“Can't wait to go back...”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went to Paradise Stream just to get away, not to celebrate anything other than spending time together. I am very busy at work so we don't get away on vacation much, that said I travel a lot for work and have spent far to many days and nights in all kinds of hotels around the country, from low end to very, very high end. So I will start with the room, more like an apartment than a room. If it had a kitchen it would have been bigger than most of the apartments my company has put me up in while travelling for business. Some complain that it is a little outdated, not sure why. Our room/apartment had a built in pool, sauna, steam room/shower large enough for two, double sink in the bathroom and a Champagne Glass shaped Jacuzzi. It had a living room with a fireplace and the bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed and a couple of chairs and a small table in it. It was very clean, quite and private. It had no weird odors. The most amazing thing was there was a fireplace in the living room and there was no smokey smell in the room/apartment. My house has two full wall fireplaces in it and my wife doesn't let me use them because the smell of smoke bothers her, yet we had a fire going in the room with no complaint of smoke. The room/apartment also had a built in pool in it, again I was amazed that there was no typical pool smell. If you had your eyes closed you would have not known there was a pool there, yet it was very clean and great fun. Typically when I travel I try to spend as little time as possible in my hotel room, I could have spent the full three days in this room with no complaints.

Now for the food, breakfast had a very nice buffet, and I mean a real breakfast buffet with real food on it, not like most hotels that give you soggy fruit, cereal a few containers of yogurt and a dirty, sticky do it yourself waffle maker. This buffet had fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and fresh pastries. If that wasn't good enough you can also order any type of egg you want from the kitchen, pancakes, waffles or pretty much anything else you want for breakfast. Also includes all the fresh juice and coffee you can drink. Everything we got for breakfast was cooked to perfection, no complaints here.

For dinner you order from a menu, typically can choose from 4 or 5 entrees. It also includes soup, salad (garden or Caesar), your entree and desert. I will start with the salad, I am tired of restaurants that serve you a few greens and call it a Caesar salad. I can't tell you how many times I have asked for cheese on my salad only to have the waiter or waitress look at me like I have two heads. Sorry, I'm Italian I put cheese on everything, get over it. Well the first night at the resort I ordered a Caesar salad, when the waitress brought it, it couldn't have been better if I made it myself and it was covered in lots and lots of grated cheese. It was so good I had to call the waitress over to thank her personally. She said well when she makes a salad for a customer she makes it as if she was going to eat it herself. What a concept, imagine that she made it so it was good enough for her. Wow, if only every restaurant had employees like this I might not mind travelling so much. The entrees were done perfectly every night and always delicious. One night I wasn't that hungry when it came to dessert so I ordered the strawberry shortcake, well that was a mistake it came in a large and I mean large bowl. It was fresh strawberries over the shortcake, then it had soft serve ice cream on top of that and real fresh whip cream on top of that. I wouldn't have finished it, but it was so good I couldn't stand wasting it, so I forced myself.

Bottom line is no matter where you stay or what you eat, if you like to complain you will find something to complain about, but if you stay here you are going to have to look real hard to find something, so instead of looking, sit back, relax and enjoy one of the nicest resorts I have stayed at in a long time.

I was planning a trip to Vegas, but my wife and I decided we are going back to Paradise Stream instead. Most fun we have had together in a very long time... If you want a rating I will give it a 10 out of 10...

Room Tip: Go with the Champagne Towers, the rooms are a little more expensive, but worth every penny. The priv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick L
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

We love a 10 out of 10 rating and we love your review! This warms our hearts. Fantastic guests! Thanks Rick L.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Champagne Tower room at Paradise Stream Resort for one night in September 2013. We highly recommend checking out Groupon as we found a very good deal there which saved us 100$. We were really impressed by the room design. The Champagne tower Jacuzzi, the heart-shaped pool, the starry ceilings and the round bed were amazing and created the romantic atmosphere! The food was simple yet delicious and the night entertainment was somewhat boring in our opinion. But we didn't mind as we spent most of the time in the room, which was just fantastic! The next day after we had checked out we were allowed to explore their multiple activities, such as paddle boats, bicycling, archery, tennis, etc. We were very happy with the resort and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

So happy to hear you loved the Champagne Tower and will be back! Would love to hear more feedback about the entertainment - please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 25th aniversary in the champagne tower. What we saw online was a lot better than what we experienced. Having a fireplace was a nice touch but unfortunately when we entered the suit that is all we could smell even though we didn't use it. The smell was so overwhelming we couldn't use the living area. The heart shaped pool was the best part of the package, we enjoyed that every night. The champagne tower was nice touch even though it took a good 20 to 30 minutes to fill. We had the all inclusive package which meant breakfast and dinner were included. Breakfast was a buffet with standard selection, scrambled eggs ,bacon, sausage,fired potatoes,French toaste, ect. Nothing fancy . Dinner was by far the worst I have ever had. I have had better cafeteria food than what I had there. Our first night I ordered a ribeye steak and baked potatoe, my wife ordered a ribeye and string beans with shrimp cocktail appetizer. The shrimp had such a strong odor she couldn't,t eat it, her the steak was so greasy she couldn't finish it and the beans were fresh from a can with no taste. They brought my meal out which consisted of a steak on a plate I had to flag my waitress down and ask for my potatoe. She apologized and brought me a cold baked potatoe. Second night was as bad as the first and the third night we didn't,t dare try eating there again. For the price we paid per night I was expecting something more than cafeteria food not to mention the waiter we had on the second night had a real attitude problem. I would never consider coming back here again and if anybody asked I would tell them don't waste your money.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank drgn1760
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Happy silver anniversary! Thank you for sharing the special occasion with us. I will be speaking with our wait staff and chefs about the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have visited all three of the Cove Pocono resorts multiple times over the past 20 yrs or so. We heard that this one had been remodeled and hadn't been here in several years. So disappointing that the properties are not kept up the way that they used to be. The common areas are nice and improved but the rooms are definitely showing their age and lack of attention. They really need to get rid of those round beds...

All that said, the all-inclusive nature and the amenities still make for a nice weekend trip.

We love visiting this area and hope that the resorts are updated and continue to be an option.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nking20

Happy to hear you had a nice weekend trip. Thank you for visiting us over the years!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We used our key around to come look at this resort will staying at another.

Pros: the atmosphere is nice. The indoor pool is great. The outdoor fire pit is a nice touch.

Cons: we wanted to play the planed games the 1st & 2nd one no CXO was at the set meeting place. So I went to the front desk after 2nd time & I was told the person running the games was also working the tiki bar. The hiking trail is over grown, the ball field is all grass. The tennis court is all broken up & run down.

Overall: We decided not to waste anymore of our day at that resort. You may have a better experience than we did.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank angelbear123

We appreciate your feedback angelbear123.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I visited Paradise Steam from 08/04/2013 to 08/07/2013. While there appeared to be sufficient staff at check in by dinner it seemed they were a bit thinned out. It was a Semi Buffet/Sit Down dinner. You can get your own salad at the salad bar and the main course you ordered through your waitress.My meal was cold. Not one item on my plate was even warm. I returned it twice. I was very disappointed with the meal.

The entertainment was pretty good. The next day we browsed around the resort and much to my surprise there were no organized support staff. They do have a little daily paper to advise you what was going on, but during the week in the middle of summer there appeared to be very little activity. If you want to use the paddle boats you have to go to the gift shop and sign a waiver. Then when you go over to the lake there is no one there to assist you getting in or out. Basically use at your own risk.For the amount of money to stay for 3 nights that included gratuities it was way overpriced for what you were getting.

On the next day we took a ride to Woodloch Pines and for just a little bit more there was activities everywhere, a BBQ shuffle board contest, bocci ball, horseshoes, go carts etc. Each activity has several support staff assisting. What a difference...I'm surprised Paradise Stream is still in business.

Room Tip: Choose a Villa. They have both a Hot Tub and a Fireplace and an outside balacony overlooking the lak...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mmcgr110

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Feedback such as yours is important and taken very seriously. Guest satisfaction and exceptional service is our number one priority.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had previously been to cove haven which is a bit much for us - oozing love and cheesy romance, so we decided to try paradise stream instead and were pleasantly surprised. On site is boating, fishing, swimming, basketball, horseshoes, bocce, archery, arcades, horseback riding and more. There's a lot to do if you want to stay busy, or there are rooms with jacuzzi tubs, indoor private pools and TV's if you want to hole up in your room and relax. It's a beaufitul settings with nature trails and a stream running through it. I would go back here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelindaJoy926

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. Our team is delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!