Paradise Stream is one of those old romantic hotels with private pools and large hot tubs in the suites that make you remember why one got married. The Poconos have had these type of accomodations for decades. Paradise Stream offers different levels of suites. We originally picked "Diana's" suite because we read it was the newest of the suites. The suite had some quirks. The heater / AC was at the front of the suite & if you left the bathroom door open you blocked the heat. If you closed the bathroom door that got a little cold. There was an electric heater in the bathroom though that took a while to get it warm. The private pool was cute with a fire place in that seperate glass walled in room. It was the strangest place for a fireplace. We mentioned it to a cheerful Julie who worked the front desk who said it was that way due to room size / layout. She let us view the Apple and Champaign room suites. The Apple Suite was very spacious with the fireplace in the suite and not pool room and was spacious. The Champaign suite had as you guessed an old fashion Champain glass with a large hot tub on top that you accessed from the bathroom on the second level where the bedroom was. It over looked the living area. The first level had a living area with fireplace and behind the glass wall was a small pool shaped like a heart. This suite also had a massage table and sauna. The entire place had red carpet with Egyptian pictures all around. (yes a little cheesy but fun). We liked the space and took Julie's generous upgrade offer for both nights.
Contrary to anything we read, all the suites were clean and being that we used two suites in one day we can say this with confidence.
Pros: The place is romantic and puts you in the mood.
We saw couples of different ages at dinner or the lounge. There was a same sex couple there as well. The grounds are nice and except for the security lady who could appear less grumpy, everyone was nice. The drive from the metro NY area is close. There are activilities available but most people seem to stay in doors most of the time :)
Cons: While breakfast was fine and delivered to our room, dinner was similar to a "basic" catered wedding hall. We figured that out when we made the groupon reservation so we were not dissappointed as we did not expect nor receive anything on the gourmet end.
Entertainment was basic and OK for an uncrowded week day stay. one night had two guys playing different tunes throwing in a sexual joke now and then. The second night had a decent guitar / singer. The Weekends are better for night time entertainment.
This place is close to Camelback skiing and horseback riding. We spent some time and dollars at the outlet mall in which the hotel gives you a discount book.
All in all, if you need a get-away and never did anything like this go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is a couples-only hotel in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains that offers all-inclusive packages for romantic getaways. We have on-site activities and are near skiing and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream