Like most people that rely on tripadvisor I was torn as to if this is a good option. The good reviews are very good and there are a lot of them and the poor reviews create a lot of concern. We dediced to just go for it and we are happy that we did. The staff was excellent and very accomodating. I would like to point out one person in particular which is Lillie. She went above and beyond to make sure that our expectations were met and she had a big influence on making our trip a plesant one. You are a true asset to your company! We booked the trip thru the starwood web site which had an impact on bringing the cost down. I thought that the best way to write this review would be with pros and cons......
Very Accomodating staff that go above and beyond to take care of the guests.
Rooms (ours had a private pool)clean, comfortable and a nice place to enjoy romantic time with your loved one.
Ammenities - Enough to do for 24 hours to relax and also keep busy.
The band M80 was excellent and sounded great.
Food was not exceptional but was good enough. There was enough to eat between breakfast, coctail hour, and dinner to not need to buy your own food.
Merle -one of the event people was a total tool. We have the most broad sense of humor but he was flat out mean to some of the guests and his jokes were not even funny. I think more people were hurt by his words than humored. You really need to get rid of that guy. He hurts the resort more than he helps. He never said anything offensive to us but we could see the hurt on some of the guests that he singled out.
It was raining on Friday which is out of the resorts control but it would have been nice to be able to walk to everything. We needed to drive around the resort to attend different activities.
Some of the activities need updating. The shuffle board and archery was in rough shape. We enjoyed takeing the paddle boats and row boats out but it is really a pond not a lake. Would be a little bit better if was an actual lake.
Cost- I agree with a previous reviewer how the cost is just too high for a night in the poconos. If they were able to create a better value it would benefit the resort (more people spending money on drinks) and create better night life for the guests. I understand the need for profit margins but as the attendance indicated... it is too expensive and I think that is a turn off for people. Maybe they could create value weekends that would make it more appealing for couples that are looking for an AFFORDABLE quick get away to spend time together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is a couples-only hotel in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains that offers all-inclusive packages for romantic getaways. We have on-site activities and are near skiing and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream