I read many reviews prior to our trip that was Saturday Jan. 21, 2012. I am glad I did not cancel due to the negative reviews.
Rooms: We stayed in one of the apple rooms. There was a heart shaped hot tub, pool, round bed, fireplace in bedroom and sauna. The room was clean. There was not a odor of chlorine from the pool as other people had complained about. There is a plastic cover over the pool that other people complained about..this cover is to keep the water warm..no big deal..take it off prior to using. There are two tv's and yes..they are not flat screens...who cares. They worked and besides that....why would you be watching tv anyway...you are suppose to be getting romantic with your loved one. The bed is slightly harder mattress then my bed at home so, it was not quite as comfortable. Take your own fire logs that you can buy at Walmart and candles. Take water or soda to store in the mini fridge. There are no windows in these rooms but it did not bother us. Many reviews said that the rooms were outdated. These rooms were decorated in white and red...not my favorite however; it is suppose to look like something Greek. It is not my personal style of decorating but, I was not there to critique the decorating...I was there to reconnect with my husband. This room did the trick...It was over the top romantic with the pool, hot tub, fireplace.
Activities: The resort offers activities such as horse carriage rides, shows every night and snowmobiling. We only went for one night so, we did not get to enjoy all they had to offer.
Restaurant: The food was excellent. Some of the reviews talk about the salad being awful. They serve a wedge salad. No matter where you go a wedge salad consists of a wedge of iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing. The salad here was a wedge salad and was good. The steaks were wonderful and cooked just right. The ice cream bar for dessert was delicious. Restaurant is clean. Only comment would be that they should put pictures on the walls and flowers on the table to make the environment more pleasant. Alchohol is not included but is comparable in price to a bar. Alot of people compained on reviews about this being all-inclusive except you have to pay for the alchol. Cruise ships operate the same way. Except on a cruise you also have to buy a soda pass for the week which costs an additional $60 per person.
Price: I agree with all of the other reviews it is expensive. It is double the price of staying at a four star hotel for one night. It does include your food so, technically, it is around $100 more per night then a four star hotel. You are paying for the luxury of having a pool, fireplace, and hot tub in your room. I felt it was worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is a couples-only hotel in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains that offers all-inclusive packages for romantic getaways. We have on-site activities and are near skiing and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream