“Land Of Love”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Land Of Love”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Cove Haven Resorts are a mountain resort all of it's own. It was the best choice to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary/7 years together. We chose Paradise Stream out of the 3 possible resort destinations. We chose to stay at Pocono Palace last year. The room we picked was the Champagne Tower Suite. This is the most beautiful room to stay at on the property. Anyways, what made our trip so great were the individuals that worked there. The first person that stood out from the rest was our waiter Nick. He was a very high class young man with skill and talent that no one else there could compare to. We always requested his services for every meal. He did not disappoint. Very friendly and professional. The second person that stood out from the rest was the guest services representative Julie. She was very friendly and always made us laugh. We connected very well with her and her personality was second to none. She was very helping and understanding with all of our needs and requests. She always had a smile on her face, and she always had no problem placing one on ours. The third and final person that stood out from the rest was our CXO Aaron. We were so lucky to have booked just at the right time when he was the host and event planner and organizer. He gave us our tour of the entire resort, planned fun and entertaining activities, and booked the best live entertainment for this time of the year. He always made everyone laugh, and helped make everyone feel very comfortable and accepting at an adults only resort. If he was not the CXO at the time of our visit, I guarantee you that we would not have had as half the amount of fun as we did with him being there. The best rates to go here are booking in October and booking between October and December. And, whats really great, is if you book and a better rate is offered through email, they will honor that price, and you will save even more. This is a great destination for those of you who are looking to relight your fire in your life with your husband or wife. It is also a great destination for a honeymoon, anniversary, or surprise birthday gift. The food was excellent, the activities were excellent, the room was excellent, and the staff were excellent. The improvements that could be made are the following: First, lunch should be included with the total cost of the stay. Second, non-alcoholic beverages should be available for free throughout the entire stay and be included with the total cost of the stay. Third, the arcade game fees should be included with the total cost of the stay. Other than that, it was a great experience and I expect to be back soon. Our next planned trip is to go to the original resort, Cove Haven.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jake C
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Happy 2 year wedding anniversary Jake C! Thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and suggestions. I have already shared them with our Team. See you next time at Cove Haven.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a mini honeymoon, with plans to take a bigger trip later on. We stayed in the garden of eden apple suite. The decor is really old in all of the buildings and has a major 70s feel to it. There were mysterious stains on the couch and chair to the point that I wouldn't sit on them. The pool, whirlpool bath and sauna were nice to have. We used the whirlpool bath and I had taken my socks off for the first time all day and when I was in the tub, I looked down and saw that the bottoms of my feet were black. I looked at the carpet and saw that it was really quite filthy. The first night dinner was okay, nothing to get excited about. We ate breakfast there the second day and I came down with food poisoning afterwards. We didn't eat there again after that. Because of the weird layout of the room, during one of my multiple trips to the bathroom, I smacked my face off of the doorway and wound up with a fat lip. I would never stay here again.

4 Thank Michelle M
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Michelle M! Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us. I'm very disappointed to hear about the carpet in your suite. This is not usually the case and I'd like to have my housekeeping team check on it. Please consider emailing me with the details of your stay - PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Let me start of my saying this was our tenth trip to Paradise Stream and we have never been disappointed by any of our visits. Until this time...
I made our reservations in September and requested a certain room. Rob, our "vacation specialist" assured me we would have the room requested. We got to Paradise Stream, and no one knew anything about our requested room. Our room was not ready and we were told we would be called when the room was ready. We received a call about 20 minutes later and went to pick up our keys. Wouldn't you know it, the wrong room was ready. After about one hour, the correct room was ready. To compensate, they gave us a passion package that included coupons for a free fire log, bubble bath and champagne. We both remembered the day that Forever Lovers used to get all of that with their rooms anyway.

Onto the room, the furniture was in a sad state. The couch had about a three inch rip on the back and the foam was exposed. The table had a cigarette burn larger than a quarter. The toilet seat had black marks all over it and looked to be really old. The room had only 2 towels by the pool, none by the tub.

Dinner on Friday was an International Buffet. We both enjoyed it more than Fat Paulie's Italian Night and thought it was an improvement. Saturday's meal and entertainment were enjoyable. Sunday the meal was completely inedible. We ordered Steak Oscar and what we got was leather and burnt potatoes that were cold. The other options did not appeal to us so we ended up going to Taco Bell. This was really sad to me. They no longer carry their signature Steak Sauce. They no longer provide Champagne on Saturday morning. The biggest disappointment was that breakfast is only offered in your room on Saturday and Sunday morning. Monday when we left, we could not even get juice brought to our room.

It is sad to see such a great place really going downhill. We still made the best of it and had fun- but I am now looking for better bang for our buck;. Sorry Paradise Stream- you let us down.

Room Tip: We brought our own coffee and coffee pot to the room.
6 Thank cggoodenough
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback cggoodenough. Thank you so much for 10 visits to Paradise Stream and we are sorry to hear this one didn't meet the expectations you've come to know. Your words help us to improve our service. I hope you return to see our improvements.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at Paradise Stream Resort; it was our first time there and our first time at any of the Cove Haven Resorts. Now, before I start on my review I want to make clear that we had read past reviews on Trip Advisor (good & bad) and decided to take a chance anyway. It has been over 10 yrs since we had even been to the Poconos so we thought choosing a place like Paradise Stream would be a good fit since it wasn't too far away ( in case we needed to bolt back home for a child emergency) and was still close to shopping as well as touristy Pocono stuff ( like the candle shops, antiques, etc.).

First off, if you are expecting a weekend at the Ritz or some 5-star spa hotel with all of the latest ammenities, etc. this is not for you. If you are looking to go away and spend time with your significant other and get away from the kids, everyday life and are looking for a place that is nice, clean and has some 'retro' type features to chill and have fun... then maybe this will fit the bill. We had originally booked the Diana's Oasis room mainly because it had both a hot tub and in-room pool. What we didn't realize was that the fireplace ( which is something else we really wanted) was located in the same room as the pool ( kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion and would be something that I'd probably look to change in future renovations). When we arrived for check-in, Eunice, informed us that our room was being upgraded to a Garden of Eden Apple Suite. We also learned that with the upgrade we would now have a fireplace away from the pool, area and in our actual bedroom ( bonus!!!!). To be honest, from the outside the buildings look questionable and you start to think 'how are these rooms even configured'? But once we got inside we were suprised at how much room we actually had. I have no complaints about the condition of our room. Everything was clean; I saw no mold anywhere. The bed was awesome....very comfy and the duvet was heavenly! Shortly after our arrival a welcome basket that my husband ordered arrived which included a fire log, champagne on ice with glasses, a photo memory book and bubble bath for the hot tub....very cute.

The things we had to get used to were: 1) There were no windows in our suite; which is good for the romantic aspect, but bad if you're obsessed with knowing what the weather is like outside. 2) No clocks in the suite. Not having a clock radio really wasn't a big deal to us because really, you're on a mini-vacation what do you need a clock for. But in terms of knowing what time it was ( in case you wanted to make it to a show or dinner, etc.) it would have been helpful. I ended up eventually downloading a clock app onto my tablet just so we'd have some sort of time keeping device. 3) No Wi-Fi access in the rooms ( only in the main building and restaurant). We were told by the staff that this is something that is being worked on ( along with coffee makers in the rooms) and again, not a huge deal...you are at this resort to connect with the other person and unplugging from technology is part of that, but it's just another feature that I think would help. 4) Rough towels-the shower was awesome but PLEASE look into getting better towels for your guests. For what guests are paying for the rooms, the towels could be better and softer!

Part of the reason we chose PS was because of the all-inclusive deal with the rooms and food. When we arrived on Friday we checked out the buffet in the restaurant. Honestly, the food on Friday night was 'ok'. Again, not 5-star quality; it was good but it seemed like everything was thrown together. I know that Friday is like the International buffet, but I think more thought could have been put in it. Like, they had turkey and flank steak at the carving station. The flank steak was not really seasoned....very bland and seemed overcooked. The turkey was good, but if you're serving turkey you should consider serving potatoes or stuffing with it....especially since you had gravy.Not bad food at all....I'd say average.....but it could be better. For us, breakfast was the best part. We chose to start off our morning by having the boxed breakfast ( known as 'The Quicky') sent down to our room. It was great...2 panini type breakfast sandwiches, 2 coffees, 2 Ojs....perfect! After we got ourselves together for the day we headed down to the breakfast buffet where we met our new favorite waiter, Kamal. I cannot say enough good things about this guy. You want to talk about service, I think the whole wait staff should take a lesson from this guy! He was not only on top of it when it came to refilling coffee ( which, on a side note, is really good!) and juice but just provided exceptional service overall. We loved him so much that we requested to be in his section for dinner later that night and breakfast the next morning. The breakfast buffet was really good.....typical hot breakfast stuff....scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, sausages, etc. On Saturday morning we had the option of ordering pancakes or an omlette as well. On Sunday morning they had an omlette station set up, which was really great and you could order pancakes from the kitchen if you liked. For dinner on Saturday night they had Strip Night which is basically a 4-course steak dinner. I will say that my husband chose the better soup ( crab bisque) than I had ( french onion...not hearty enough for my taste), but other than that the salad, steak, sides and dessert were excellent; a much better dinner experience than the previous night. My only suggestion to the kitchen, other than get a new french onion soup recipe or don't offer it at all, would be to provide fresh, warm dinner rolls on the table during dinner. There's nothing worse than getting what looks like a basket of fresh warm rolls and find out they they are cold and boring.

The nightly entertainment was really fun. On Friday night, The Byrd Pressley Band was playing and they were awesome. They were followed by a comic ( who I can't remember his name) who was hilarious and then they played afterwards too. Our cocktail waittress was awesome and made sure we always had a drink in hand. I loved the nightly selections; Friday had different Martini's and Saturday had different mixed drinks. Saturday night they had the Poconos Tonight Show Band ( another awesome band) followed by comedian Joe Mulligan ( another hilarious guy) and then more music. They even had a tarot card reader, Cassandra, out in the lobby prior to the show to do readings. We decided to do a couples reading and if what she read in the cards comes true, I'll post a follow-up to this review. lol

The thing is, despite the decor, when you go to Paradise Steam it's all about what you make of your time there. Was the furniture a bit outdated? Yes. Were the TVs old? Yes. Did you have wi-fi in the rooms? No. Did you still have fun? For us, the answer was yes. We loved our time there so much that we wished we had booked an additonal day.And we're hoping to go back if not in another 3 months, then definitely for our anniversary next year.

My suggestions to the management/owners would be to put some $ into updating especially the decor. The resort definitely borders on the kitschy-cool line, but just a little sparkle could add soooo much to the value of this place. From a money making perspective, I think if you did that you'd definitely get more people booking. Another suggestion would be to include the Welcome Basket with the cost of the room instead of an add on. Because let's be honest, the cost of the rooms alone should be enough to justify including a welcome basket with the items that we received for the weekend ( bubble bath, fire log, champagne).Also, work on the menu. Breakfast is awesome...but dinner could use some help.

All in all we had a great time and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a fireplace in it as well as a pool and hot tub, go with the Garden of Eden...
4 Thank ChynnaDoIl
Happy 10th anniversary ChynnaDoll! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and thank you for your suggestions. Happy to hear you'll be back. See you next time.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I want to start with the good as I think its an injustice to not give the staff the credit they are due at this "resort", they are courteous, friendly and definitely aim to please.

Unfortunately there ends all the good I can say about this resort. My husband and I were totally expecting the 80's kitsch of a Poconos resort for couples with champagne glass tubs, we were not expecting to pay the amount of money this establishment charges for rundown facilities and subpar services.
The room was dirty, moldy, any painting or repairs done to the room were absolutely shoddy. Furniture was decades old, stained, and riddled with cigarette burns. There was a ridiculous black mold issue, which I can understand to an extent due to the indoor private pools but not for a hotel that charges over $700 for two nights.

The food was inedible, so much so we didn't bother to eat there after the first nights dinner.

The round beds are uncomfortable and the bed linens were ripped. Everyone in the dining area seemed to have that same "ohh man we paid for this crap" look of resignation about them.

We made the best of it and had fun but that can in no way be attributed to the resort at all.

Do yourself a favor and stay at Mt. Airy instead.

4 Thank Julia B
Thank you for your kind comments about our Team Members. We take great pride in our customer service. We'd like the opportunity to speak to you about your stay and check out your suite. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 4th anniversary at Paradise Stream and we had a blast!
We stayed in a champagne tower room, and were delighted by how clean the room was when we checked in. There were some mixed reviews on that subject here on Trip Advisor, so that was my main concern. We were very happy with our room. We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. Thanks to Audrey and Donna at the front desk for being so helpful during our stay! We stayed during the week at an off season time so the crowd was thin for the three days we were there, but they still provided entertainment before and after dinner each night. We loved having the schedule of events for the day, though we didn't ever leave the room before the cocktail hour. The evening entertainment was fun, whether it was actually good (on Wednesday night) or pretty bad (on Thursday night) we enjoyed both ends of the spectrum, just being there together and experiencing it was what it was about. The activities were also fun, so I recommend trying them! We enjoyed a wine tasting in the lounge and we had a lot of laughs playing the Newlywed Game with Aaron. The food was average, not 5 star dining, so don't expect that, but I enjoyed everything I ordered. Hiring a new chef to really make the food shine is one of the only ways I can suggest that Paradise Stream could be better. Paradise Stream provides the perfect environment for you to be together as a couple, you can be alone together, socialize with others, have food, drinks and laughs. That's what it's all about and Paradise Stream does what it's supposed to do!

PS- Get your pictures taken by the photographers! So fun.

Room Tip: Champagne Towers are the best!
2 Thank JessicaPulse
The headline says it all! Thank you for spending your anniversary with us!
Spotswood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This made our 4th visit here, first two times were great, even dinner was great, however the last time we stayed the steak at the dinner was not too good, I figured i'd have chicken this time as I enjoyed it the first two stays. First issue, ordered the French onion soup, it had no onions in it, I advised the waiter he gave me an odd look and said he would grab another bowl, brought me a new bowl, they chopped up some raw onion and put it in the soup. Chicken was dry, and bread was stale. The resort itself is good, however I don't know who's idea it was to start playing Christmas music after the comedian this night, the bar started emptying out so fast. Would have been more enjoyable for people to continue dancing.

4 Thank Mark L
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Officially Forever Lovers! Welcome to the family. Thank you for your feedback on dinner and the entertainment. I will be sharing your review with our Chef and our entertainment consultant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,144 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!