Arrived on a Saturday, late afternoon, planning to stay for two to three days to celebrate my 30th birthday. While reading this, keep in mind that we are seasoned travelers, but our standards our really not that high. We simply wanted to get away, relax, and enjoy the area. But when you are shelling out $500/night, you expect at least decent accomodations. Upon arrival, I had a bad feeling but was trying to be hopeful. I noticed the run down basketball court with flat, old basketballs. When we went inside to check in, we were "greeted" by two serious, unhappy appearing women. I felt like I was checking into a roadside motel, NOT somewhere where we were dropping $500.00 plus PER NIGHT. On to the room...
We stayed in the Champagne Tower Room, and we were originally very excited to see the place. The minute we opened the door, that changed. The heater was on full blast at 86 degrees, and it took several minutes to cool the place down. There were cobwebs in a few corners, and there were bugs. Flying bugs, crawling bugs, and dead bugs. I know this is in a rural area, but they promote this place (and have the expensiveness) as a classy resort. There was also dust everywhere, and the TVs were way outdated. There was a dirty old BOSE stereo, but it's rather useless since the reception was bad in that area. The decor was creepy Egyptian themed wallpaper and the red carpet appeared old, water damaged, and just overall crusty. When we went to the second floor, the entire vanity and bathroom lights were not working. We had brought our own alcohol (after reading other reviews), and there was no ice available anywhere. We called the front desk and asked, they said they would bring ice and look at the lighting (or lack thereof). NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP. We went to the heart-shaped pool and got in, and when I looked over to the side of the pool, there were three brown hairs. Outstanding. We got and figured we would shower and get ready for dinner. While the room is spacious, the shower is so small and awkward, it feels like you are showering in a closet. And again, cleanliness was an issue as there was mildew in the shower.
At dinner, we were seated and tended to quickly. Our waitress was nice, but I noticed that after she took our order, another waiter approached her about 30 feet away from us, held a menu up and whispered in her ear while looking directly at us. Our waitress then turned and looked at us and he began laughing. Okay, one time is okay. However, later in the meal this dump of a hotel let there own employees sit down and have dinner. That's fine, as they were being quiet. UNTIL, this same waiter (who had his dress shirt half untucked and looked sloppy) came over to another male server (about 5 feet from us), bent down and whispered something in his ear. At this time, I was just watching for the other server to turn around. Sure enough, the other server turned around to look right at me. Any non-observant idiot would probably notice the weirdness that was going on. When we finished dinner, which by the way, was mediocre at best, we confronted the two serious women working the front desk. We pointed out the server in question, and they stated that he is new. We explained the situation, and they said, "okay". While we were walking away, they asked if we were going to see the entertainment, and they stated the first two drinks are on them.
We were excited to see the comedian for the evening, Mike Jones, because he was from Cleveland (where we live). I am all for fun and humor, but Mr. Jones went on, and on, and on, about how stupid cops are and how he is selling dime bags out of the trunk of his car after the show. As two career police officers, we are rather desensitized when it comes to cop jokes, or any jokes really....but enough was enough. We came here to relax and enjoy the environment, but this place was striking out and failing miserably. Also, we noticed that almost every other couple looked miserable. The people next to us looked so pitiful that we bought them drinks.
Back in our room, we began packing up as we knew we would likely be leaving in the morning. The a/c still was not cooling off the room from the earlier 86 degree setting, so it was rather warm all night. I pulled the mattress up to check the cleanliness, and underneath on top of the dust ruffle were several hairs, stains and crumbs. Clearly, the type of place you'd expect at $500.00/night. Still no ice and no bathroom/vanity lights. Neat. The next morning, we woke up out of the uncomfortable bed. We went to the front desk and politely informed the manager of the issues. We stated we will be checking out, and they refunded us a mere $100 dollars. Oh, and if you do decide to risk this and throw your money away, at least bring your own bubble bath for the champagne tower, because they don't provide any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Paradise Stream also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. Paradise Stream is located minutes from the highway and other regional entertainment, including the casino and outlet shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream