“let's do the time warp again !!!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Andover, New Jersey
“let's do the time warp again !!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I wasn't sure what to make of this place at first. It is the kind of place you need a open mind. an upgrade is in process right now and I'd be lying if I said it didn't need it, however the rooms are very clean and they have thought of everything! Are CXO Rachel was awesome!!!!! (Hi Rachel) I wish I had half her energy. Anyone who's read my reviews know I love good food and sadly it was not great but not awful, it reminded me of wedding food, they are willing to bring you anything if your not happy with your first choice if you want gourmet this is not it. but all the staff are very nice and always had smiles, bingo in the lounge was a lot of fun. Drinks are not over priced like other area places. Top shelf available. We had a garden of eden room and it had a sauna and whirlpool tub and private 4' foot pool all in room .It is campy but fun if you have a open mind. we will be going BACK!!!!

Room Tip: No windows in the garden of eden, the lakeviews have the only square beds nice deck
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I'll be sure to share your review with Rachel. So happy to hear you'll be coming back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Union City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I actually went to this "lover's resort" solo and it was absolutely perfect. Stayed in one of the lakeview suites and hiked and read and rode horses and got away from NYC for a few days. I just got a room (skipped the all-inclusive bit), but mostly because I wanted to try local breweries and restaurants and be on my own. Sure, the rooms are a little outdated, but it didn't matter at all. Private jacuzzi, private porch overlooking the lake, fireplace. Really all the facilities are in good condition. The gym is small but effective. The indoor pool is small but well kept. Definitely going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Joy A
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for the review and photos Joy A!
Huntington, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My Fiance and I got a great deal on Groupon for the Champagne tower room, we stayed for two nights from 3/24-3/26. Overall, we had an amazing time and I must say reading the reviews before going was really helpful. I would like to add some tips to help others out so they know what to expect and what to bring before going. Let me start with the room...like previously stated by those who have commented before me, the room is dated but keep in mind it is the Poconos and most places there are dated. The room has a 70's feel to it and is retro, however that is what made the experience unique. I mean come on... where else can you sip champagne in a wine glass tub and then take a dip in your own PRIVATE heart shaped pool? Also, the mirrors above the circular bed and the starlights in the ceiling make for a fun time. The only negative thing I have to say about the room, specifically the pool area is the cleanliness. Our pool had hair in it as well as on the floor surrounding the pool, we were a bit grossed out. We called the front desk and they immediately sent someone to vacuum the pool, additionally they offered us a new room but we declined. If you are a germ freak like myself I suggest bringing some chlorox wipes just to wipe the bath tub down. I highly regret not bringing bath robes and flip flops because traveling from the pool to the tub gets rather chilly and the floors are carpeted so they get wet. Definitely bring your own alcohol and duraflame logs because theirs is rather pricey and the room is equipped with a mini fridge. We stopped at Walmart (which is down the street) to get snacks, however if you want something more substantial than a snack do not count on room service because they stop serving at 8pm. Good idea to keep some food in the fridge for a late night meal. The food was blah but my fiance and I had a blast at dinner, I guess it was the quality time that made it special. This trip was unlike any other I have been on and I would definitely do it again. I hope everyone that goes enjoys it as much as we did... just remember to keep an open mind because haha well you will see :)

4 Thank QAM22
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
QAM22, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Happy to hear you'll definitely do it again! See you soon.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I loved this resort. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I don't have a car and the staff was able to transfer me to and from the bus station. I stayed at the Garden of Eden, the room was amazing! loved the private pool, sauna and jacuzzi. The food was also pretty good. Only complain is I wish this resort wasn't so pricey so I can go back at least 3 times a year!

2 Thank Rosemaira D
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you Rosemaira D! We hope to see you again soon!
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from staying at the Paradise Stream for one night on 3/22. It was amazing! We are both physicians in our early 40s and wanted a quick vacation away from the kids and work. We stayed in a champagne suite. The room was very clean. The pool was a blast, along with the sauna and 7 foot champagne glass Jacuzzi. The check in was very quick and easy and everyone was super friendly. We did not participate in any of the activities as we were there just to hang out and relax. We did go to the dinner, the new Codfather's buffet. Most of it was very good, some items were hit or miss, like any buffet. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Drinks were reasonably priced, similar to most hotels. In the morning, we had breakfast in our room. It was delivered in a timely manner and was hot and yummy. The whole experience in the room was very unique. There's really no reason to even leave the room if you didn't want to, but it seems like there was a lot to do if one desired. We did not order room service but the menu looked good and was very reasonably priced for a hotel.
Like other reviewers say, it is a bit outdated in décor in some ways. But that also adds to the whole Poconos experience. Overall, we had a great time and will definitely return. The staff takes pictures of you while there to purchase, which are fun mementos like a cruise ship. The gift shop is a riot and not terribly overpriced like other reviewers said. Everything was comparable to other hotels in terms of price. The biggest tip we learned from other reviewers was to bring bathrobes, a huge plus while walking around the room between the pool and Jacuzzi. Great place, go and enjoy! Also the circle bed was very comfy. There are mirrors above the bed. Also there are skylights and red lights in various places in the room, fun!

Room Tip: Bring bathrobes, snacks and alcohol (fridge in room).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks Jennifer K. Hope to see you again!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2013

well again very skeptical about arriving cause of some of the past reviews but to our surprise we arrived early and our room was available the lady up front was very nice and showed us what other things to do around gave us our key cards and we entered the room of Garden of Eden . Very clean and Fun the idea of having your own private pool in the room is awesome nice sauna i guess the only thing that needed updating was the electronics in the room the TVs are ancient The Bose System was a little wacky kept going in and out when we played a cd and the bathroom was freezing!! and maybe it was at&t fault but i had no signal what so ever ! i mean i can understand the idea of just being alone and enjoying the company of your significant other but come on its 2013 ! my biggest fear was the food cause almost every review said it sucked but every night was awesome! and the breakfast in bed was good too! overall we had fun playing like kids again the game room has basketball,ping pong, air hockey , fitness area a few arcade games an indoor pool & its a internet cafe very convenient if you dont want to explore outside the resort but we went to sunset gun range which was 10 mins away also pretty fun to do overall everything was great spending time with your loved one is always great !

1 Thank stephanie v
Thanks stephanie v. Great photos.
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband was the one who found your resort and thought we should try it. We stayed over the weekend of March 15-17,2013. Thought it was kinda pricey but figured it was all inclusive so it would be worth the money. Checking in was easy and fast. Staff was very helpful and nice! Checking out was also fast and easy! Breakfast was always good. Buffet dinner on Friday night was good too. Loved "Strip Night" Steak night on Sat night. Food was well cooked and to our temp. We stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple and loved it! Only drawback was the hard bed and small shower everything else was great! The heated pool was warm and cozy. My husband and I loved the arcade/pool room and the night club/lounge. The entertainment Friday night The Pocono's Tonight Show Band- "Woodstock" Tribute was good. The 3 comedians (Paul Bond, Mike Diesel and Scott) following were hilarious my sides and head hurt from laughing so much!!! The band on Sat night "Polyster and the Funk Machine" was good too. Followed by another hilarious comedian Brad Lowery!! Loved ice sculpting on Sat in the snow! Bingo and horse racing on Sat were great too. Met alot of nice couples to talk with also. The photographer was really good to and I loved all the pictures! (Bought all of them minus 1, husband blinked.) The gift shop was very nice and if I had more money I would have bought a whole lot more!! We didn't get a chance to try the golf course cause of the snow but we did try Archery. I was excited to the see the Archery but here's where I'm alittle disappointed. I've been doing archery (hobby and Competition) since 11-12 yrs old and I was disappointed with the equipment. Granted I know its a resort and its not going to have the most updated equipment but that was sad. There were no arrow rests, knocking points, kisser buttons (on the bow itself), finger tabs, half the arrows were missing vanes/feathers etc. We tried to make the best/most of it and still had some fun laughing at each other. During our nature hike we noticed the snowmobile's in the Baseball field area but they were all covered and the ground had half snow/ half grass/mud. Wish we could have tried snowmobiling. Would have done the horesback riding trail and carriage ride if we had more money. Maybe next time since now we know the prices!!! Overall definitely worth our money, time and travel! Its definitely something we're thinking about doing again. Thinking maybe trying out the Pocono Palace or Cove Haven next time!

Room Tip: Loved the Garden of Eden Apple with the pool, whirlpool, no windows and quietness! The room heats up...
1 Thank Jewels425
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Glad to hear you had such a great time! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!