“Amazingly Awful. Highly Recommend Anywhere Else.”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Cleveland
“Amazingly Awful. Highly Recommend Anywhere Else.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Arrived on a Saturday, late afternoon, planning to stay for two to three days to celebrate my 30th birthday. While reading this, keep in mind that we are seasoned travelers, but our standards our really not that high. We simply wanted to get away, relax, and enjoy the area. But when you are shelling out $500/night, you expect at least decent accomodations. Upon arrival, I had a bad feeling but was trying to be hopeful. I noticed the run down basketball court with flat, old basketballs. When we went inside to check in, we were "greeted" by two serious, unhappy appearing women. I felt like I was checking into a roadside motel, NOT somewhere where we were dropping $500.00 plus PER NIGHT. On to the room...

We stayed in the Champagne Tower Room, and we were originally very excited to see the place. The minute we opened the door, that changed. The heater was on full blast at 86 degrees, and it took several minutes to cool the place down. There were cobwebs in a few corners, and there were bugs. Flying bugs, crawling bugs, and dead bugs. I know this is in a rural area, but they promote this place (and have the expensiveness) as a classy resort. There was also dust everywhere, and the TVs were way outdated. There was a dirty old BOSE stereo, but it's rather useless since the reception was bad in that area. The decor was creepy Egyptian themed wallpaper and the red carpet appeared old, water damaged, and just overall crusty. When we went to the second floor, the entire vanity and bathroom lights were not working. We had brought our own alcohol (after reading other reviews), and there was no ice available anywhere. We called the front desk and asked, they said they would bring ice and look at the lighting (or lack thereof). NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP. We went to the heart-shaped pool and got in, and when I looked over to the side of the pool, there were three brown hairs. Outstanding. We got and figured we would shower and get ready for dinner. While the room is spacious, the shower is so small and awkward, it feels like you are showering in a closet. And again, cleanliness was an issue as there was mildew in the shower.

At dinner, we were seated and tended to quickly. Our waitress was nice, but I noticed that after she took our order, another waiter approached her about 30 feet away from us, held a menu up and whispered in her ear while looking directly at us. Our waitress then turned and looked at us and he began laughing. Okay, one time is okay. However, later in the meal this dump of a hotel let there own employees sit down and have dinner. That's fine, as they were being quiet. UNTIL, this same waiter (who had his dress shirt half untucked and looked sloppy) came over to another male server (about 5 feet from us), bent down and whispered something in his ear. At this time, I was just watching for the other server to turn around. Sure enough, the other server turned around to look right at me. Any non-observant idiot would probably notice the weirdness that was going on. When we finished dinner, which by the way, was mediocre at best, we confronted the two serious women working the front desk. We pointed out the server in question, and they stated that he is new. We explained the situation, and they said, "okay". While we were walking away, they asked if we were going to see the entertainment, and they stated the first two drinks are on them.

We were excited to see the comedian for the evening, Mike Jones, because he was from Cleveland (where we live). I am all for fun and humor, but Mr. Jones went on, and on, and on, about how stupid cops are and how he is selling dime bags out of the trunk of his car after the show. As two career police officers, we are rather desensitized when it comes to cop jokes, or any jokes really....but enough was enough. We came here to relax and enjoy the environment, but this place was striking out and failing miserably. Also, we noticed that almost every other couple looked miserable. The people next to us looked so pitiful that we bought them drinks.

Back in our room, we began packing up as we knew we would likely be leaving in the morning. The a/c still was not cooling off the room from the earlier 86 degree setting, so it was rather warm all night. I pulled the mattress up to check the cleanliness, and underneath on top of the dust ruffle were several hairs, stains and crumbs. Clearly, the type of place you'd expect at $500.00/night. Still no ice and no bathroom/vanity lights. Neat. The next morning, we woke up out of the uncomfortable bed. We went to the front desk and politely informed the manager of the issues. We stated we will be checking out, and they refunded us a mere $100 dollars. Oh, and if you do decide to risk this and throw your money away, at least bring your own bubble bath for the champagne tower, because they don't provide any.

Room Tip: Champagne Towers are dirty, outdated, and generally awful.
8 Thank AVL1269
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I am extremely disappointed reading your review. Your dining room experience and housekeeping issues are unacceptable. I will be talking to both departments. We have a standard of exceptional guest service and I am sorry to hear this was not met.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Souderton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We recently stayed for the second time and loved every minute of it! We stayed in the Champaign Tower suite this time and it is gorgeous. I love the starlit ceilings. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get away and have a relaxing and romantic get away.

3 Thank Michle G
One more stay and you will be a Forever Lover Michle G! Thank you so much for the review!
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked this weekend with high hopes of Romance and Neverending memories. I most certainly got the Neverending Memories in Spades!!! I researched all the Pocono resorts on the internet much like YOU are doing now and really thought that Paradise Stream would be the absolute BEST place to propose marriage to my beautiful fiance. I was wrong!! From the very second we drove onto the property we felt an UNEASY vibe. The first thing we saw driving in was the CHEESY fake bear. What does the bear have to do with intimacy and romance?? At check in we were met by the most uncaring and generic front desk staff that we have EVER met. I would think that at over $ 500.00 a night that you should be met with smiles and cheer! Did Not Happen!! The deskstaff was matter of business and standoffish as would be expected at a fly-by-night motel. Trying to be positive in spite of a less than warm welcome we ATTEMPTED to find our way to our Suite. Once again the desk staff failed in quality guest service. We followed their directions to the Suite and found ourselves directly in front of the Gift Shop!! An accident perhaps? I don"t think so!! It was apparent that the Theme of the Resort was not Romance, but COMMERCE!! Moving on to the Suite. The first thing that we noticed as we opened the door was the FILTH and BUGS!! Dirty walls, carpeting, and ceilings. Crusty stained " Champaigne Tower " bath, and miniscule shower! Also, most of the lightbulbs in the Suite were burned out. Called the front desk to ask for a bucket of ice and lightbulbs and was told that help was on the way. Never Came. We then went to what they called Dinner. Burnt steak, Dry chicken, and HORRIBLE wait staff!! I've never been more sickened by the staff than I was here. Rude, Arrogant, Cold, Uncaring, and Juvenile! One of the waiters in the dining room found in neccesary to repeatedly make horribly negative comments about my fiance to other wait staff in a voice loud enough for the entire room to hear!! I was horrified at the response I got from the manager when I explained what had happened. The answer to the problem was to give us 2 free drinks at the Nightclub. WoW!! Really?? As to the Nightclub. The act was crude, rude unfunny, and offensive! The act was centered around Stupid police officers and Drug Dealing! Not Funny at all to my fiance and I who are both career police officers. Enough Said! We went back to our hovel of a room and packed our bags in anticipation of our flight from HELL!! We checked out of this Nightmare at 7 A.M. and never looked back. Please don't make the same EXPENSIVE mistakeI made! Do Not Book Here!!

Room Tip: Never Book Here!! Gross and Dirty!!
5 Thank Ben O
Ben O, I am truly sorry to hear about your experience at Paradise Stream with avl1269. I have read both of your reviews and I will be talking to our Team about these issues.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

You never know what your gonna get when you try something like this, but we went for it hoping for the best. Paradise Stream more than lived up to our expectations. It was a mini-honeymoon for us, so our expectations were pretty high. We only got to stay for one night, so we didn't get to do as much as we would've liked. The food was good, the rooms are set up really nice for a couple, and there's a lot to do. Much of it included with the price of the room. We didn't see the live entertainment, but were able to keep ourselves entertained in our room...
Don't forget to bring a swimsuit like we did. The indoor pool/jacuzzi area looks pretty cool.

Room Tip: The champagne hot tub rooms seem pretty expensive. We went with one of the cheaper cabins and it was...
1 Thank JoshS222
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for this great review JoshS222, Hopefully we will see you next time!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Don't listen to anyone that complains about the room. It was way more then enough room for 2 people. Yes the corners of the room was not 100% clean but I never been to anyplace that was. Not even my friends houses have every corner 100% clean.
I def say bring your own booze , fire wood and water (drinks, coffee) !!!! everything does have an extra fee on top of the price . Still had a good time, it rained the whole time and it was during the week. Not many couples there which was good and bad ..... We wanted to hang out but oh well ....
We would def like to try out another location

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ciz2676
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Stop by Cove Haven or Pocono Palace anytime ciz2676! Thanks for the review!!
Bristol, PA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner took me there for a weekend of relaxation...they insisted on booking us as Mr and Mrs even though I insisted we had two last names....ok...what gives?
The room smelled like a fireplace, and my asthma was kicking in. When I went to the front desk, I was greeted with derision by the two girls up front. Ok. I can handle a b*&%$- but she nearly made me cry. Two more rooms and I still couldn't breathe, and was told to go to dinner to "relax". Dinner was a gross buffet with institutional food on the line. By this time, I was ready to go home and sleep in a comfortable bed. TVs are old school...itty bitty, with dirty circular bed and shag carpeting form the year one.
We cancelled the reservation. Went home...I can breathe.....that place needs a major rehauling and leveling. It still smells from the flood that was up there in the 1970s with water damage. Mold everywhere.....where are these so called wonderful rooms people are talking about?
I think I'll go back to working 24/7- at least I can breathe.....

3 Thank PADancergrrl
I am truly sorry to hear about your experience at the Front Desk. We will be talking to them about this issue. Our priority is friendly and accommodating service.
Richfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It was such an amazing stay, the place was absolutely beautiful, although everything there was quite expensive, the activities that were included were so much fun to play. It was all together an amazing trip.

Room Tip: You always want to stay in the room that you can most afford and that truly speaks to you, The champ...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Glad to hear you had an amazing trip AmandaLee8181991! Thanks for sharing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!