1,627 results
All reviewschampagne towerdiana's oasispocono palacelakeside villaround bedgarden of eden applebubble bathforever loversmy husband and iprivate poolheart shaped poolmassage tablefire logsbreakfast and dinnerget awayall you can eatromantic weekend
Reviewed February 14, 2008

We stayed at Paradise Stream in Mt Pocono last weekend in a Garden of Eden Apple suite. We checked in on Friday morning at 11:00 and were immediately given the key to our room and allowed to check in early. The front desk staff was pleasant and professional. After reading some of the reviews here, we were scared to open the suite door. To our relief, the room was wonderful. It was clean as a whistle, everything was in working condition, the in-room pool was a perfect temperature, etc. After about 30 minutes, the front desk called us to make sure everything was okay. We decided to go snowmobiling but due to lack of snow, we were confined to a small softball field of man-made snow and could only go in a circle, which was okay for about 5 minutes but then it became boring. We attended a cooking demonstration where we were given free Bloody Mary's and Thai Chicken wraps, both of which were delicious. Meals are communal - each table holds eight people. They don't allow you to sit by yourself. It wasn't bad - we met some nice people, made some small talk, not a big deal unless you really hate that kind of thing. Friday night was an "Italian Feast" -- let me say the food wasn't bad, it was just mediocre. The bruschetta app was good, the salad was okay but then, we were given a piece of cod, one piece chicken parmagiana, one canelloni, and one scoop of gnocchi. It was all kind of bland. SInce we've already paid for the food (it's "all inclusive"), we just ate what we wanted from the selection and had some deserts, which were good. We didn't see anyone coming around offering seconds on the food but we could have just missed that. The entertainment that evening was a band and a comedian. The band was fun -- it was like a high-end wedding band playing everything from oldies to Justin Timberlake. The comedian, however, was horrible...no, that doesn't even describe it. He was horrendous. Totally not funny, didn't even seem to have an act prepared. Just got up and started talking about whatever - jumping from subject to subject, telling the audience to yell out topics, most of which he had nothing remotely interesting to say about them. I've seen some bad comedians in my day, but this guy took the cake. They would have been better off just having the band play all night. The comedian cleared the room faster than if someone yelled "fire". The breakfast the next day was again, just mediocre, bordering on bad. The only really good part was the bacon. Saturday night dinner was Strip Night - it's steak night. The food on Saturday night was very good - appetizers, soup, salad, entree and deserts. I asked for porterhouse medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and the sides were also good. The only odd thing was, someone at the table asked for a container because they couldn't finish their steak and they were refused with no reason given. Just told "no, you can't do that." Now, we've paid an outrageous amount of money for these rooms with food included - if someone wants to finish their steak later, what's the big deal? We skipped the entertainment Saturday night, after being scared off by the previous night's comedian. We enjoyed a romantic evening in our room. The music system is pretty cool - it's a BOSE radio/CD - we brought our own CDs and the speakers worked all over the room, including closed off in room pool area. Overall, if you want to get away and have a romantic weekend and enjoy each other's company in the room, this is a great place. If you're looking for great food and Vegas style entertainment, you'll probably be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank aeh_07
Reviewed January 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple suite. The room was laid out well and had a nice feel to it. We had plenty of space but still felt cozy. We wanted to get away for the weekend to just relax. The suite served that purpose. There are no windows nor clocks in the suite so if you want to escape it is up to you. It was nice to sit in the jacuzzi and watch a movie. Be mindful that you have to dig out your old VHS tapes as there is not a dvd player. Bring cds as the room does have a bose player with speakers in each room that sounds great. Real nice to have hear it playing while in the pool. The in suite pool was great and really is the selling point for me. I do have a few complaints though. The rooms are a bit dated and worn and everything is not what it seems. I was disappointed that their web site showed certain amenities that were not present. One example being the blush beds with satin sheets. The sheets were old and cotton and the bed was soft and sagged, more than a little worn out. Go figure, anyway that was disappointing we were looking forward to a comfortable bed. The food is hit or miss. We ate at their Steak (Strip) Night. My wife’s meal was very good, however mine was unrecognizable and the couple next to us returned their meal twice and wound up choosing not to eat. They were offered a free drink to make up for it? The food could be and should be better considering the cost of the resort. But let’s face it most of us are not there for the food or the entertainment from decades past. I must say that the service was good. One tip if you order food or alcohol to the room it gets pricey, so take advantage of the in room refrigerator. I do not mean for this to be a negative review as I had a great time, just mentioning things so you are not surprised. If you are looking to spend a night or two with your significant other that is out of the ordinary, this is the place.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rob_from_LI
Reviewed January 13, 2008

We stayed in the Champagne Towers and loved it! The room was great! We read the reviews and knew what to expect. The rooms could use some updating in décor, but overall the room was great. We enjoyed our meal. Our steaks were fantastic. I highly recommend this resort. It is worth every cent in what affect it can have on your marriage.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Whitehall123
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I put together this letter to direct management and would like to share with everyone:

To Whom It May Concern:

My letter to you is a formal complaint for how disgruntled, disappointed and saddened my husband & I were due our Christmas/
Birthday vacation at your resort. I would like to highlight some areas I found most appalling that we witnessed during our stay and truly hope that you make necessary changes to these areas.

My husband originally made arrangements with your customer service to stay at the Pocono Palace but was persuaded by your customer service to stay at Paradise Stream due to having “newer rooms”.
We drove nine hours, from our home location in Newport News, Virginia for a romantic Christmas/Birthday vacation at your facility.

We were told the Champagne Towers was the BEST Room and this is what your BEST room had to offer us – there were rusted, broken tiles in the ceiling, a broken headboard, dirty floors, a dirty shower floor and a dirty floor in your Champagne Glass bathtub – not to mention that your Champagne Towner bathtub was “unstable”. The plexiglass around the Champagne Tower was also cracked down the side. The ceiling above our bed was due to have a celestial ceiling – only three of the lights were working! There were numerous smear marks on the mirrors around the room. Your room offered the smallest TV’s that were incredibly old and a fridge (that was also incredibly old as well) that was dirty.
Not only that, but your room did not have a coffee maker and microwave and even the smallest hotel chain room offers those amenities!
This room was NOT clean at all; it even had a strong, foul odor upon entering, not to mention that these damaged items found in the room were witnessed within our first ten minutes of entering the room.
This room seemed as if it was still modeled when it was built, back in the 1970’s and we were told this was an upgraded, “newer” room. There was nothing upgraded or new about it! We were beside ourselves by this time and left before we found anymore issues.

We immediately communicated our issues to your CSR at the front desk and were offered to check out other rooms at a cheaper rate to which we wanted to give your facility the benefit of the doubt and agreed. Management took my husband and me out to see other rooms in your Guest Services Van – and the van was unbelievably filthy – it was littered with wrappers, food crumbs, dirt, and rocks and an uninviting odor of dirtiness.

We decided to be accommodated into Garden of Eden room – though your Garden of Eden room was an “upgrade” in comparison to your Champagne Towers, the sauna room had engravings of other couples names – the kind of graffiti you find on public restrooms. The mirrors around the pool were broken (at the bottom) and the two pillars that separate the bedroom from the living room were either scuffed or rotted away. The red heart shaped bathtub had a dirty floor bottom – we decided to stick to the “stand-up” shower.

Due to all the switching of rooms and upset, we missed the “activity time” for snow-mobiling (11am – 3pm) that we feel should not have a time limit on it – it should be open to all to use anytime, especially when instances like this happen.

For dinner (and breakfast), we were surprised to find that we had to sit with other couples at a table of eight, and I feel that ruins the privacy of couples.
To our surprise, FIVE couples that we sat with over the course of the weekend complained about their stay and room in the Champagne Towers – one couple was Honeymooning and found used “sex” toys in their room the day they arrived!

Your wait-staff in the dining room were a mess – their uniforms and grooming - untidy and unkempt – their professionalism was poor.

We were very disappointed of your “Game” and “Work-Out Area” – I could not believe that there were three treadmills next to three pool tables – it is quite uncomfortable to “work out” directly in front of couples playing pool and arcade games. That type of equipment should be kept in an entirely different room.

Sunday morning, we took benefit of the breakfast in bed – the sausage, pancakes, French toast and bacon were completely piled together, our tea was cold, and the cereal was delivered with no milk!

Sunday, it poured with rain all day and we were unable to snow-mobile. During which time, we checked out the other Pocono areas (Brock Haven and Pocono Palace) which seem so much nicer than Paradise Steam and have a lot more amenities to offer their guests. Paradise Steam looks incredibly “run down” compared to these two locations and I do not see how there was even a thought of persuasion between the two facilities (Paradise Steam over Pocono Palace).

I was disappointed by our “salad” for our Saturday evening dinner – it was a head of iceberg lettuce, sliced in half with a few tomato cubes on it. That was it. When asked for Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing or Italian, I was given the Vinegar bottle.

Due to the heavy rain Sunday evening, the ceiling tiles in the lounge and nightclub area were leaking with rain water. Two ceiling tiles had fallen through and broke into pieces in the lounge area and were left there, scattered on the floor. There was a large trashcan in the middle of the walk-way, catching rain water that was leaking through the ceiling. The CSR’s at the front desk told us that the “Survivor Game” in the Nightclub area would be cancelled due to the leakage – in which time we went straight home for the night.

Monday was a lot colder which froze the remaining snow and rain into ice, which we were once again, unable to snow-mobile. We immediately checked-out that morning.

Overall, I’m most alarmed by your Pocono resort website – I find this a complete false misrepresentation on what you have to offer – your rooms do NOT look even close to what you advertise and I’m completely saddened of how you rip customers off by doing this. A high price should be well worth it and even your discounted rate that we were offered was not worth what we went through. I find it very unfair to offer this type of resort to couples and this really saddens my husband & me. We will never return to your facility and we will make sure we let everyone we know of our stay at your facility this Christmas season.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank DEEGAN377
Reviewed December 26, 2007

My husband and I have been to all of the Caesar's Resorts (except Brookdale) many times - we've always had a great time. We hadn't been since 2004 and were very much looking forward to returning.

The front desk staff are wonderful and the lobby, restaurant and nightclub have undergone renovations - very nice. We received a booklet of activities for the day and off we went to our first: couples massage lessons, which were great.

We booked the Garden of Eden Apple - our favorite room. It was spotless and everything was in good condition. We used the pool (also great) and the sauna. However, when we went to bed for the night, I had trouble sleeping. The bed was hard as a rock, giving me a backache and the pillows made my neck hurt. At 4am, I finally called the front desk, asking to be switched to another room and was specifically interested in the Lakeside Villa. They told me that it was impossible for them to check availability and to call back in the morning. As I said, I'm in the travel/hotel industry so I know for a fact that checking availability is indeed a task that is not only quick but can be done easily and at any time. These people were just plain lazy. My husband called back a second time and miraculously, they were now able to check and a room was available so we moved rooms at 4:30am.

After we switched, everything was great. The Lakeside Villa is the only way to go!!!! True, you lose the pool, which is an amenity that my husband and I love but what you get in exchange is well worth it. This includes a comfy, regular bed, a beautiful view of the lake with a terrace (though we didn't use it b/c it was cold) and one of the most beautiful bathrooms I've ever seen with beautiful tile, granit countertops, a HUGE shower and the renowned heart-shaped jacuzzi. We absolutely loved this room.
(Note: there is a mirror above the bed....lots of fun if you're into that.)

The next day we sat down to breakfast and received menus with a decent array of food choices. I asked for a yogurt parfait and was told "we don't have that yet. The menu is new." Again, being in the service-industry and especially since this is a three-star resort, that just isn't acceptable by hospitality standards. You don't hand someone a menu and then tell them that you never have something that's on it. The menu also says they have fresh fruit but I was given canned pears -- also not up to standards of a 3-star hotel. I was debating saying something to the manager about the difficult time we were given switching rooms but when this food thing happened, I decided it was time to say something so I did. The manager was quite surprised to hear all of this and said he'd get back to me soon. I came back to my room to get a message from him saying that my accommodations for the night would be comp'd and he apologized - said this is not the way they do business. I give him credit for that...from a hotel perspective, it was the right thing to do when a guest was given a hard time by hotel staff.

Dinner that night was great, as was the first half of the evening entertainment - a comedian who was hilarious!!! However, the act that followed (another comedian) was awful. But that's just my opinion. They also served flaming apples jubilee at the show which was good. The following day we were greeted for breakfast by the same server. The food was okay, nothing great but the presentation of it was poor. Although we did breakfast in bed in prior years, we didn't do it this time around so I can't write about it from a first-hand perspective. I did hear others say it arrived cold though. I know many people have complained about sitting with strangers but my husband and I always liked it and still do. It's fun. Try it.

I don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking but rather, trying to give you an honest perspective from someone whose career is in this field. That said, I would note the following things:

Rooms: Definately book the Lakeside Villas! I can't say that enough.

We heard stories from other guests about ants in their rooms (specifically the champagne towers). While I still find this unacceptable, those rooms are located far away from the others and in the woods.

Service: If you are unhappy, say something!!! You can't blame a hotel for having a problem - it happens. But in the end, its about how the hotel rectifies the problem. In this case, I think they did an excellent job, and I'm not one to seek out freebies.

Organized activities: Can't really say much; didn't do them. We like the rooms too much. =)

Meals: Hit or miss. The second night was definately better than the first. If you're used to fast-paced service, you'll be disappointed. But we liked it - dinner would be 1.5 hours or so (includes appetizer course, salad, main, dessert). It was slow and leisurely and relaxing...exactly what a vacation should be. We didn't come there to be rushed in and out.

All in all, I'd stay again. People go for the rooms and they are well worth it!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple