“Fabulous Getaway”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed June 12, 2008

This was our third stay at Caesar's and our first stay at Paradise Stream. We absolutely love the resorts. We agree that the rooms are not perfect but we don't care. We go to be with each other and reconnect. The prices are a bit high but we always watch their website for specials. We've stayed in the Roman Towers for $250 per night as well as the Garden of Eden Apple for $250 per night. The deals are out there if you have a flexible travel schedule. The new Mount Airey casino is just a 2 minute drive away. We plan on returning at least twice a year!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mchsbr
There are newer reviews for Paradise Stream Resort

Reviewed June 6, 2008

My husband and I have been coming to Paradise Stream for many years. We love the CXO's Reika & Merle. The activities are fun, we always stay in the Champagne Towers. You have to go in with an open mind and realize it is a little pricey but the food is decent, the customer service is excellent. Everyone on staff are so friendly. We are Forever Lovers and enjoy Paradise Stream immensely. Go there with an open mind and do not be afraid of the reviews. We always meet great people, the lounge is cool, the comedians are okay and the drinks even though they are expensive, they are delicious.

I think if you are a fun loving adult who wants to get away from their kids and their jobs and reality for a short while, this is the place to be.. went in May to celebrate my birthday and am going back in June. I can not wait...Great fun to be had if you go there looking to just relax and catch up with your spouse and have fun. Bike ride, fish, walk the nature trail and then unwind with a drink from the Parrott Lounge in the water fall jacuzzi in the pool area..that water fall hot tub is the best.....Go and just try it!!!!

3  Thank Paul & Loretta C
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My fiance and I stayed in the dianas oasis suite. We were really hesitant about going at all after reading the reviews because everything is so 50-50. Our room was ready when we arrived (which was at around 3:00), the lobby was nice and clean and very nicely decorated. If i say anything about the over all experience its that the staff was extremely helpful, polite and warm. When we walked into the suite we were pleased. It was very clean and smelled fresh. Everything looked really good. We had ordered strawberry and whipped cream which arrived to us about 30 minutes after we checked in. The negatives about the room were that the pool area was pretty worn, and for the price we were paying i would have liked to see it maintained a bit more, also there were some dead bugs in the pool but after we took the cover off the filter cleaned them all out, the bedspread was outdated and a little worn (again for what we were paying i would have liked to have seen better), also the headboard had a couple very small tears in it.
I liked the heart shaped tub, and they did provide us with a small amount of bubble bath. Seriously, YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT! We learned that quickly but it was fun. The pool was also fun, if i were to go back i would definitely like to get another room with a pool. The bed was not uncomfortable at all. Both nights we slept well. Also, the TV DOES have a DVD player built in so yea you CAN bring DVDs.
The grounds are nice, our room was directly across from the mini golf, which i thought needed a good cleaning. The cafe was really not that impressive and prices were kinda high. Most burgers were $8.50 - $9.50 and were not impressive at all! The service there was incredibly slow there as well. We didnt take part in many of there activities but they seemed to have things to do so you have some variety. The gift shop was also a little pricey, we spent $15 on 3 small candles. Oh well.
We ate dinner on friday night and requested private seating (which we were able to get), apparently the trick to that is to get there as early as possible! It was "italian" night, and i was VERY unimpressed. We skipped dinner the next night. Also, $8 for one drink! One poorly made drink at that!
We did the breakfast in bed, which was..... ok. Comparable to good hospital food. The juice is small and in little apple sauce container like things. It did arrive hot though.
One plus was that we had gotten the 'shop and stay' promotion, and they give you $100 CASH! Unexpected and quite nice. I'll be honest and say that half that went to buying food at their jungle cafe ahaha!
Even though I see where Paradise Stream needs improvement I still really did enjoy myself, I think that if they just spent some effort and money they could be what they advertise to be.
Either that or lower the prices :)

3  Thank xbrittany
Reviewed May 20, 2008

OK...
I booked this with high hopes. The websites for the properties in the area promised a favorable experience. We arrived at the property early, and frankly did not expect a room. So, we checked in, and went shopping for a few hours. Came back to the hotel, and room was ready.

UGH!

Seedy, smelly and tired would best describe the room. I was looking for the promised WOW factor....and it was not here.

So, I went down the front desk to ask about upgrades. They were VERY ACCOMODATING, giving me the next upgrade for free (Thanks!), but again, substandard. It was billed as a non-smoking room (which means I did not smoke in it, but it smelled like every other person this year did).

The room would have been very cool in 1975, today, it looked tired and not worthy of the Caesars name. It is a name I had respected for quality, not so, it appears in the Poconos.

The food (the hotel provided breakfast and dinner in the price) was below cruise ship provisions. We had the 'hot breakfast in bed) delivered by a nice young man, but, as we supped my wife said

"This is like hospital food, even the trays are the same ones used by hospitals"

The food at dinner was cafeteria quality.

Edible for sure, but not gourmet, or even interesting… The wine list would make you weep. Nothing (other than Cristal) was interesting on the list.

So, how aobut the entertainment?

We tried a few of the things the hotel had to offer....

1) Golf (at another Caesars) was billed as Championship Golf.

---! What an exaggeration. The track was a goat pasture, and the greens were 15% mud. On the plus side, the staff was outstanding. I left my sand wedge on the last hole, and it was in my room by the time I got back.

2) Archery: OK, I am a bit of a bow snob, I admit it. But this was awful. 90% of the arrows were fletched with only two feathers (one needs three to make an arrow fly true).

3) Billiards: Not bad, unless you count the first table we tried, which had two six inch rips in the felt.

4) Putt-Putt--- Well, as the say in the East "Forgitaboutit". Weak course, on warped plywood.

5) Fishing: I did not try, but I think this could be the key. Great looking stream, and we did see some trout (note to fish the stream you need a PA fishing license), but from the looks of the Caddis hatch, I would give it a go).

Summary:
Great Staff..in fact the staff keeps these guys in the game
Sub Standard investment in rooms, plant and equipment.
Shame on you Caesars....you guys are better than this.

All the best----

Von Krieger

5  Thank VonKrieger
Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband and I wanted a quite get away from family and the kids. The vacation met all of my expectations and more. My husband I stayed in the Diana's Oasis Room. We had our own pool, heart shaped tub, walkin shower, and fireplace in the pool area. The ONLY down fall was the round bed. The room was very nicely decorated and clean. The round bed does make for a lot of closness, my husband and I are about 5' 11" so to fit in the bed you had to sleep in the middle of the bed. The breakfast was good, hot and extremely filling. We did not eat the breakfast in bed, but talked to many that did and they had no complaints. The evening dinners were awsome. The only complaint is that I ate way to much. The 5 courses can be alot for some people. We even had a couple of gentlemen at our time one night order a 2nd main plate. The staff was very accommidating and friendly. I don't know why some people didn't enjoy themselves. I was really not ready to go home when we had to leave. The motel scheduled many events each day with one big event starting each day late morning. I can't say we joined them, we wanted to do things just the two of us. I would most definitely go again!!!

4  Thank Husker1988
Reviewed May 9, 2008

This trip was a surprise from my husband to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary, therefore I am not sure exactly how he booked it. I think he called them directly.
I have always wanted to stay at the Champagne Towers and it was more than I expected. The room was GREAT! We had our own heart shaped pool and round king size bed, as well as a sauna, massage table, two TVs, a real (not gas) fireplace and of course the grand champagne whirlpool tub!
There are only a couple easons I would rate this average rather than above average is for one thing you can tell the resort has been there a while, it is by no mena run-down but it is starting to show signs of age, like the vanity mirror was getting a little shoddy and the egyptian decor took you back to the eighties. The decor was not overwhelmingly in your face but I think it may be time for an update.
The other reason is that we had to deal with some termites! Now I didnt really panic when I saw them because first of all I had them at my house and its not like they are roaches, and I figured a few reasons they might be there. Number one, we had the last room in the row where we were which was right next to the woods, in fact we saw a raccoon peeking around the corner one afternoon coming back to our room. Number two, we could tell that we were there in the off season and maybe there was not enough activity going on to keep pests away, plus it was really rainy outside.
We found them in the pool,whirlpool, living room, bathroom and even had two fall into bed when we were in it! Gross! We did not complain to mgmt because since we have dealt with them at home I'm not sure what they could have done for us beside move our room and that is a pain, since it was not like we had found a nest of them or anything. All in all I would go back ,the entertainment was good and we enjoyed the facilities.

3  Thank feelinfroggy2
Reviewed May 6, 2008

OK, we stayed at Paradise Stream May 2-4 and had a great time. We had realistc expectations, we knew ahead of time that we were going to CEASERS! not the Hilton, not the Ritz carlton, and not on a posh cruise. We wanted somewhere that was geared to a romantic time away from the kids, where else can you get your own swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, massage table, and celestial mirrors over your bed? The only complaint we had was the food, it was edible, and thats about it, but again remember where you are and why you came if you dont like the food there is a few places down the road to eat.. At first we wanted to try and get seated alone at dinner, we are so glad we did not, We met two couples who we have become great freinds with and spend most of the weekend hanging out during the evenings and activities, We and another couple we met even played the not so newlywed game! Who cares if it was raunchy, EVERYONE is there for the same reason we were so it wasnt any surprise questions, and it was packed for the game more than any other activity, nightlife, ect.. not a seat left in the place. The Entertainment on friday was cheezy, but the band was funny as hell, bunch of older straightlaced guys singing AKON smack that.. it was priceless, almost as good as the comedian that nite! Saturday was great, the comedian was damn good.. too bad we missed the end of his act.. wife got a little too drunk from wine and had to go.. Anyways, remember why you are looking for here and what you want to accomplish by going here.. If you want a good time, meet some great people, and have some fun while you are at it than you will not be disappointed.. If you care more about if there is a chipped tile, a paint chip on the wall or if the food is not 5 star quality than go elsewhere.. Just say hello to Merle while you are there he is one funny guy..

3  Thank brhankins
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!