“Surprised”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Pocono
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Visiting family and we went out for dinner. Traveled a long distance until we found somewhere quick to eat. I was surprised at the quality of food. I had the turkey, mashed potatoes and broccoli with water. My husband had the burger and coffee. There were 7 others in our party and half of them were kids. Everyone had a good meal. We were seated immediately. Server was very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend this Perkins.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

The service at this Perkins could not be worse. Tabatha was our waitress and she started out by saying “thank you for your patiencell” I couldn’t understand until she made us wait 20 minutes before she took our order. And repeated her thank you mantra. We then watched everyone of the other guest who were waited on by other waitresses be served even though we were there before them.
I then asked the manager why we weren’t served yet and he disappeared into the kitchen. Tabatha was still doing everything but wait on people.
Finally we decided an hour and a half at this restaurant without food was enough and got up to leave. Tabatha with her head you know where stood there saying Karma,Karma,Karma.
The manager brought the food out as we were leaving but enough was enough.
This was the worst Perkins I was ever in and Tabatha was the worst waitress we ever had.
BEWARE!

2  Thank shad050
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We stopped for lunch. Husband ordered a country fried steak. It was fried hard, meat was thin - fast food quality. Asked for more gravy to sodden it up. Asked for bread and was told corporate stopped offering rolls because they thought people were wasting them. A bakery with no rolls. A slice of sandwich bread was offered and declined. I got the turkey and dressing. Much like a Marie Callendar frozen dinner. The asparagus was good. Filled our stomach, but not somewhere I would pick for a second round.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I last visited this Perkins back in September 2015. My wife and I decided to give it a try again. The majority of the menu was a breakfast menu, we went there for diner at 5pm.My wife ordered the turkey diner, it was a small portion of turkey and little gravy. The price for the burgers seem over priced. I ordered a omelet and pancakes. The eggs were over cooked and the pancakes are nothing to write about. Sadly again Perkins disappointed, the better choice is the local diner down the road.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Go in the daylight if it's your first visit. Even though it is on the highway, there is no direct access to the parking lot. You can see how to get in during the daytime but it is difficult at night.

If you have ever been to a Perkins, this was typical. Wait staff was efficient and friendly.