“Very attentive. Good food. Sexy rooms.”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
akron, ohio
“Very attentive. Good food. Sexy rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Service:The service was excellent. We were immediately take to our room. I watched, and anything anyone asked for, they were taken care of. Some of the requests by the restaurant patrons were ridiculous and silly, but the did them all happily. Gratuities were included in the price of the hotel. I still tipped everyone, just because they tried so hard.

Room: It was designed for love! Red carpet, high white arches. Sort of a roman feel. If you aren't into a sexy room, why not go to the Hilton. I am six feet two, but slept well on the round bed. We used the pool in the room and the heart shaped hot tub. We are not newlyweds by a long shot, so it was good to act like we were. Lots of TV channels. There are no windows, and if you turn off all the lights, it is very dark. Which was cool. The rooms were virtually soundproof, which was a nice change from any other hotel I have every stayed in. We slept late every day.

Food: Great breakfast. The food was good, and they delivered champagne with our order. All the items you need for breakfast are brought in a cute little box with a handle. Dinner was great. If you don't like the meal, order a different one. We didn't, The meals were good.

Activities: There is a pool, a game room, a small putt putt golf. Everyday they arranged off site activities, such as race car driving and firing range. There is a small pond for fishing. If you catch a fish with a tag on it, you get a prize. There are paddle-boats. Mt. Airy casino is three minutes away, and they run a driver if you don't want to drive there. There are several shopping opportunities.

Entertainment: Not for children or old people. It was naughty. Really naughty. We felt sorry for the folks that signed up to be contestants on the Newlywed game. Dont do it unless you want to participate in some x rated talk. But it was funny. We spent most evenings in our room, so we cant say about the other entertainment.

Recommended if you want to really get away, have an experience that is Pocono lovers style, and different from the run of the mill modern hotel.

One note. The room did smell musty. Yeah, if you use the pool, the big shower, and the heart shaped hot tub, you will get water on the carpet. Go get a few romantic candles at the shop, and burn them. We bought two, and burned them when we were in the room for 4 days. Perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms in the round buildings were absolutely silent. If you want quiet, think about that.
1 Thank cotdom
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thanks for rating us so high. Providing a unique, romantic getaway and our customer service are two things we pride ourselves on- glad you pointed out both!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
johnstown, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

well this is the first review i have ever written so...First off, the room i stayed in was rm 427, Champagne tower! It was awesome.us Greater than the pictures! I would post mine but they are not really appropriate! In any case this resort has old decore but all goes with the theme and its romantic for any age... The activities on site are very fun, i went in april 2011 so no summer or winter sports! Archery was fun, the grounds are beautiful for walking and hiking! I keep getting ahead of myself.us Back to room, it was huge and gorgeous.. Bed was big and soft, whole rroom was clean, houuse keeping awesome, no mildew smell.. Pool was big enough trust me! Ppl that write bad sstuff are stuck up, I am not rich but not poor, this is worth the pricce i pay! Go on cpresorts and find specialls and keep calling, pay 300 a night is good! Now food was good some nights awesome others good on nights theres no buffet if you dont like it just return it.us Resteraunt we never had to sit with anyone and we stayed 4 nights! the basketball court was fun.. no one uses the huge pool and two jacuzzis lol.us Now our only complaints are entertainment was raunchy, dirty, and un called for, its the land of love not a reg night club, also the bartenders in resteraunt that come around for drink orders should not be dressed so provacatively and always they are flirty once again newlyweds, couples deep in love, also no im not overweight or ugo, i have done modeling even after first two kiidos, im 23 married three kids 7 mos to 6 yrs. i weigh 120, and am very good looking. Just christian and have good morals, yes i feel free with my husband lol but we dont present ourselfs like that! Anyway ignore that its all about the room, and food, both rock! I am returning in jan or feb to cove haven resort, after my first trip out of usa to jamaica dec 14th, enjoy. Oh champagne whirlpool awesome def awesome, shower was steamy lol and fireplace was awesome too.. we did that horseback ride it was cool too, wont do it twice but glad we did.us

Room Tip: champagne tower, and garden of eden apple
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovebug89
Thank you for the review lovebug89. Congratulations! We love honeymooners! We also received your email and if you haven’t heard back from us already, someone will be contacting you very soon.
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We honeymooned at paradise streams in 1976. We had a great honeymoon. We always wanted to return but it just didn't happen. This past March I booked a stay in the Diana's Oasis suite as a suprise for my wife. She thought we were going on a ski trip. She was very suprised when we pulled into the resort. We got a free room upgrade to the garden of eden suite. Our room was just perfect. The pool in your room is a must. We had a great time, plenty to do, food was good,and the romance, well let me tell you, once you enter your suite there is endless posabilities to what you can do. I'm a pretty romantic guy and my wife is one hot grandma and we just had the greatest time that we are returning Sept. 25th for our 35th wedding anniversary. We are staying in the champange tower suite this time. I can't wait. My wife is looking forward to our stay also. That's great for me, If you know what I mean. I would highly recommend this resort to any couple that needs to get away and reconnect what had brought you together in the first place. Get some serious one on one time. I'll write again about our stay in the champagne tower suite. peace and love. Rick

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rick S
We look forwarded to welcoming you back for your anniversary Rick S!! You are going to love the Champagne Tower suite. And after the next stay, you’ll officially be Forever Lovers. Happy anniversary and we look forward to your next review!
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We loved our room, garden of Eden. It was perfect with a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and ambience. We only stayed one night but will probably try to stay longer next visit. The breakfast and dinner was good. We even took a stroll around after dinner. It was perfect, peaceful and priceless.

• Stayed August 2011
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
‘Perfect, peaceful and priceless’- what a great tagline sweetwai! Thank you for the review and we hope you can stay longer next time!
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at paradise stream NASCAR weekend; it was going to be our kid’s free weekend
Was looking forward staying at paradise stream after my husband told me it was a five star resort.
While driving up there I was looking up the directions on my phone, and came up with some reviews of this place, didn’t like them at all. But I told myself its ok might be just someone very picky. Man I was wrong. First I have to say the front desk person was very nice and friendly.
The suite we got was nice but smelled really bad. And it was clean but if you took a good look I found foot prints around the hot tub/pool and it wasn’t ours. Hand prints on the sky light over the Jacuzzi. Then came the dinner I ordered French onion soup it was brown boiled water with a piece of bread floating in it the cheese was burned. My husband had the shrimp cocktail not bad, then we got the salad. My husband said they need to hire someone to cut the lettuce, it was a quarter of lettuce head and a few small slices of tomatoes. For the main course we both ordered the salmon with crab meat baked in some flaky pastry. Thinking we can’t go wrong with it, the couple next to us both ordered steak and they were not happy with it. All I have to say it was bad.
Take your money and go somewhere else this place is just not worth it.

3 Thank msky729
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
We’re sorry that Paradise Stream was not for you. I’d like to hear more details about your trip and what we you’d like to see if you returned. Please consider emailing me at ---------------.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Falling Waters
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I were sitting around bored this past Saturday and decided to take a spontaneous getaway and drove up to Paradise Stream for a one night stay. We have a trip booked up here in October, but we were very curious about the place so we decided....why not? We're only a few hours from the resort, so we hopped in our car and off we went.

Room:
We ended up booking the Champagne Tower for the night. I think the rooms are slightly overpriced, but if you're smart, you can catch a good deal.

Upon arrival, it was seriously like stepping back into 1982. If you love cheesiness and can get over some of the outdated stuff on the resort, you will love this place. If you can't, well, look elsewhere because you will probably not be able to relax and enjoy your stay.
That said, my husband and I are very into gaudy, ridiculous, cheesy things so we had a blast at this place and cannot wait to return.
The Champagne Tower room was nice and big. And very clean, although there were some minor issues. Chipped tables, smudges on the ceiling, blah, blah, blah. Just your usual wear and tear from a room that's not brand new.
We loved the pool and actually used that instead of the 7 foot tall whirlpool. Note- if you're scared of heights, don't book this room. The "champagne tower" is way more daunting than the pictures make it look, not to mention, it does creak when you step into it as well. Although, I'm sure it's fine and structurally sound, we just chose not to enjoy that feature of this room.
One other thing about the room that we didn't favor was the toilet, it's enclosed in a very narrow closet like space. Not very comfortable in my opinion to get your "business" done.
Lighting in the vanity in the bathroom is also quite dim so ladies, you may want to pack a lighted makeup mirror (if you have one).
Despite these minor issues, we loved the room. We won't be staying in it when we go back for our week stay in October (we booked Diana's Oasis for that trip) but if we do another short weekend stay, we'd probably stay in it again.
*Note- Certain rooms are being/or have already been renovated. We asked to see to a Diana's Oasis, and it's gorgeous and looks brand new. New bedding, bathroom, etc. We really can't wait to come back.

Food and other Misc. Info:
The staff at the resort was very friendly and helpful with all of our questions.

Food was fairly good. It was "Strip Night" when we were there and I had a NY strip which was....just ok. It was somewhat dry. But my husband got the oven roasted chicken and it was awesome.
Salad is definitely something they need to fix. A quarter of a head of lettuce with some tomatoes, is not a salad. My husband ordered the salad without tomatoes and it was seriously just a portion of a head of lettuce. Amusing, but come on guys, give us a real salad please!
The crab bisque I got for my starter was surprisingly really, really good. The bread was good, and the desserts were awesome!
Our Breakfast in Bed arrived warm (i never expect hot when i get room service) and although it was just warm it was still very good quality and very yummy. It came on plates with the standard silver dome over top, and our coffee, cereal, milk, and juice were all neatly packaged in a very cute box. Let me stress- the food itself did not come in a box! Just the coffee, and other beverages and it's not a crappy box either, so I'm not sure why other people are complaining about this box in other reviews.
We also did a late night munchie run at Spooners and the food there was really good as well. They also have a variety of snacks, drinks, champagne, fire logs and bubble bath in there as well for purchase.

Entertainment:
Can't really say much as we were only there one night. They do have an arcade which has a good selection of games. Several Pinball machines, pac man, skee ball, air hockey etc. My husband and I are "gamers" so we were very happy to see this and we think a lot of time will be spent in there when we return in October.

Wrap up:

I know this is an extended review for such a short stay but after reading a ton of reviews on this place I had to give a detailed thought as it seems a lot of people are trashing this place for no good valid reason except for minor flaws. All I can say, is ask questions, if you find something wrong talk to management, and they'll more often than not help you. And remember, places like this want to keep you happy and want to make sure you return.

I will most definitely be writing another review for Diana's Oasis after our week stay in October so until then...

3 Thank luvstotravel81
Wow. What a great spontaneous trip! So glad to hear your be visiting us again- you’re going to love the Diana’s Oasis.
Ashby USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

When we got there @ 11:30 we checked in which they told us check in wasnt till 3:30 we also got an upgrade to the garden of eden apple ! we serched online for a deal on the room we reserved and found one and got the upgrade at a steal :) Our first dining excperience was not pleasent our server wendy was very rude and not really friendly. Our next morning our breakfast in bed was late but they sent us a complamentry bottle of their signiture champagni with our breakfast which was the best i've ever had :) Later on in the day after the cleaning crew cleaned our room we laid on the bed to rest a bit and when i got up my Bf noticed that my dressed got bleeched so as upset as i was with it being my birthday i called the front desk and they sent someone right away. I wanted to cry it was my favorite dress :( Jackie my boyfriend and I talked for a few and came to angrement of replacing my dress and a free night stay for having to spend the day shopping :) my boyfriend and i were very happy with how they handled the situation.Our second night dining experience was first class only because of the service. the food was not that great but our server AMY was very nice pleasent and helpful. On our free day it had rained so we stayed in our room and enjoyed the rest of our stay cuddling and doing what all couples would do at a place like this (wink wink).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your photos LIZG818. I’m glad you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and got some cuddle time with your boyfriend. I’ll be sure to share your review with the Team Members you mentioned.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!