Stayed this past weekend (Fri., 09/23-Sun., 09/25/11). We've been to Paradise Stream numerous times in the past (Forever Lovers) but have not been there in awhile. Wanted to plan a quick getaway and booked this trip a few days prior. Didn't have a problem booking the room we wanted (Lakeside Villa).
Room: Lakeside Villa -- I think this is the best room choice at this resort. You have access to the outside via a covered porch that the other rooms do not have. However, this room doesn't have a pool. This wasn't a problem with us because we stayed in the other rooms previously and a pool wasn't a big priority for us this time. The bed was sooooo comfy, really enjoyed it. Room attendant should really come around earlier - had to wait to use the jacuzzi tub on Saturday until after 3pm. A little disappointing....
Food: Breakfast -- Can request made to order eggs but you have to ask the wait staff for them. First day (Saturday) had a great waiter everything came on time - didn't have to wait for my eggs - hubby did the buffet breakfast. Second day (Sunday) waited so long for my eggs that hubby was finished with his breakfast before mine came. Really slow waiter (probably because he looked like he didn't want to be there). Lunch -- Extra cost which wasn't bad...have to try the kettle chips really good. They also have fresh made popcorn for free in the cafe. Dinner -- Italian night (Friday), mussels and clams were really good. Other things were a little heavy on the salt but OK. Steak night (Saturday), can anyone say....horrible....we both ordered the ribeye steak, 1st bite was full of grizzle...we cook steak all the time and don't have that problem...just a bad cut of meat. Maybe next time we'll try the chicken. Don't really understand why they would list it as strip night and not really have a good cut of steak...just my opinion.
All around nice place to do a quick get away.....but don't expect too much - it is what it is....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Stream Resort is a couples-only hotel in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains that offers all-inclusive packages for romantic getaways. We have on-site activities and are near skiing and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Stream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Stream Hotel Mount Pocono
- Caesars Paradise Stream Hotel
- Hotel Caesars Paradise Stream