When my fiance and I walked into the room I could not help but burst into tears. I paid A LOT of money for this place and was extremely let down. It looks like the place has not been renovated EVER. The decor left a lot to be desired. The wall paper was peeling, there were paint chips floating in the pool. There were no windows in our room which made it stuffy and clostrophobic. It's all inclusive which would be great if the resturant was open past 8 pm. We arrived a little later on a Friday night and had to go elsewhere to eat ( and spend more money) because the seating was over. So we ate somewhere close by and made the best of the night. The next day was supposed to be a mustang show which was a complete joke. There were about 10 mustangs there! Could of walked around a Ford dealer if we wanted to see that. We decided that we wanted to switch rooms that night so I asked the front desk. They were very nice about it. They had nothing where we were so we went to a sister hotel of theirs 20 miles away. We ended up in the Champagne Tower in Pocono Palace resort. When we pulled up it was like paradise compared to the other place. But that was very deceiving too. The lobby was nice. There was a resturant, a lounge and a gift shop. But the rooms...OMG just as outdated as the last. Horrible decor! Spiderwebs, tiles coming up in the bathroom, looked like red wax all over the MIRRORED ceiling. There were little bumps in the mirror which we figured out were little lights that looked like stars. Kinda cute. A lot were blown out. The little fan on the ceiling was dusty. Tried to fill up the jacuzzi, ran the water for half hour and it only got a quarter way filled. Felt like the 1970's. We went to the lounge first for complimentary appetizers which consisted of mini crab cakes and some chicken/poppers. For $300 plus a night you would think we'd get more that that! Dinner was okay. Staff was okay. Not overly friendly but pleasant. The food was average. There was one waitress for the whole place serving alcohol which took 20 minutes for her just to get to our table.
So the moral of my story is....the website is absolute false advertising and it is VERY high priced for what it is. I feel taken advantage of and mislead by this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Paradise Stream also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. Paradise Stream is located minutes from the highway and other regional entertainment, including the casino and outlet shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream