“WE HIT THE JACKPOT!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Brooklyn, New York
“WE HIT THE JACKPOT!!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

First of all, let me start off by saying that I've never been to the Poconos before and that this was a spare of the moment decision. Me and my boyfriend decided at the last minute to spend our 3 year anniversary in the Poconos. When I say last minute, I mean the night before. I really didn't have time to do any research on how far this hotel was from everything. i just went on google and typed in "hotels in the Poconos with a jacuzzi." This hotel came up. In fact, it was the only one to come up." Our stay was from Sunday to Tuesday. When we got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were very spacious. King sized bed, 2 TV's, a microwave, refrigerator, a living room area, stand up shower and a jacuzzi. The only problem was that I had requested a 2 person jacuzzi and this one was for 1 person. I asked the clerk, Liz about the mix up and she told me to speak to the manager Anthony in the morning. We went out that night and discovered that we had hit the jackpot! We were basically in the middle of EVERYTHING! We had Lowes, Super 24 hour Walmart, KFC, Shop rite( they sell wine and beer)just in case the liquor store is closed. Liquor store, Wendy's, McDonald's, Kmart, Rite Aide, CVS, less than 10 min away from Mount Airy Lodge Casino, approx 15 min away from The Crossings Outlets. Straight down route 611 you have restaurant on top of restaurant on top of gift shop.

When morning came, we had the absolute pleasure of meeting the manager Anthony who was the epitome of hospitable:) we asked him about the jacuzzi. He explained that particular room was more than the rate we paid but he would change our room at no extra charge. When we got to the new room we discovered that the jacuzzi was the same heart shaped jacuzzi that they advertise in the much more expensive resort hotels. The "continental breakfast" was more of a buffet. Eggs, sausage, waffles, donuts, fruit, muffins, cereal, juice and really really good coffee:)

Our stay here was an absolute pleasure and I can't imagine it being any better than it was. Anthony, Liz, and even one of the young ladies from house keeping was sooooo welcoming and helpful. Me and my boyfriend decided that when we go back to the Poconos, this is where we will stay. I loved my stay here and we were sad to leave :( but we will be back soon:) Thank you to the entire Comfort Inn staff for making our stay there a wonderful one. See ya soon:)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tiffany M
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Tiffany:

Thanks for that GREAT review!!!! We are so pleased that you spent your 3 year anniversary with us, and we are even more pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and all of the attractioins around our hotel. Like I tell all of our guests, we like to treat our guests as "family", and now we can welcome you and your family to our Comfort Inn & Suites family. I will make sure to pass your comment on to our staff, and we really do look forward to your next visit. It was our pleasure to have you and your boyfriend at our hotel.

Thanks again!!!
Anthony J. Regan, Sr. CLM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Temple, Pa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I spoke with the manager Anthony who matched the rate I received with another Comfort Inn. He was extremely friendly and helpful!

We arrived around 8:30 pm on a Friday night. Check in was the fastest i have ever experienced at any hotel.

We stayed in room 112 which was a king suite with a king bed, sofa bed and a 1 person jacuzzi. It was located just down the hall from the pool, laundry room, ice machine and breakfast area. The room was clean and odor free. There were 2 flat screen tvs, a mini fridge and a microwave. The pillows were really fluffy and kinda uncomfortable. The mattress on the king bed was really firm. The mattress on the sofa bed was really thin. My daughter complained she could feel the springs. The water pressure in the shower was great and had plenty of hot water for the jacuzzi. There was a shower stall in the bathroom, no bath tub.The jacuzzi is located in between the bathroom and living room area. We could hear the tv from the room next to us at night. Other than that, things were pretty peaceful. Housekeeping did a great job!

They also offer a complimentary breakfast until 9:30 am which is located in the lobby area. Both mornings they had scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgium waffles (they could add another waffle maker because some people seemed to be bothered by people making multiple waffles for their family) danishes, donuts, yogurt, pieces of fruit, juices and hot drinks. It was a great breakfast spread, something for everyone in my family!

The indoor pool was a nice plus. It was heated and clean but had a really strong chemical smell. The area around the pool does get extremely slippery so be careful walking around barefoot. The pool is open 7 am-9 pm but they kept it open till 10 Friday and Saturday night. The whirlpool was also nice and warm. Located right before the entrance to the pool was an exercise room, ice machine and a few vending machines.

The hotel is located next to Lowe's and a shopping center. There were fast food restaurants located down the street.

They could really make the place look great if they would fix up the landscaping outside. They have big tall windows to look out of at the pool and breakfast area and looking at a bunch of tall dead brush and chain link fence is kinda unappealing.

If we needed to stay in this area again, we would definitely chose this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 112 is just down the hall from the pool, laundry room, exercise room and breakfast area. Sof...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashntorsmom
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our breakfast and pool. I will make sure to let our housekeeping staff know that you were pleased with the condition of your room. Now that the warm weather finally arrived in the Poconos, we will be doing landscaping behind our pool area. Plus we are also in the process of replacing our sofa beds as well. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope to see you and your family here again soon. And we want to thank you also for becoming a part of our Comfort Inn & Suites family!!!!

Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from an "overnight date" with my wife & I can't say enough about how great it was. The hotel has a beautiful lobby with comfortable seating for enjoying the free extensive buffet breakfast, the enormous TV or the cozy fireplace. The room we stayed in was spacious and clean with plenty of towels for the two of us. I especially want to thank General Manager Anthony Regan Sr. & his staff for all of their help with anticipating & providing for our every need during our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AJR56
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your great review on our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one, it gives us great pleasure when one of our guests have an enjoyable stay like you did. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our employees. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you once again!!!
Anthony J. Regan, SR. CLM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Probably the worse hotel experience of my life. I was a late arrival - in February - rented a suite - for a party of 4. Our room temperature was 30 degrees, the heat started cranking after 2 hours, NO extra blankets were available - the other party in our suite turned back and drove the 2 hours home - instead of staying overnight (was I jealous!).

The night front desk was uncooperative.

NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mdaronco

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just came home from our stay at the Comfort Inn and I just want to say, that I loved it. They were so nice to us by first of all giving two of our birthday girls cards, wishing our girls good luck at their dance competition, giving us extra towels, shampoo, and conditioner right away when asked and just being genuinely nice people. I enjoyed our stay there and my husband is already planning on staying there when he goes hunting and we will be staying there again when we have more dance competitions there. Thank you for the wonderful experience. Will return.

Room Tip: we liked the rooms on the same level as main entrance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jamie H
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this great review on our hotel. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed it and I must say that your group was great!!!. With so many children here for the competition, they were all very well behaved they respected all of our other guests in our hotel, and for that I would like to say "Thank You". We look forward to seeing you for your next competition, it would be our pleasure to have you and your group back next yeat, and we look forward to see your husband when he comes to the Poconos for hunting season.
Once again thank you !!!!
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The entire hotel is decorated with such great taste. We had a lovely,very spacious room. The breakfast buffet was delicious. Anthony Regan, the General Manager, was delightful and very helpful. He was the nicest person we have encountered in our travels. Thank you Anthony for the wonderful service. We look forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RichardBradt
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Bradt:

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We like to treat our guests like family so they feel right at home at hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank You very much for your great review.
WANAQUE
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a great time the staff at the Comfort Inn are really plesent Anthony Regan the mannager is freindely and helpfull . I would reccomend staying here. The pool and jacuzzi are nice and relaxing. We plan on going back for another stay soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MICHAEL C
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write this great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and I will also pass this comment on to the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!