“Nice Place for the Area!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I recently stayed at this property with my girlfriend from June 23-25, 2008. Overall, I was quite satisfied, considering the very reasonable $129/night rate. Sayed in a king bedroom suite with a hot tub. Front desk and maid staff very friendly. Property's amenities include 24 hr. hot coffee, hot cocoa, juices at the breakfast bar, internet access in room, pool, exercise room, small game room, etc. Breakfast was awesome, waffles, french toast, yogurt, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, cereal, all fresh. Hallway/stairs carpeting could have used a good vacuuming, quite dirty. However, room overall was very clean. Lots of towels, fridge, microwave, two TV's, bed was soft but lots of pillows, nice large window with pretty view of woods/wildflowers at the rear of hotel. We actually saw two turkeys with their babies eating in the field! Only complaint was the couch and chair in room were worn out, extremely uncomfortable. You sank to the floor when you sat in it (I'm only 160 lbs!) Also, there was definately a stale smoke odor throughout the 3rd floor and our room during our stay. The no smoking rule is apprently not enforced. Also, when you first drive onto the property, there is an abandoned flea-bag motel directly adjacent (almost on top of) this hotel. It's extremely unsightly! Would not bring someone here if you wanted to impress them with the apperance! Nice touch is a big strip-mall basically across the street, has a Mr. Zs supermarket, k-mart, subway, etc. in case you forgot anything or want to stock up the fridge. Very close to camelbeach and outlet malls, only about a 10 minute ride. We also went to Bushkill Falls (very nice) it's a 50 minute ride (30 miles away, not 20 as stated on website!) but easy to get to. Also, several public golf courses in the area. Be very wary and cautious of the area though. Do your best to blend in with the locals, don't wear any flashy jewelry or flash alot of cash. The local crowd is rough, especially the teenagers, I would guess crime is significant in the area. We did not go out at night. I also saw absolutely no police presence anywhere during our trip, not even a patrol car. A bit unnerving. Overall though, this is the best place in the area for your weekend getaway or a skiing/waterpark trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2008

This hotel was okay but not great. The room was fairly clean but I have seen cleaner, some corners of the bathroom had obvious dirt that had not been cleaned up. The rest of the bathroom was fairly clean and up to date. All the chairs (Three) in the room were very stained. The Hotel itself looked nice. The pool was very clean and my kids enjoyed it. The Hot tub in the pool area was out of order during my stay. The Breakfast was decent but not great. Consisted of boiled eggs, waffles that you can make, French Toast, Cheerios and Corn Flakes, Dougnuts, mufffins, bagels, toast, instant sweetened oatmeal, yogurt, and apples/oranges. The staff was very friendly. The fitness room consisted of one weight machine that has seen better days, two bikes and one treadmill that worked fairly well. The game room was small and had two working video games.
Although I am not rating this hotel as above average not many hotels in the Pocono's that I have stayed in are much better unless you are willing to spend a lot of money.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank QueensMarine
Reviewed February 19, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed there February 15-17th 2008. It was a Valentine's Day weekend getaway. When we arrived and checked into our room I discovered that it was a whirlpool suite instead of the hut tub suite I booked. I went back to the front desk and showed the man my internet confirmation. He then told me that there is only one hot tub suite and they had accidentilly put someone else in it. He then got on the phone with the manager, acknowledged the error and gave me $80.00 off on my stay! The whirpool room we stayed in was great- very clean and roomy. It is extremely close to all the major attractions. I payed for the whole weekend less than what I would have spent to stay one night at Mt. Airy Casino and the room was just as nice. If you look around and are willing to travel all of 7 minutes you can find a real deal and the Comfort Inn was definitely one!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hahnoo
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Stayed here for one night in February. No complaints. Easy check inn and check out. The room was clean, the lounge area was nice. There is an elevator and easy access stairs. The breakfast is good too. The Signature MAKE YOUR OWN WAFFLE at Comfort Inn was really good.

Hmmm I would have to say that the parking lot may be considered by some to be far from the main entrance, this being the only flaw I could think of.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We will never stay at this hotel again. Our first room was a king suite with bunk beds. The bottom bed was broken, hanging down several inches - very obvious there was a problem. We were booked with children so this was not going to work. They reluctantly gave us the "Presidental Suite" - haha. Nothing presidental about it. Missing light bulbs, burned out light bulbs, no pillows for the pull-out and the mattress on the pull-out was a joke. My kids landed up sleeping on the floor. VERY disappointing for what we are paying. At $200/night I expect much better than this. The carpets in the room were pulling in many places and the carpet in the steps from the lobby were in horrendous condition. The lobby and exterior lead you to believe this hotel is in good condition. That is not what we found. The breakfast we ok, adequate, but the woman working the breakfast was miserable. Not good at refiling things when they ran out or offering help. This is a 2 star hotel at best. We will look elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Just stayed at this hotel and found the experience very satisfying. The lobby is beautiful and warm, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast was tasty. The rooms are basic, although we booked a room with a jacuzzi tub, and that was a nice addition (especially if you plan on doing winter activities and then going back to your room). For us, the hotel was just what we needed- not luxury, but satisfying in all other respects.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2007

We booked the king suite with 2 person jacuzzi - ($129) we got exactly what we expected - room 328 and jacuzzi were very clean - plenty of towels - bed was great - jacuzzi filled up slow but there was plenty of hot water and it worked fine. Room had a little snag in carpet from sweeper which should be repaired but that is a very minor thing. We stopped by one of the Ceaser resorts and looked at their rooms which were $$$$ and would stay here everytime - the jacuzzi is red and heart-shaped - very romantic if you bring candles - just be careful about the smoke detectors - express breakfast was fresh and hot. Only problem was that you could not turn into this hotel from the northbound lane - you have to go to the light and turn around. Check-in and out no problem.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!