“Like Cruising with out the Boat!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed July 7, 2013

***Great Tip - u can arrive as early as 9:00am and stay as late as 5:00pm on your check in and check out days. Just leave your stuf in your car and enjoy the entertainment*** This made for a nice long weekend for us.

This was our first visit to any of the Cove Haven Resorts. We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had here. There was so much to do. The activities director, Rachel, was super fun and so sweet. She had some great ideas to get the couples to interact and meet each other. The bands and the comedian at night were fantastic as well. The food was pretty good. Only breakfast and lunch was included in the all inclusive. For lunch, we went to Subway and grabbed a footlong to split between lunch and a late night snack. ALCOHOL IS NOT INCLUDED. We brought our own. They just ask that you not bring your own where ever alcohol is served. Makes sense. They need to make their living too :)

We stayed in the Garden of Eden room which was not the most updated room, after we took the tour of the other room types. We would probably stay in either the Champagne room or the Diana's Oasis next time. Our room was very clean, for the most part. When we walked in the first room that has the hot tub, the rug smelled a little musty. The rest of the room didn't smell that way, so we bought Febreeze spray and that helped. We also didn't use the hot tub, because it was a little funky looking. The bed, bathroom and pool were all pretty clean. We felt very comfortable and had a blast. Definitely going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden of Eden room which was not the most updated room, after we took the tour of...
1  Thank RelaxedGuest
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Happy to hear that you're 'definitely going back!' and that you had a blast! See you next time.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I haven't been on vacation nor had I celebrated my birthday in over 3 years. This year I decided we were going to go on vacation on my birthday July 4th. Needless to say we didn't get off to a great start. My husband got stuck in New York on a business trip, by the time he got home the day was practically over. We get on the road 40 minutes into our trip, our car breaks down on 476. Sooo we had to get a tow all the way home. By then it was already 7:00 p.m. We switch vehicles, I called the reservation line & told them we were still coming (although I really wanted to just forget the whole thing). We finally make it to the resort, the front desk person Julie was busy but very polite and told me she would be with me in a moment. Well the day I just had I wasn't in the mood for waiting one more moment; however Julie was so apologetic and even stated she saw that I had called several times to report our car troubles and trouble with our GPS finding the place. She upgraded our room for no additional charge, explained all the amenities and set us up for a complimentary lunch the next day. I told Julie I remember seeing a positive review on this site that involved her. She was very surprised, well I want everyone to know that my husband and I had a great vacation, I enjoyed my bday & because of the exceptional customer service at Paradise Stream Resorts we are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy birthday netiawhyme!! So happy you celebrated with us!! See you next time - hopefully getting here is much easier!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a trip over the 4th holiday and ended up at Paradise Stream. Initially, we were going to stay at Cove Haven but decided on here because it was closer to the casino. We checked in right around 3:30. We booked a Diana's Oasis, which they didn't have available (which is weird they let us book it in the first place, but whatever) but they upgraded us to a Garden of Eden Apple room at no extra cost. The room had no windows, which made it more private. There was the Jacuzzi, a pool and a dry sauna in the room. It was clean, although a bit dated and cheesy. We were expecting it at a place like that. Dinner is included (so is breakfast, but we opted out of it), and quite good. Alcohol isn't included, however, and is quite expensive - $13.50 for a beer and one mixed drink. They have all kinds of activities throughout the resort, which we didn't do them all. The only real issue was we had done something online to get a free box of their signature truffles. We could only get on their wifi in their main lobby. The lady at the desk said they should arrive in a hour - they weren't there by 8pm - which we talked to the lady at the desk again and by time we got back to our room at 10pm they had been delivered.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and had wished we had booked another night because there just isn't enough time to do everything in one night.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank evie421

Thanks for your feedback evie421.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

she will need a sense of humor everything that most people say about this place is true, smell, mold, ,front desk people are not what you would call cordial the staff does nothing to make you feel wanted .the rooms are tired, yet amazing,only if it were 20 years ago. The tubs, pools mirrors, sauna, steam bath round beds and the !0ft glass all are such a dream come true and you really want to enjoy, but the carpets make you wear you flip flops and you think twice about where you want to sit. the food was less than expected, breakfast was better than dinner. Well that's enough go there bring your Lysol and enjoy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank tilefish
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Very surprised to hear this about our Front Desk Team Members. We pride ourselves on exceptional service. Also know our Housekeeping Team are some of the best around. Each suite is thoroughly cleaned after each visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I gave Paradise Stream a tough review last year and I am updating.
Let me start by saying we would NEVER return to this particular Cove Haven Resort. In a curious turn of events though our trip consultant from Cove Haven Resorts got us a great deal for a two night stay this past June 22-June 24th for a 3 day/2 night stay and the price was worth another look. We had our misgivings but for the price we were keeping an open mind.

The first part of our day was spent trying to find the place again. Our GPS and our OnStar both had so much trouble directing us to this very remote part of Mount Pocono that we wasted an hour of our much-needed two day vacation trying to find the place...and this was certainly no fault of the resort.

We checked in at about 5:00 pm (check-in starts at 3:00 pm). We didn't even wait a minute before we had our keys and were off to our room. The lovely young woman at the reception desk was very professional and gave us all the information we needed about the resort.

After less than 5 minutes we were off to our room, a Champagne Towers Suite. This is the highest-end room at this resort and I believe we were in room 424. The buildings that house these suites are at the far end of the resort and they aren't too attractive from the outside. The look is institutional with concrete walls and industrial looking metal roofs...the buildings are also completely devoid of any hint of landscaping although there are what appear to be beds for plantings complete with mulch. No worries though as we didn't come for the flora.

Once inside the room you are faced with the resort-famous champagne glass Jacuzzi tub who's stem is flanked with 6 feet of mirrors on each side. The "glass" itself is a bit hazy but not at all dirty, just worn. On the ground level is the living room complete with a big wall-mounted TV that has a variety of free channels and also has a remote for ordering "Lodgenet" movies. Also in the living room is a hideous couch with only one arm rest, a small chair (again with no arm rests) and a coffee table that weighs about 2 tons, and a couple of 1 ton side tables. The carpeting is red and kind of dated but very clean and meticulously vacuumed. To the left as you walk in there is a glass wall beyond which is the private pool...in this case a heart-shaped pool, that is about 3 feet deep and VERY warm...down a few steps from the pool area there is a massage table with a red light overhead, and the table itself had a vinyl cover that was torn in spots but clean. Off that area is a dry sauna for two...this was also very clean and in good working order. Up a flight of stairs was the bedroom with the round bed (comfortable but awkward!) and overhead, a twinkling starlight ceiling. Also on this level was a shower for two, with steam bath (awesome!), a separate "room" for the toilet, and an open two-sink counter area with huge mirror and heat lamp. The room also came with a very inconvenient oversized dorm-style fridge (inconvenient because it was in the bathroom), a second flat screen in the bedroom, and a small table and chairs. As for the overall room, it was very clean, albeit outdated in its décor, and it was mostly in good repair. There was a Bose radio and speakers throughout the suite, but as far as I can tell, no place to play CD's and since the reception is poor in that area this was a useless amenity.

Glitches with the room included several lightbulbs that were burned out, and a few starlights over the Jacuzzi that were also non-functional. Also, the handle to the sliding door of the shower fell off every time we opened it but it was easy to replace...Also there were some glitches with ordering a movie downstairs and having it play upstairs but that was easily remedied by the front desk person who quickly took away the double charge for the movies we ordered.

Overall comfort was fine, though the ceiling fan didn't work so the upstairs was hard to cool even with both upstairs and downstairs AC units (LOUD UNITS) cranking.

For our taste, the room gets 4/5 stars.

The stay is all-inclusive, with the exception of alcoholic beverages and lunch. This was fine with us and spelled out before our stay.

The first night we opted to enjoy our privacy and we ordered room service. The food came to our room hot, ample (we couldn't finish even half of it) and very good. Two massive burgers with homemade kettle chips and a couple orders of mozzarella sticks came to just about 21 bucks.

Breakfast the next morning was hideous and that is an understatement. We are used to Cove Haven and Pocono Palace (in the same chain of resorts) and breakfast is always outstanding. This one was yucky. Dry, unseasoned, scrambled eggs were awful. There was also the hashbrown "sticks" which resembled undercooked tater tots on steroids, bacon that had no flavor, and sausage links were the best of the buffet. The meal was served in the only dining room and that had the charm of a lobby at your local Super 8...not what you expect from a Cove Haven Resorts venue. Both Cove Haven and Pocono Palace have nicely appointed dining rooms that are intimate and romantic.

During the day there are activities though they are kind of cheesy and dated. Fortunately we weren't there for the Bingo or the '80's themed events that were the focus of this particular weekend. Outside there is a pool, basketball courts, bocci ball, archery, bicycles, and tennis (though the tennis court looks completely unused...) The first morning we were there we could also pay an additional 20 dollars for a horse drawn carriage ride which was quaint but not our cup of tea. We spent our day enjoying the sights in the Poconos, just driving around and admiring the landscape...

Dinner on Saturday night was the "famous" strip-night where you can order all-you-can eat strip steak with a variety of side dishes. This was quite good and we were pleased with our steaks. There were no issues with our food in quantity, quality, or temperature and we didn't go away hungry. There was a huge mixup in service though and somehow the table next to us ended up with 3 baked potatoes (we got one), and we ended up with a mountain of green beans...No problem and it wasn't worth complaining about. We each ordered one cocktail. My partner ordered a margarita on the rocks, and I ordered a Chamord martini with Stoli's vodka. The drinks were served in the smallest martini and margarita glasses and they set us back a staggering 26.50 for two drinks. I don't mind paying that much for a cocktail but they should have been more generous for the price.

This stay was far better than our last, and unfortunately I cannot rate the resort 3.5 stars. It isn't a 4 star so I stop short.

All in all this was a very nice stay and the room was great. The service was perfect and we tipped everybody even though gratuity is included. This was our 11th stay in 2 years at a Cove Haven Resort, and we are already booked for our next stay at the end of July when we will return to the sister resort, Pocono Palace. We would go back to this place again if we could get another reasonable rate, but for the money we will favor Cove Haven and Pocono Palace.

Room Tip: Pick a pool room and stay for at least two nights!~
4  Thank LisaDoreen
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

As always, thank you for your review LisaDoreen. Looking forward to seeing you at Pocono Palace in July!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you have kids and want to getaway for a nice calm romantic weekend I would recommend this resort. I took my husband to Paradise Stream resort for his birthday in June. It was very quiet and relaxing. We had the Diana's Oasis room. That pool was very relaxing. Its a thermal heated pool. The Jacuzzi is also great as you can watch TV and enjoy a nice romantic bubble bath at the same time. The resort says all inclusive but I would say its Most inclusive. Reason being is that the lunch and liquor is not included. The horse drawn carriage is not included. That cost was $20 per couple. I would say if you are planning on going for the weekend you should have at least an extra $200-$250 in your pocket for liquor, lunch and any other non-included activity that you wish to partake in. The entertainment in the night is great. Those comedians were funny and the live band was very good. I wouldn't recommend more than a weekend though because after a while it will begin to get boring. LOL!! But I think every couple should experience this at least once in a lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

'Every couple should experience this at least once in a lifetime,' we completely agree! Thanks for the review. Hope you decide to experience it twice in a lifetime!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed in the Champagne Towers and had a terrific time! Staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the Nightly entertainment and daily activities that were onsite at the resort. Close to casino, shopping outlets and more! We would recommend this to any couple looking to spend some quality time together. We will definitely be staying there again!

2  Thank balutis68

Thanks for the recommendation! See you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!