“Judge for yourself”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I read many reviews prior to our trip that was Saturday Jan. 21, 2012. I am glad I did not cancel due to the negative reviews.

Rooms: We stayed in one of the apple rooms. There was a heart shaped hot tub, pool, round bed, fireplace in bedroom and sauna. The room was clean. There was not a odor of chlorine from the pool as other people had complained about. There is a plastic cover over the pool that other people complained about..this cover is to keep the water warm..no big deal..take it off prior to using. There are two tv's and yes..they are not flat screens...who cares. They worked and besides that....why would you be watching tv anyway...you are suppose to be getting romantic with your loved one. The bed is slightly harder mattress then my bed at home so, it was not quite as comfortable. Take your own fire logs that you can buy at Walmart and candles. Take water or soda to store in the mini fridge. There are no windows in these rooms but it did not bother us. Many reviews said that the rooms were outdated. These rooms were decorated in white and red...not my favorite however; it is suppose to look like something Greek. It is not my personal style of decorating but, I was not there to critique the decorating...I was there to reconnect with my husband. This room did the trick...It was over the top romantic with the pool, hot tub, fireplace.

Activities: The resort offers activities such as horse carriage rides, shows every night and snowmobiling. We only went for one night so, we did not get to enjoy all they had to offer.

Restaurant: The food was excellent. Some of the reviews talk about the salad being awful. They serve a wedge salad. No matter where you go a wedge salad consists of a wedge of iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing. The salad here was a wedge salad and was good. The steaks were wonderful and cooked just right. The ice cream bar for dessert was delicious. Restaurant is clean. Only comment would be that they should put pictures on the walls and flowers on the table to make the environment more pleasant. Alchohol is not included but is comparable in price to a bar. Alot of people compained on reviews about this being all-inclusive except you have to pay for the alchol. Cruise ships operate the same way. Except on a cruise you also have to buy a soda pass for the week which costs an additional $60 per person.

Price: I agree with all of the other reviews it is expensive. It is double the price of staying at a four star hotel for one night. It does include your food so, technically, it is around $100 more per night then a four star hotel. You are paying for the luxury of having a pool, fireplace, and hot tub in your room. I felt it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Terry W
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

You said it perfectly Terry W – ‘over the top romantic’. So happy to hear you were able to reconnect with your husband! Thank you for the excellent review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I have been to all the Cove Haven Resorts and we like them all. Some of the buildings are a little out dated but there are also a lot of them that have been updated. They seem to do it a little at a time which I understand because it can be costly and times are tuff. Also, they try not to inconvience their customers while they do them.

With this said, my husband and I love them all. Yes we have had a few issues, but whenever we have they have always been fixed and the staff has always be very helpful. (Have been probably 20 times) We enjoy participating in the activies but they may not be for everyone. The food has always been good. There is always more than one choice and there has never been a night when I was unable to find something to eat. I have allergies and they have always been great in making sure steps were taken to prevent them.

The room we stay in is great. We love the Garden of Eden Apple and believe it to be the best room there is. It has plenty of room, updated tv's, great pool just for two (it's really not to swim in anyway), plenty of clorine to make sure all the germs are killed, a sauna perfect for two, a very spacious bathroom (which we love), it also is the only room that has the fireplace in the bedroom (which is our favorite feature of all). Breakfeast in bed was good at the Paradise stream last time we were there as they were serving hot breakfeast the way it was when we first started going. We are not really fond of the breakfeast sandwiches (my allergies to eggs) I am not really able to order anything but a plain bacon sandwhich. ( not very good).

We love the paddle boating in the summer (while it is much better at the other two resorts because of the lakes being bigger). We love to play shuffleboard (even though we aren't very good) and we love to play the Bocci Ball (which I had never heard of before). The bon fires at night are great and romantic. There is always a fire lit at night near the pool area and it's great to sit out there if only for a few minutes. The Lakeside Villa was a nice room too. We stayed in it for the first time on our last visit. I missed the pool but loved playing games with my husband on the balcony until late at night. (we've always been a couple who could enjoy ourselves just by being together).. .. Please try it out. You might just find you love it.

Room Tip: Enjoy the company of eachother and don't go there looking for trouble.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vacritter2000
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for the review vacritter2000. We always appreciate hearing from you and we love having you stay with us!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had always wanted to stay in one of those kitschy champagne glass whirlpool tub places, and so my husband delivered with an early 2012 weekend getaway. We stayed in the Cleopatra Tower suite with heart shaped heated pool, wood burning fireplace, "star-lit" ceilings (with mirrors) - and of course, the champagne glass whirlpool. Sure, the place is obviously dated - but everything was clean and in working order. I never expected the food to be so terrific (but it was) and the weekend was a blast. Walking the grounds, playing table-tennis and pinball, taking a drive to the Mt. Airy Casino...but mostly, relaxing by the fire and enjoying our four-level romance suite. We can't wait to escape to this resort again - maybe in the summer when the outdoor pool and Tiki bar will be open.

Room Tip: Once you try Cleopatra's suite, I don't think the others would compare favorably! (But I do...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrendaV

We love to hear that you’ll be coming back BrendaV.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I went to paradise stream resort for Christmas weekend and the resort did not disappoint. We decided on paradise stream because of the romance factor and the fact that the resort was all inclusive.. Who would turn down all inclusive? Lol. Anyways initially we were to stay one night and we booked Diana's oasis let me tell you it is an awesome room. Heart shaped jacuzzi with starlit ceiling, private pool and round bed(bed was super comfty). Since it is a couples resort what couple would want to leave their suite esp when it's soo romantic and cozy. My husband and I left only for the gift shop wink wink. The staff was super attentive and food was great. We missed our sit down dinner and staff was great enough to accommodate and send us to the cafe for sandwiches. I had the cheesesteak and husband had chicken sandwich. Portions are huge and food was delicious. Taking all that into consideration we decided to stay a 2nd night and got a free upgrade to cleopatras towers for an even lower price than Diana's oasis. The manager was very attentive and we really appreciated the upgrade. Cleopatras tower is huge. Even though I preferred Diana's oasis (it's newer and room color is warm, beigey, cleopatra is purples and 80's) we loveddd the champagne tower and used it a lot. It was very romantic and the pool is much bigger than Diana's oasis. The 2nd night we had done the Christmas sit down dinner. I had the shrimp and chicken (very good) and husband had the lobster pasta and we literally had to dig around for the lobster meat.. If there was any lol. Honestly I prefer the cafe for sandwiches and their mozzarella sticks. The resort has good activities but most of it seemed like it was for the summer time. We wanted to fish and do archery but both were outside activities. They do bingo and offer appetizers but def seemed for the older couples. (hubby and I are mid 20s) Overall good resort and good food. Rooms are clean and staff is very attentive and manager is very good and attentive to clients needs. We are looking forward to our next romantic getaway. Hopefully by valentines day hint hint to my husband :)

• Stayed: December 2011
10  Thank TeamFernandez
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for the review TeamFernandez. Hopefully we’ll see you for Valentine’s Day!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Just came back from my stay at Paradise Stream with hubby. I stayed for 3 nights/4 days. A bit cheesy, but definately wonderful. I loved the fact that the rooms did not have any windows definately romantic because you were not aware of the time. The only problem that I had was with the television, definately outdated and had lines. We tried to get maintaince to repair it, but after trying several minutes realized that it was not going to get any better. No flat screens here, but who cares. I was disappointed that there wasn't a dvd player, refigerator but there was a VCR!!! Who goes there for the tv lol. The room was beautiful, I believe it was called the Garden of Eve Apple, something like that. The food was so so, many others complained, but I had a great time. There were alot of activities and very peaceful and romantic. I would suggest that you buy your logs from Walmart right up the street and bring your own candles and bubble bath. Drinks are not included so bring your own. By doing this you will save 50%. If you want any movies, bring a DVD player from home. NO INTERNET in the ROOMS!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own logs, no internet and your own dvd player
4  Thank momof4onthego

Glad you had a ‘very peaceful and romantic’ time and happy to hear that you’ll be returning to the Land of Love! Very sorry to hear about the television and I hope that our maintenance team was able to help you out.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4day/3night stay in at Paradise Stream. Bottom line is that we had a BLAST! I was leery about booking this because of the expense but it was so worth it.

ROOM
We stayed in Diana's Oasis and loved the indoor pool feature. We used it quite often. The heart shaped jacuzzi was also really nice but remember a little bit of bubbles go a long way! My only complaint is that the bed wasn't very comfortable.

FOOD
The food was yummy and you get plenty. All 3 days we had breakfast in bed and I'm not sure why so many people recommend not to get this because it was good (especially the french toast). We went to the garden party in the lounge to play bingo everyday and all of the hors d'oeuvres were absolutely delicious. Dinner and dessert was also very good but we found ourselves not very hungry by that time because we had also brought snacks for lunchtime. So I would suggest NOT bringing snacks that you'll be tempted to eat because you might spoil your dinner.

DRINKS
We brought our own alcohol to avoid spending money since it's not included. However, we did still get drinks periodically and all of them were very good and the prices not too bad. I especially recommend the passion potion, electric watermelon and apple jolly rancher.

ENTERTAINMENT
We enjoyed the comedians that performed and the bands were very good except for the fact that they just didn't play the type of music that I'd particularly like to dance to which I think is because most of the crowd was older than us. We are in our early-mid 20's and there were a few couples our age, but most were 40+ Don't expect a crazy party atmosphere.

OTHER
We loved the fact that there were so many activities being offered throughout the day. The CXO's are hilarious and make them so much fun, bingo and horse racing was a blast! All of the staff were very friendly, especially Merle and Reika who hosted the activities. As others have said, it's not modern at all especially on the outside of the buildings. But don't let that fool you, it really is great!

I highly suggest this place. Looking forward to going back!

***Be sure to ask them if they do extended checkouts. I did this and they let us stay until 12 instead of 11!

4  Thank JKBarnett88
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

LOVE to hear that you had a blast JKBarnett88!! And so happy to hear you’ll be visiting us again. See you soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife and I just returned yesterday from a four day-three night stay; it was exceptional. What I was particularly impressed about were the two entertainment specialists, Rieka&Merle, on staff; they were both energetic and enthusiastic. Energetic because they seem to be available from 11am-12midnight; enthsusiastic because they kept couples engaged in many of the activites they offer at the resort. It was different than being given a map and saying this is over there.... These individuals made the moments more magical and I thank them. Dining was intimate and the make your own sundaes were an added treat. I am already looking forward to next year's getaway.

1  Thank ian b
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Thank you for the excellent review ian b! I’ll be sure to share it with Merle and Rieka. See you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!