“Great Couple's Retreat!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our first trip to Paradise Stream Resort. We had stayed at Cove Haven in January '11. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.... staff was great and accommodations were very. Lots of activities are are available for those couples looking to get out of their rooms... planning a return trip this winter!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank RNoel11
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

RNoel11, we can’t wait to have you back this winter!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I went to the Poconos for a 3 day getaway. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke and was very outdated...unlike the pictures on their website. Instead of being given another room housekeeping came and sprayed some stuff and told us that the stuff bothers her allergies. Not very professional to say that. The "activities" were very lacking. The arrows for archery were missing the feathers making the arrows hard to aim, the basketballs were flat and there is a cement drain in the middle of the pond. The food was mediocre and neither of us felt good after dinner. The bed was also very hard and uncomfortable. We had a 3 day trip scheduled but checked out within 24 hrs because the stay was so un-enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stayed in the champagne tower. The idea is neat but the room was very outdated and smelled of an old...
5  Thank Chris B
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Chris B, I am very sorry this was your experience with us.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I went to the Poconos for a weekend getaway. The Paradise Stream Resort is an unbelievably expensive all inclusive couples resort. Breakfast and dinner are included, but the food was so bad that my wife and I were unable to eat our meals. The rooms are clean, but are very cheesy and are extremely out dated. This hotel is nothing more than a glorified motel. The only redeeming part of the stay was the entertainment, which was actually quite good. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We only stayed one night and immediately checked out the next day. I would recommend if you are staying in the area to check out the Mount Airy Resort and Casino, which was a million times better and about 1/4 of the price.

5  Thank Eric L
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I’m sorry to hear this Eric L. We would like to hear more about your experience and your thoughts for improvement. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I would highly recommend Paradise stream the rooms r up too date and fantastic and the staff r very friendly I would never stop coming here this iS my second home and there is a lot too do while you r there me and my wife stay is well worth it I had no complaints :)

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank randy1610
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments randy1610!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We got married in a small church close by& our whole wedding party.3 other couples stayed too. We had a relaxing, fun time. It was Oct.10 & trees were gorgeous. I think we might come back this year.Is it to late to book 4 an Oct. stay.I know since our anniversary falls on Columbus wkend its pretty busy. We really liked the staff,and the fact that you were close to alot of activities. Is the riding stable still in operation nearby. You can also choose to lay around & do a whole lotta nothing & its so peaceful. Loved the champagne tub. That was so cute.

Room Tip: We were in the champagne suite. which was adorable. My friends all stayed in the cabins by the lake...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna K
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Donna K, we’re glad that you had wonderful time with us! You are always welcome, and it is not late to book for your 4th of October stay. Also, the riding stable is still in operation. We’ll look forward to seeing you in October!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and myself checked into the resort without any problems, They took cash which was great! We stayed in the CLEOPATRA CHAMPAIGN GLASS room and it was breath taking. It was clean, the n door pool was clean, and the jacuzzi was refreshing. Dinner was OK not as good as the food at the Cove Haven resort. Our CXO (chief excitement officer) was cool and knew us on a first named basis, definite plus!! Overall our stay was Great. We celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary and everyone knew it!!! The staff was cordial and always smiling. Looking forward to retuning again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little more money to get the great room! It is worth the $$
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Washingtons01
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Washingtons01—I am very happy to hear that you had such an amazing experience with us! We will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I didn't know what to expect after reading the mixed reviews here but I have to say it was definitely a very pleasant stay. I mean, being completely honest, when you are booking a "romantic/cheesy" hotel in the Poconos, you can't expect to get 5-star food and the most modern-looking place. What was most important to us was that the place was clean and that it was. Honestly, where else can you reserve a room with a fireplace, pool AND jacuzzi/and have breakfast and dinner for less than 600 bucks for the entire weekend? Not many places nowadays.

The food was obviously not the greatest but it was decent enough (think of wedding reception food) and there were enough options (appetizers/salad/entrees of beef, chicken, seafood/ dessert options). We booked the Jacuzzi Suite and ended up being upgraded to the Diana Oasis. As I was reading the reviews here, every single TripAdvisor member that booked the Jacuzzi Suite got upgraded so that's definitely something to think about. Do the jacuzzi suites even exist?? I would suggest booking a Jacuzzi Suite because chances are you'll get upgraded too (don't hold me to this because it might not happen but reading all the reviews it's happened to everyone who's written here!!). In any case, it was great for us because we got a room with a pool in it and it was fabulous.

All in all, if you want a quick getaway you really can't go wrong with this place. As I mentioned before...Fireplace, pool, jacuzzi, breakfast, dinner...how can you not enjoy all of these things??

1  Thank Chrysma
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!