“Great rooms, but the food can be improved.”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My wife and I visited Paradise Stream on Sept. 24-26. We stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple. It is a large room. Very clean. The A/C does not work that well...took a long time to cool the room. The TV had some issues at first, until I call the front desk to get maintenance to resolve it. Other than those small things, the room was great.

We went to bingo shortly after arrival and ate some appetizers. The shrimp and chicken was not so good. Also the steak on strip night was so-so. I expected better food for the price we were paying per night.

The entertainment was awesome. Group De Jour is so versatile. They actually got my wife and I on the dance floor....and we never dance! The comedian was OK....I see why he was a warm up act. He needs to work on his material.

The breakfast was OK, nothing special. The pastries were great. Not sure if they are made in-house, but they taste great. Your CXO Merle is very good. He made our stay a lot of fun.

Dinner Sunday night a bit bland. I feel that you should take more time on the food. A little more attention would improve things.

The stay was great, except for the food. We are planning on staying at one of the other properties soon, so we will see if there are any differences.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool, it will make the stay a lot more fun!!!
2  Thank mrkjellis28
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for the review. I will be sure to share this with Merle and our Chefs. And we look forward to welcoming you at Cove Haven or Pocono Palace!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I know that statement is easier said than done considering the COST of staying in the Poconos. But I can assure you that if you go with an open mind, you will enjoy yourself! We hastily booked our 1yr anniversary and only once we booked did we realize we hadn't read up on any reviews. I started to read them and was HORRIFIED. Bad service, Bad food, and unclean atmosphere made us feel like we needed to be prepared for mold, mildew, dirt, etc. We were downright SCARED. I decided to follow the advice from another reviewer and just bring some cleaning supplies with me and of course, bring along our open minds. We were so very happy with our stay at Paradise Stream Resort!! We stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple Suite with our heart shaped jacuzzi tub (oblong, so you can stretch your legs out a bit) and our in-suite triangular pool was wonderful. We also had a dry sauna which we ended up not using, but it was clean! Our only complaint was there wasn't really enough water pressure in the shower but in my opinion, that is something easy to get over. It was everything we had wanted for our honeymoon cruise but never got there, so we are so glad we took a chance on This resort! Worth every single penny spent. If you get a chance to book a weekend trip when Billy Lombardi and Group Du Jour is playing, do it!!! They are an incredibly talented cover band! Thank you Paradise Stream for creating a place where my husband and I can go and nurture the love and the bond we found when we first met!

Room Tip: We took a tour of the rooms with other couples and found that the Lakeside Villas weren't that t...
1  Thank aimeedarling

Happy anniversary aimeedarling! Great photos – thanks for sharing!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed this past weekend (Fri., 09/23-Sun., 09/25/11). We've been to Paradise Stream numerous times in the past (Forever Lovers) but have not been there in awhile. Wanted to plan a quick getaway and booked this trip a few days prior. Didn't have a problem booking the room we wanted (Lakeside Villa).

Room: Lakeside Villa -- I think this is the best room choice at this resort. You have access to the outside via a covered porch that the other rooms do not have. However, this room doesn't have a pool. This wasn't a problem with us because we stayed in the other rooms previously and a pool wasn't a big priority for us this time. The bed was sooooo comfy, really enjoyed it. Room attendant should really come around earlier - had to wait to use the jacuzzi tub on Saturday until after 3pm. A little disappointing....

Food: Breakfast -- Can request made to order eggs but you have to ask the wait staff for them. First day (Saturday) had a great waiter everything came on time - didn't have to wait for my eggs - hubby did the buffet breakfast. Second day (Sunday) waited so long for my eggs that hubby was finished with his breakfast before mine came. Really slow waiter (probably because he looked like he didn't want to be there). Lunch -- Extra cost which wasn't bad...have to try the kettle chips really good. They also have fresh made popcorn for free in the cafe. Dinner -- Italian night (Friday), mussels and clams were really good. Other things were a little heavy on the salt but OK. Steak night (Saturday), can anyone say....horrible....we both ordered the ribeye steak, 1st bite was full of grizzle...we cook steak all the time and don't have that problem...just a bad cut of meat. Maybe next time we'll try the chicken. Don't really understand why they would list it as strip night and not really have a good cut of steak...just my opinion.

All around nice place to do a quick get away.....but don't expect too much - it is what it is....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for the review. So glad you loved the Lakeside Villa. Next time, don’t hesitate to call the Front Desk if you’d like Housekeeping earlier. And I’ll be sure to share your feedback with our Chefs.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this resort. It is not for younger couples. The majority of the guest that I saw were 40+ in age. Stayed in a Garden of Eden Apple suite. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The decor was not as tacky as I was expecting but it definitely was dated. I think the room may have been altered when the pools were put in. Everything in the bedroom and living room seemed to be off set. The heart jacuzzi was okay but, the pool was great. It was larger than expected. I suggest bringing extra beach towels from home. You will need them. The room did smell a bit musty. However, you are surrounded by a stream, lake and woods. There will be moisture in the room. There is a swimming pool and you will drip on the carpet. Took the suggestion of another review and we went to the local store approximately 1 mile down the road. We about an air freshner and placed it on the air conditioner and you didn't notice the musty smell. We also bought snacks, paper plates, paper products, plastic glasses and a bottle of wine. Bring your own cork screw. Alcoholic drinks are not included in your cost neither is lunch. Interesting, the mini refrig opened up into the bathroom. We found this quite odd. There wasn't a coffee station in the room. The food was fine. It was all you could eat at breakfast and dinner. I don't recommend the "breakfast in bed" service. By time the food gets to you it is cold. Stick with the made to order breakfast in the dining room. The resort grounds were smaller than expected. There were two tennis courts, basketball hoops, outdoor and indoor swimming pools, jacuzzi, etc as listed on the website. There was a game room equipped with pinball machines, pool tables, etc. Suprisingly, you needed to pay for the games. Even though they were ridiculously cheap, I felt they shoud've been free. If you are looking for ultra modern, don't stay here. If you are looking for a vast array of group activites, do not stay here. If you are looking for goumet food in the restaurant, don't stay here. If you are looking for a great cocktail hour with wonderful hot and cold snacks, don't stay here. If you are looking for super entertainment, don't stay here. If you are looking for a place to reconnect with your loved one, definitely stay here.

4  Thank weluv2travel7408
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Service:The service was excellent. We were immediately take to our room. I watched, and anything anyone asked for, they were taken care of. Some of the requests by the restaurant patrons were ridiculous and silly, but the did them all happily. Gratuities were included in the price of the hotel. I still tipped everyone, just because they tried so hard.

Room: It was designed for love! Red carpet, high white arches. Sort of a roman feel. If you aren't into a sexy room, why not go to the Hilton. I am six feet two, but slept well on the round bed. We used the pool in the room and the heart shaped hot tub. We are not newlyweds by a long shot, so it was good to act like we were. Lots of TV channels. There are no windows, and if you turn off all the lights, it is very dark. Which was cool. The rooms were virtually soundproof, which was a nice change from any other hotel I have every stayed in. We slept late every day.

Food: Great breakfast. The food was good, and they delivered champagne with our order. All the items you need for breakfast are brought in a cute little box with a handle. Dinner was great. If you don't like the meal, order a different one. We didn't, The meals were good.

Activities: There is a pool, a game room, a small putt putt golf. Everyday they arranged off site activities, such as race car driving and firing range. There is a small pond for fishing. If you catch a fish with a tag on it, you get a prize. There are paddle-boats. Mt. Airy casino is three minutes away, and they run a driver if you don't want to drive there. There are several shopping opportunities.

Entertainment: Not for children or old people. It was naughty. Really naughty. We felt sorry for the folks that signed up to be contestants on the Newlywed game. Dont do it unless you want to participate in some x rated talk. But it was funny. We spent most evenings in our room, so we cant say about the other entertainment.

Recommended if you want to really get away, have an experience that is Pocono lovers style, and different from the run of the mill modern hotel.

One note. The room did smell musty. Yeah, if you use the pool, the big shower, and the heart shaped hot tub, you will get water on the carpet. Go get a few romantic candles at the shop, and burn them. We bought two, and burned them when we were in the room for 4 days. Perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms in the round buildings were absolutely silent. If you want quiet, think about that.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cotdom
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thanks for rating us so high. Providing a unique, romantic getaway and our customer service are two things we pride ourselves on- glad you pointed out both!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

well this is the first review i have ever written so...First off, the room i stayed in was rm 427, Champagne tower! It was awesome.us Greater than the pictures! I would post mine but they are not really appropriate! In any case this resort has old decore but all goes with the theme and its romantic for any age... The activities on site are very fun, i went in april 2011 so no summer or winter sports! Archery was fun, the grounds are beautiful for walking and hiking! I keep getting ahead of myself.us Back to room, it was huge and gorgeous.. Bed was big and soft, whole rroom was clean, houuse keeping awesome, no mildew smell.. Pool was big enough trust me! Ppl that write bad sstuff are stuck up, I am not rich but not poor, this is worth the pricce i pay! Go on cpresorts and find specialls and keep calling, pay 300 a night is good! Now food was good some nights awesome others good on nights theres no buffet if you dont like it just return it.us Resteraunt we never had to sit with anyone and we stayed 4 nights! the basketball court was fun.. no one uses the huge pool and two jacuzzis lol.us Now our only complaints are entertainment was raunchy, dirty, and un called for, its the land of love not a reg night club, also the bartenders in resteraunt that come around for drink orders should not be dressed so provacatively and always they are flirty once again newlyweds, couples deep in love, also no im not overweight or ugo, i have done modeling even after first two kiidos, im 23 married three kids 7 mos to 6 yrs. i weigh 120, and am very good looking. Just christian and have good morals, yes i feel free with my husband lol but we dont present ourselfs like that! Anyway ignore that its all about the room, and food, both rock! I am returning in jan or feb to cove haven resort, after my first trip out of usa to jamaica dec 14th, enjoy. Oh champagne whirlpool awesome def awesome, shower was steamy lol and fireplace was awesome too.. we did that horseback ride it was cool too, wont do it twice but glad we did.us

Room Tip: champagne tower, and garden of eden apple
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovebug89

Thank you for the review lovebug89. Congratulations! We love honeymooners! We also received your email and if you haven’t heard back from us already, someone will be contacting you very soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We honeymooned at paradise streams in 1976. We had a great honeymoon. We always wanted to return but it just didn't happen. This past March I booked a stay in the Diana's Oasis suite as a suprise for my wife. She thought we were going on a ski trip. She was very suprised when we pulled into the resort. We got a free room upgrade to the garden of eden suite. Our room was just perfect. The pool in your room is a must. We had a great time, plenty to do, food was good,and the romance, well let me tell you, once you enter your suite there is endless posabilities to what you can do. I'm a pretty romantic guy and my wife is one hot grandma and we just had the greatest time that we are returning Sept. 25th for our 35th wedding anniversary. We are staying in the champange tower suite this time. I can't wait. My wife is looking forward to our stay also. That's great for me, If you know what I mean. I would highly recommend this resort to any couple that needs to get away and reconnect what had brought you together in the first place. Get some serious one on one time. I'll write again about our stay in the champagne tower suite. peace and love. Rick

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rick S

We look forwarded to welcoming you back for your anniversary Rick S!! You are going to love the Champagne Tower suite. And after the next stay, you’ll officially be Forever Lovers. Happy anniversary and we look forward to your next review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!