“nasty bed bugs!! grosss!terrible!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed February 21, 2009

do not stay at this hotel unless like bed bugs ...which i dont ...and never thought i would ever encounter those nasty bugs. myself my boyfriend my sister and her husband stayed at this hotel in january of 09. we woke up in the middle of the night to find little bugs all over all 4 of us ..we immediatley left the hotel at 3 am.... they told us that they have never heard of this problem at the hotel which was a lie because i just read another review from another women that stayed at the same place.....when we told the person at the office they also told us that a couple just called about 20 mins before we did with the same problems and they had also just left ..this is obviously and huge problem and very nasty ....dont stay there!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 24, 2009

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend ski trip in December and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and its staff. The hotel lobby is amazing and has a great lounge area/big screen TV and a full breakfast in the morning. The staff is very friendly and responsive (called for extra towels which came to the room in 10 minutes). I'm not sure about the other reviews but our double bed room was clean. Would stay here again.

• Check in / front desk
gmpa310, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2009

Thank You for taking time of your busy schedule to write a positive review of this hotel. We hope to see you back at The Comfort Inn & Suites soon.

Anthony J. Regan, Sr.

Reviewed October 24, 2008

We dropped in without a reservation and were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, well-run hotel. Our room was lovely, as was the large lobby area. The staff went out of their way to serve us, even coming to our room at 1:00 AM to help with the TV remote. We called [--] to get a senior rate of $87.00-good for this superb Pocono Moutntain location.

When we got home, I read the dreadful reviews from this past August. Obviously, much has been done to improve this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

Thank you for your kind response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Anthony J. Regan,Sr.

Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I traveled up to the Poconos to see all the lovely fall foliage and spent the night here on 10/10. The location and price sounded good to us, but what really had us excited was the fact that it was 100 percent smoke free. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! No nasty smoke anywhere! If only more hotels would follow their lead....AND the hotel didn't have any creepy people or dirtbags. HOORAY!!

We were on the third floor, and our room was clean and well stocked. The breakfast was above average--they even had hard-boiled eggs so we didn't have to load up on carbs. My only complaints are the following: no fan in the bathroom and the wireless internet connection was rather slow. Other than that, we had an excellent stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BeachLiz
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Three of us, women, stayed in a room at this Comfort Inn and woke up during the night to discover that both beds were "full" of bed bugs. Bites were evident by the blood on the sheets! The hotel seemed to be aware of the problem when we spoke to the hotel clerk in the morning. There was an offer for the manager to contact me, via cell phone, and I DID NOT have a response. I complained to the Head office of Comfort Inn and nothing has been done, other than some vague letter of apology from the hotel. Without assurance that the BED BUG problem has been remedied, I would avoid this hotel entirely.
It is now 3 weeks since our stay on the 17th of September and the bumps from the bites are still evident on my skin!!

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank JOYKingston
Reviewed September 27, 2008

This hotel was amazing. I felt like i was right at home since the moment I checked in. The staff was very friendly, nice, and helpful. Not only was the staff wonderful but the hotel was beautiful. The lobby was gorgeous and the fireplace was also beautiful. The indoor swimming pool area was kept very clean and it was relaxing to be in there. The room was also very cozy and beautiful. The continental breakfast was also very good. They have a very wide selection of foods for breakfast.The hotel overall was kept very clean and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank patelk6
Reviewed August 29, 2008

We had reserved the king hot tub suite. When we checked in, there was a rancid salad as well as some other items in the refrigerator (not to mention stains on the bathroom door as if someone had spilled something-or worse). We had ordered and paid for a rollaway, which was not there. I went down to the front desk, showed them the food, and inquired about the rollaway. We went out for a couple of hours, and came back to find the rollaway, but no bedding! I went down to ask for bedding and was given some that I had to bring upstairs by myself. Then, it went from bad to worse. I had specifically booked this room because of the hot tub, and it wasn't working properly. In addition, the public hot tub near the pool was not working at all! I first inquired about the hot tub in my room and was told that there was nothing that she could do, and that she didn't know anything about it. I asked about the public hot tub and was told that it was supposed to have been fixed last week. In the morning when I complained again about the hot tub in our room not functioning properly, I was told that she was putting it on the maintenance list for that day (but we were checking out, so that didn't help me). I was charged full price for the room despite the sign in every Choice hotel about the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Throughout all of this, I didn't even receive a simple apology! When I wrote to the manager about my experience here, I received the typical form letter. Obviously this hotel cares only about money and not the guest. I have stayed in 6 different Choice hotels in the past 2 months. This one was by far the most expensive (I paid $190 for a room with a broken hot tub), but it was also by far the worst as far as cleanliness and service go. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!