagels, english muffins, toast with jelly, oatmeal, and home fries. I heard a couple order pancakes and they brought it out for them. Again, all you can eat, so eat hearty and you won't be hungry until dinner.

We did go to the lounge where they had a dj that would play your request, a live band, and a comedian. The dj club hour is catered for everyone. They would play country, 80's music, today's music. Don't expect the NY club scene, you can go to NY for that. The live band was the Philadelphia Funk Authority. I loved the atmosphere. There was a 70 year old couple dancing the night away to their funky music. It was beautiful. I hope my partner and I can enjoy each other that way when we get that age. The comedian was funny and I was sorry to see him go so soon. (Time flies when you are laughing hard.)

The rest of our time we spent in our room in each others arms and reconnecting.

Tips to make your stay better:
If your are going in the winter, make sure to be dressed for winter.
In the winter, expect to stay more indoors.
If you are a drinker, bring your own alcohol to your room.
Bring your own bubbles and soap pedals for your Jacuzzi.
Bring cd's if you plan to use the Bose system. If not bring your own music and portable mini speaker.
Bring snacks to munch on in your room.
Bring sneakers, dress shoes and boots if you plan to walk the trails.
Leave the door open a while in the beginning to ventilate the air as there is a lot of humidity which can have the room smell a bit stuffy.
Arrive early and you won't be disappointed about waiting.

All in all, we had a wonderful time. The staff was great, the place well kept, the food was what I expected. For those who expect a five star resort, if you wanted five stars, you should have gone to the Carribeans and paid five stars. This place is just what I needed, close to home and reasonably priced. My boyfriend is a forever lover and has now been to all three resorts and like this one the best. He told me he brought me here for a weekend without the kids, to be with me and would just be happy to stay in our rooms and hold me all day. And that's why I love him.

Room Tip: The higher the price, the more space and amenities you will get for your room. The champagne towers...
8 Thank NJ_Mami_9
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Great headline, NJ_Mami_9! Thank you for the thorough review and the photos.
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were there last weekend and it was definitely not worth paying full price like we did. We stayed at the champagne tower room and it was very nice. I'd liked one of the remodeled rooms, but we didn't get one and we really don't like to complaint unless we find something wrong.
Room was clean and very entertaining. Loved the pool and the whole ambiance of the room. This place is called an all inclusive resort, but there's not much going on in the winter. They have snowmobiles and that's about it. Casino is very near by and the shuttle from the resort was very convenient.
Food was 7 out of 10...nothing impressive, nothing horrible. We kept reading reviews on how bad the food was and it's a bunch of nonsense, unless you're expecting Peter Luger steaks. Service was great for the most part.
Overall this place is a very nice place to spend time with a special person, but DEFINITELY not worth the closed to $900 we spent just to stay there. Drinks, fire logs, silly souvenirs, and lunch adds up to more. I will look for a deal for me to go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nevelate
Be sure to sign up for our emails for the latest special offers, Nevelate.
Manorville, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We purchased a Living Social deal and stayed at Garden of Eden.
Pros:
Staff was wonderful
Entertainment was great
Food was good
Cons:
Buildings in need of repair
Rooms need upgrading(new furniture, rugs bathrooms)
Heart tub had mold
This was something I always wanted to do. Would never go again. It was like going back into the 80's, which I expected, but kind of gross.

4 Thank Susan S
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We are very sorry to hear you won't be returning, Susan S. We would like to check out the suite you mentioned - please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Such a complete waste of money. My love and I went there expecting q lovely romantic get away; not the case at all. The room was musty and looked outdated. The private pool had things floating around in it. There were no onsite inclusive activities. Prior to arriving my love called to confirm we could do snow mobiling during our stay. They assured us that it was up and running and we can ride soon as we get there. Upon arrival when we asked for it they stated oh we only do it some weekends. That is false advertisement. We specifically told them we are arriving Thursday can we ride and they said yes. Instead they make you follow some random car driving far offsite to pay for an activity such as gun range or horseback riding. Then the game room onsite is so dated and old. You have to pay for all the games. Only thing free is the old dirty pool tables and ping pong tables. Then they have a basketball hoop in the middle of lifting equipment do you have no space to even play. You have to pay for everything once you get there games, activities, and drinks. The only thing included is the gross food which you have to end up ordering out anyway because it was so bad. The food is the worst thing ive ever eaten. It taste like cheap bad frozen food that was reheated. My man got a beef brisket they served it with chunks of fat all around it. The food was just not good at all completely below standard. We felt sick after every meal. Then our server was disgusting. She coughed in her hand and then continued to finish serving our food. We ended up having to pay to order food for the duration of our stay. Worst place ever. Shouldnt even be considered an all inclusive resort. Its more like an over priced Motel. Definitely seems like its going out of business.

Room Tip: the best room is at another resort
1 Thank rani l
I am very upset your experience was not perfect. We regret that Paradise Stream was not to your liking. We strive to provide a unique and fun experience for all of our guests. We would be happy to speak to you about your stay - please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We purchased a living social deal and stayed in RM 508 at Diana's Oasis. Upon checking in I asked the front desk assistant to PMS send over wine glasses and a wine bottle opener. It took literally an hour and they were not at all busy from what it looked like. Upon entering our room, the first thing we noticed was our comforter had pulls and yellowish spots. Dinner was terrible. The Alfredo sauce was too thick and heavy. Also the dirty martini had frozen olives!! Next on to the pool....dead brown ants in the corner of the pool and the mirrors around the pool should be spotless, bit I am saddened to say they definitely were not "Windexed" for quite some time. The pool cover even had dead ants on it. We both were not happy w/our stay and didn't stay for breakfast. I am very disappointed and will not recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank melbren1980
melbren1980, we would appreciate the opportunity to address these issues with you. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com. In the meantime, I will be discussing your review with our Managers. We take your feedback very seriously.
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I bought a LivingSocial deal and stayed here this past Friday and Saturday night for our first wedding anniversary. We stayed at Cove Haven for our honeymoon last year, which we enjoyed so much that we decided to check out Paradise Stream for our anniversary, as it was somewhat closer to home, and because of the aforementioned LivingSocial deal, although as we ended up going with a room that was more expensive than the one advertised in the headline of the deal, I'm not really sure we ended up saving money (we paid over $700 total with taxes and gratuity for a two-night stay in a Diana's Oasis room.)

As I said, we stayed at Cove Haven last year for our honeymoon, which we were favorably impressed with. They upgraded us upon arrival because it was our honeymoon, and we expected them to do so for this stay as well, as we had read in several reviews on here that people had been upgraded for wedding anniversaries. We especially assumed this would be true since we had stayed at Cove Haven for our honeymoon, but this did not happen. When we told them at the front desk that it was our first wedding anniversary they made no acknowledgement of the occasion, which was somewhat disappointing. We were happy with our room upon entering it though, so we decided not to make a big deal out of it.

The room was obviously recently upgraded and renovated, as everything in it looked new and clean, whereas some of the fixtures and furnishings in the room we previously stayed at Cove Haven had been nice, but somewhat dated and worn. The first complaint we had however was the heating system. The room was boiling hot upon arrival, and no amount of fiddling with the radiator elicited an acceptable temperature in the room, so we ended up shutting it off and utilizing the heater in the bathroom for the rest of our stay, as it kept the room at a more tolerable temperature.

The room was as I said clean and new-looking, with a nice clean pool and heart-shaped jacuzzi. The rugs were clean and the room didn't have any discernible smell, as opposed to what some other people have said of the rooms that feature the private pools. The bathroom was clean and the two-person shower had amazing water pressure, which we thoroughly enjoyed. My only complaint about the bathroom was the towels - they were incredibly rough and almost painfully abrasive. The room itself was on the small side which is kind of hard to tell in the pictures online, but not so small that it was really a problem.

My major complaint and the reason why I am giving our stay three out of five was the food. I recently recommended Cove Haven to a friend of mine, who then booked a stay for a week based on my recommendation, which was that it might seem a bit expensive, but the food makes the price worth it. At Cove Haven, where stayed for three nights, we had a delicious, freshly-prepared dinner every evening, which was served to us at our tables. Breakfast was the same, with a variety of options to choose from, all freshly-prepared and and served to us by friendly, helpful waitstaff. At Paradise Stream, there was a buffet on Friday night, which featured bland, lukewarm meats and pastas, wilted, soggy salad, and overcooked fish. My waiter never even asked me if I wanted a drink with dinner (the servers have to go to the bar in the club area for alcoholic beverages, so I understand that they probably don't enjoy all the running around, but many people like to have wine with dinner...) The dessert was equally awful. My husband had a hard, clearly old piece of cheesecake, and I had a freezing cold hard as a rock chocolate eclair. We heard a fellow diner complain to the waitstaff about similar problems with the apple pie.

Breakfast the next day was also a buffet, which was just as disappointing. The food was bland, cold, and in some cases, inedible. I enjoyed the fresh fruit, and the scrambled eggs were fine, but everything else was a let down. Dinner that night was Strip Night, and my husband enjoyed his New York Strip steak with sauteed mushrooms which was cooked well, but my vegetarian option, pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli, was bland and oily, and I barely ate half of it. We enjoyed the ice cream bar and brownie sundae for dessert. The breakfast buffet on Sunday morning was much better than that of the previous day; everything was hot, fresh, and tasty. If only the food had been that good the rest of the time we were there we would have been much happier. My major complaint is that we paid just as much for our stay here as we did at Cove Haven, where we served made-to-order freshly-prepared food from a variety of options, yet at Paradise Stream you're made to serve yourself, the food is sub-par, and who knows how long it's been sitting around under those heat lamps. If they want to cut corners and save money with buffets, they should charge less money for the stay. We were charged the same amount for getting less.

The entertainment was not really our style (dance/pop bands, like you'd see at weddings), although they were talented and I could see that other people enjoyed the music. The comedian the second night was funny (we saw him last year at Cove Haven, and he was just as hilarious this time around.) There wasn't much to do during the day, although we didn't really go for the activities; it still would have been nice if there had been more going on during the day if we had been looking for things to do. It snowed on Saturday and they cancelled the carriage rides, which was a disappointment. The pay-to-play game room is small and antiquated, with games I recognized from the 90s. At Cove Haven they have indoor ice-skating and roller-skating; here there were racquetball courts and a workout room, neither of which interested us. The CXO was friendly and engaging, but we weren't interested in most of the activities that were offered (we skipped the ring-toss and darts tournaments but did the football toss.)

Taking everything into consideration, our stay was just not worth the money that we paid, and we would not return to Paradise Stream. If changes in pricing were made to reflect the reduction in services and amenities such as the fact that dinner and breakfast are often buffets instead of full-service dining, we might consider it, although I would much rather the property offer the latter, as the buffets themselves were not up to standard. We did like and enjoy our room and its amenities, but it just wasn't worth the $700+ price tag we paid.

3 Thank DaniGrrl82
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Happy anniversary, newlyweds! Thank you for staying with us for these special occasions! Please note that we try to offer suite upgrades to our Forever Lovers and wedding guests when they are available. We are very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't 100% perfect and I will be sharing your comments with our Chef. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back at Cove Haven.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!