“Very Good Experience”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Paradise Stream (Champagne Tower) for his birthday weekend and Had a Ball. The place was nice & clean. We brought our own cleansers for the Jacuzzi anyway and scrubbed it down before even attempting to use it.. but nonetheless everything was visibly clean. It was cozy, quiet and very romantic. The only suggestion we would make was that the living room was a bit out dated. There was a fireplace but we didnt want to use it because the living room area was not very accommodating..a very small uncomfortable sofa and the TV was wayyy up too high on the wall. We would have to lean out heads up & back to watch tv.. But the rest of the room was beautiful. the resort staff was very nice and welcoming. I would defintiely suggest this resort to others and look forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stk S
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thanks Stk S! Tell your husband Happy Birthday for us! We appreciate your review and love the part, “I would definitely suggest this resort to others and look forward to going back again soon.” We will see you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a nice time but overall the place needs a facelift. The food we had was pretty good. We had the champagne tower suite. It was nice but not new. The pool was fun, the bed was harder than what we are used to. The breakfast delivered to your room was definitely nice but not extravagant. We requested non-smoking room and it smelled of smoke somewhat. Did not have a nice new clean smell that we like in motels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank theKnottravelers
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary theKnottravelers! Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have been at Paradise Stream numerous times, often for an entire week, and are Forever Lovers. We had been saving up our Starwood Points to use for a future stay (and even went out and got a Starwood credit card). When we were at the resort in August, we forgot to book our return visit using the points. A few weeks later, we tried to book it and found out that we could no longer because Starwood had sold the property. Had we booked it in August, we were told it would have been honored. We think we should have been given some notice of this so we could have booked our future stay using our points. Disappointed.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bpt812
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience bpt812. I hope this does not hold you back from visiting us again in the future. We value our Forever Lovers and hope to see you at Paradise Stream soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Couples resort..Not a lot to do...just a place to getaway. Enjoyed the fortune teller who read our cards. Comedian wasn't great...didn't have a routine just asked the audience questions..Go for the relaxation and the food is decent. We stayed in a Garden of Eden Apple....very nice room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wnderw
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I wanted to go some where nice for our anniversary, because were are having really hard times, I lost my job in June and he lost his job shortly after. Long story short. We wanted to go some where really nice... Why not go to the Pocono....... expensive, but..the website looks really nice... Off we traveled for 4 to 5 hours.. We pull up to the door, my husband looking at me and I'm looking at him.. what we got ourselves into.. this is not what it looks like on the website.. so we go inside.. nice lobby, but the ladies in the front desk didn't have the best customer services... While my husband was paying for the room.....somone else was very unhappy with there room.. that was my first warning then... so we got the keys to our room... so were driving to the room and we saw all these ran down units... I mean Super 8 rooms looked better then these places on bad day .. I'm about in tears now.. my husband said not to worry... Lord and be hold!!!.. we walked in the door.. It felt like a freezer inside... and it smell like smokeeeeeeeeeee!!.. Which I had asked for a non-smoking room over the phone... the place looked as if it never had a make over..the Tv's was not flat screens,,,, the heart shaped tub look like if someone took an oatmel bath in it and didn't clean it out... and the rugs looked nasty... so I call the front desks.. they gave us another room which looked the same way and smelled the same way.. My getta way was not as I planned it to be.. I will NEVER EVER.. ADVISE MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS TO EVEN DRIVE PAST THIS DUMP.... Then I would have thought that I would have aleast rec'd a call or an even a email thanking us for coming or rating the service we rec'd... nope not even one.. Don't Do IT... Super 8 will atleast keep the night light on for you.. Waste of $300 bucks..

Room Tip: Don't go until this place is up graded...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Kanikka H
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

KanikkaH, I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience! We will talk to the Front Desk and Housekeeping about your concerns. Please understand that this is not normal. Our focus is customer service and a friendly staff to ensure that our guests enjoy their vacation in a comfortable and clean environment.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at Paradise Stream on our honeymoon 10 years ago in the Lakeside Villas. We came back for our 10 year wedding anniversary and had noticed some changes that were not for the better, but those came to be explained to us during our 3 night stay...

The staff were friendly upon check-in and offered us a free upgrade to a room with a pool which we turned down (we've stayed in those as well, and were really after the view from the Lakeside Villa which is STUNNING in the fall).

We were put in the same Lakeside Villa room we had stayed on our honeymoon - 221 - awww!! It was clean and tidy. I've read some of the complaints about rooms being too hot, etc... and we had the same problem, but looking at it logically when one has a shower and hot tub that is not closed off from the rest of the room that'll happen. We just opened the doors to the patio. One cannot really do that in the other rooms. The shower was large enough for two (more than enough room), the bed was UBER comfy (and clean), there were two TVs and a little table and chairs out on the patio. The furniture was in good condition and noticed no mold, no peeling wall paper, etc... The room was quite pristine. The only thing I really disliked about the room was that there was no wireless access there; only in the common areas (one of which is actually closed and locked from 6pm until noon the next day!). It made looking up fun things do to in the area very inconvenient.

I was pleased to see that they had, in the past 10 years, moved away from the "group" dining experience. We had a table for two, but the tables were crowded together. At Pocono Palace, I found their setup more intimate and tables spread out a bit more. Our waitress was obviously new, but didn't really do anything that brought any extra notice; she'll learn :-) The food was ok, but not what it used to be. Keeping in mind that we stayed mid-week perhaps they just don't try as hard until the weekend?

The breakfast was HORRIBLE - eggs were hard and dry. The cereal tasted like cardboard. Sorry guys; fail on this one!!

In my opinion, for a resort that prides itself on Honeymooners I expected a bit more than just a bare-bones hotel room; for instance - bubble bath or a fire log would have been nice. It's not a huge expense and would have been a small thing that would have gone a long way. I really wanted to order one of those adorable gift baskets but the prices were outrageous!!! We ended up going to the local grocery store/winery/dollar store and putting together the same basket for a quarter of the price. Also, we bought our own fire logs for the fireplace. I was also able to get better champagne, gourmet chocolates from a local chocolatier and some cute keepsake flutes - remember; all this for a quarter of the price. I would have LOVED to have all that delivered to me by staff at the hotel and truly make me feel like the Princess Of the Ball, but for the prices they were charging, we spent the money on going out on the town and having some dinner.

Finally, the amenities made me feel like this resort was starting to "wind down" which was sad. They used to have this monitor that scrolled honeymooners names and fun facts across it 24/7. The monitor was still there and just had a Microsoft Logo scrolling across the screen. I almost asked them if they'd like me to reboot their server for them! That was sad; I liked seeing all the names of the newlyweds and anniversary folks as well! The video games were either broken or uninteresting, the racquetball courts were turned into a half-assed gym and the other had some sort of football thing going on... not even sure what that's about. The firepit wasn't lit once while we were there (they probably would have if we'd asked though, to their credit). The pool and jacuzzis were fun but barren. In comparing it to Pocono Palace, Paradise Stream pales in comparison. But, they had plenty of other fun stuff; carriage rides (for a nominal fee), horseback riding nearby, some nightclub activities (it was great to see Merle still hammering away at the Newlywed Game!!) and the pool tables were decent so it's not an overall bust.

Overall, Paradise Stream is starting to show it's age; and I think in this economy and the prices they charge people just aren't coming. Soon, was my fear, that repairs may not be kept up with.

HOWEVER - in talking with some of the staff, we were told that they were recently bought by another company. We were actually present in the cafe while the Wells Fargo people took employee information and collection other info. We chatted with that same guy at the bar later; he was discreet but gave us hope. That's good news for our beloved honeymoon getaway!! Everyone we talked to on the staff was hoping for bigger and better things for the future and perhaps even having the closed facility revived.

I'm not trying to slam the place, I love it! I just want to give folks a well rounded idea of the things I observed while I stayed there (Oct 10 - 12). I'd recommend it and we'll be going back maybe for our 15 year and see what the new company has to offer!

Room Tip: The Champagne Towers are awesome as a novelty but Lakeside Villas offer better value, more ventilati...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melinda E

Thank you Melinda E for taking the time to share your experience with us and Happy Anniversary! Come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a great weekend at Paradise Stream Resort. We were celebrating a three year anniversary there. We had no complaints except the front desk staff was rude. Everyone else was wonderful, the food was good, the room was great. We stayed in Garden of Eden Apple and enjoyed it very much. They made up our room in the short time we were out of it, and we never saw them. Very clean and nice decor. Absolutely no problems of any kind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dedra C

Happy anniversary Dedra C! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will talk to the Front Desk about your experience with them. We want to make our guest feel comfortable with a friendly and accommodating staff. Come back and visit again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!