“A beautiful memory relived”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Erie, Pennsylvania
“A beautiful memory relived”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful week's stay in the Towers at Paradise Stream. My husband and I went to Paradise Stream for our honeymoon 40 years ago and decided to relive the fond memories that we had of this resort by coming back for our 40th anniversary. Upon checking in we were surprised to hear that the mgt staff of the resort was giving us an upgrade from the Garden Apple Suite to the Champagne Towers. After getting settled we were greeted at the door by an employee who presented us with a lovely basket and bottle of champagne!!! Words cannot express our stay - the food and staff were wonderful -- the room allowed me and my husband to not only become lovers again but relax and enjoy our week's vacation. The grounds had many activities in which we could partake including a lovely trail that allowed us to walk in the beautiful woods that encompasses this resort. The resort was close enough to other things to do allowing us to only travel minutes and still be entertained by other events off the grounds of the resort. The outlets are a few minutes away. We also drove to Penn's Peake to add to our vacation by being entertained by the Glenn Miller Orchestra as we were served a delicious home-made lunch. I would certainly recommend Paradise Stream to any couple who wants to really have a fun, relaxing week and take part in a wonderful, loving experience of getting to know each other and fall in love all over again - Thank you staff and members of the Paradise Stream Resort - it was well worth the money!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely chose the Champagne Towers
1 Thank Denise S
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Happy 40th anniversary!! That is a reason to celebrate! We are so happy you spent this occasion with us. I love the line about 'falling in love all over again.' Thank you so much for this wonderful review Denise S! Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Queens Village, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was expecting a romantic weekend getaway with amenities and exciting things to do. But just about all of the adventure at this all inclusive resort is available for a "nominal fee" and there definition is not the same as webster's dictionary. Everything is locked and in order to use anything you need to go into the gift shop when its open to gain access. When my wife and I were in the game room we decided to play darts as there is a dart board. We were directed to different places to get the darts until we asked the employee at the cafe for assistance and were greeted with a rudeness that I can get right here in Queens. The employee didn't want to be there and took out on me and the wife. When informing the supervisor she responded by saying she would talk to him LOL. Breakfast was nice but dinner was horrible. Food was bland and not appealing. STAY AWAY. When I complained to management their response was a letter that entitled me to a free upgrade. It is a shame the place has potential just need a management team more present and some one to check the quality os services offered.

Room Tip: Yes choose a different resort the all inclusive is a sham you can get a better dinner at Wendys
5 Thank aroema
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback aroema. Please know that we have spoken to the cafe attendant. We pride ourselves on customer service and are very surprised to hear about this reaction.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went for my husbands birthday, My son and his girl had also got a room at the resort to our surprise. His first time our 5th time. I have to say I was a bit disappointed this time staying there. We had a E-mail with a special room rate and I jumped on it: BIG MISTAKE, We ALWAYS stay in the Diana Oasis, and we did this time, I think we got the lower budget Diana Oasis, for some reason the room was much smaller than any Diana we have ever stayed in, the shower was definitely not a 2 person shower like we've had in the past, (our other rooms had much,much bigger showers). The toilet was something you see at a rest stop, bathroom was outdated and the toilet seat was falling off. Towels must be a problem because we had no towels in the pool room and very small ones at the Jacuzzi, That left us using the shower towels for both the pool and Jacuzzi, and then a shower. The Jacuzzi could use a little repair, the valves and the intake were old and dirty looking. Kind of gross, but my husband said that it was because it was an older unit. The room was so small it was very hot and stuffy, we had the air on 60, because the room was so small the air was fighting with the pool room heat to cool the room or it just wasn't working right. We also had to make sure the bathroom door stayed shut or the air wouldn't go into the sleeping area. We left in the morning when we came back,room service changed our settings so our air would shut itself down, so when we walked into the room again it was like a sweat box. We were offered an upgrade when we checked in because we are forever lovers, but we enjoy the Diana. But this time I was very disappointed. I was also disappointed that breakfast is not served in the rooms on weekdays. I feel you pay good money to stay here, it shouldn't matter if it is Saturday, Sunday or Monday. The food was good and the wait staff was friendly. The front desk staff was wonderful. Entertainment was good. My son had a waterfront villa, his room was very nice, he enjoyed his stay and is planning his next trip there. I was surprised that there was no carriage ride either day we were there, my son was excited to take his girl, but that is also on the weekend, so we ended up at Paradise Stables, went on a wonderful ride. There is a lot to do and see while your there. The casino is only 4 miles up the road, there is a lot of shopping. We just love going there and we will be back again, I just hope we get a front Oasis Suite, and Not the ones in the back.

Room Tip: I don't know if they let you pick a room but if staying in the Diana, Try to stay in the FRONT o...
2 Thank DonzNNathan
Thank you for sharing your husband's birthday with us - we love to celebrate. And thank you for introducing your son to the resort. Happy to hear he's already planning his next visit. Very sorry about the suite. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com withe the details of your stay. I'd like to check your Diana's Oasis out.
Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went to paradise stream resort for my anniversary.i actually read the reviews before booking and knew what to expect. The resort is ok for a night or two but no more than that. There is not much to do and not many variety in activities.they need some serious update in the rooms and some outside maintanance . The food was not good and the price is kind of unfair for the value.i like nature and this resort could be much better with a little work.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jen404
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We would love to hear your suggestions jen404. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I thought the heart-shaped hot tub and the signs around the campus were a bit kitschy, but we had a great experience staying here. We used a groupon and that process was seamless - I got exactly the room I paid for, no hoops or downgraded service which was great. Service is excellent. The gift shop is cool, but didn't have a huge condom selection which I felt was strange so BYO for that. Bar atmosphere was nice, friendly couples hung around the pool and firepit at night if you were up for socializing. If you like dark, private rooms where your sense of time goes out the window then get the Garden of Eden Apple -- really private. Great campus to walk around - or rent the bikes and take a ride. Food was better than expected as well!

Room Tip: We reserved Garden of Eden Apple but one tier lower would have sufficed if you don't care for th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Thank you so much for your review, cmnikki!
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is definitely designed to provide sensory overload to the ladies! Anyone who talks about it being outdated or whatever isn't seeing the point of the place! The smells are awesome. The noises are perfect. The sights are delightful! A woman is naturally pleased when she has her sensory overload at this place. The man has to do little to please her after that! Is it from the 70's/80's? Sure. Is it still completely awesome and romantic? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Loved my Garden of Eden...no windows, no outside noise, perfectly romantic. I will confess we are a...
1 Thank alij1069
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
'Awesome and romantic,' that's what we love to hear alij1069! Thank you.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Paradise Stream resort for our first anniversary. We got a groupon and spent three nights. It was pretty expensive for what it was. Including tax and gratuity, it cost about $1,000 for three days (and that was the groupon price!). For that, I could have flown to North Carolina and stayed at Bald Head Island for three days.I was anticipating this would be like a sandals of the North except with hiking and more outdoor activities and what not. My husband on the other hand like it a lot (he's from rural NH).

Rooms: My husband and I were in the Diana's Oasis room. Not bad. Pretty small. It was nice to have the heart shaped bathtub and a private mini pool in our room. I did not like the circle-shaped bed. It was difficult to sleep on, and my husband is 6'1 so his feet were hanging off the side. There was some sort of red stain on our carpet. The stairs to the pool were in bad shape.

Food: Not gourmet by any means but very good. We arrived late Friday night, after dinner had already been served, and they gave us a voucher for food from one of the restaurants. The food was just sandwiches and that type of food. It was very good. I loved how you could order breakfast in bed and then go down to the restaurant for a full breakfast later. The breakfast panini that was sent to our room was delicious. The breakfast buffet was good. Dinner wasn't bad. The first night I had strip steak and my husband had sirloin. Not the best steaks in the world, but not bad. The sides were delicious and dessert was wonderful. Dinner the next night, I had the steak and my husband had the salmon. They were pretty good.

Activities and entertainment: There were a few activities around the resort including archery, shuttle board, basketball and paddle boating, which were all fun. The "lake" where you can paddle boat is more like a pond or drainage ditch. But we did most of the activities within the first day. The nightly entertainment was a lot of fun. The first night, we just went to bed because we got in late. But the second night, there were three comics who were great. The next night, there was a comic, a band and live karaoke with the band. The comic that night was okay. He seemed like he might have been drunk during the show. The band was pretty good, and I thought Karaoke with the band was a really cool idea.

Overall: We had a good time. It was a nice getaway close to home, but once was enough. I probably would not stay here again. I would choose to spend the money to go to a nicer resort in a more tropical location.

Room Tip: The Dianas Oasis rooms are the cheaper, more compact rooms, but they have all been recently remodele...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Happy first anniversary 333kmg333!! Thank you for spending it with us! Thank you for the review. Happy to hear you had a good time and we hope you decide to visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,143 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!