“Comfortable and Pleasant”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Comfortable and Pleasant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked a room to avoid going back to my dark and cold home in NJ recently. The staff was gracious and accommodating. The room was perfect - clean, warm, fully functional and cheerfully decorated. Take your own pillow though as theirs are not very supportive. The front desk's recommendation of the Japanese Tea House up the highway was stellar. Great food in a relaxed atmosphere where the owner Sue is friendly and talkative. Overall a lovely place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Grateful for heat and hot shower during hurricane Sandy. Hotel Rooms, & bathroom dated. Furniture old, and upholstery stained. Lobby furniture worn. Linens on bed were rough and itchy. Pillows were small sofa size foam pillows and very uncomfortable. Had to move out of room the second day to another because hotel was full. Lucky there was a canceltion because no power at my home in Jersey. Unfortunately the second room was in the same condition. Breakfast was included in room rate but was terrible. Coffee was poor quality. Front desk personnel was polite and helpful. Shower and heat & hot water were good for our old and weary bodies after 5 days of no power. But that was all this hotel delivered on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were there for only one night to attend a wedding at Sky Top. No fault of the management, but the rooms are dated, and a bit run down. Check in was a breeze, all personal we met were extremely polite. The room we stayed in on the second floor was a disappointment. The walls are paper thin, and we could hear every conversation and TV above, below, and next to us. When people above us used the toilet, we thought someone was in our bathroom. Thankfully there was a window type air conditioner, so we could put the fan on to block noises around us. The mattress was uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy foam. Bring your own. The plug in the bathroom didn't work, so the hairdryer was useless. Some previous guest had removed the batteries from the safe in the closet, so that was useless. We didn't want anyone in our room when we left it to go to the wedding, so we didn't tell them about these things until we checked out. The housekeeper was compelled to bang the vacuum around outside our door in the morning, maybe to get us moving? In housekeeping's favor, the room was spotless, sheets were soft, plenty of towels. We had other plans for breakfast, so we did not use this service. All in all, for this location and price, it was okay. Just okay.

Room Tip: Try for a quieter room on the third floor, but smell it before you take it. We heard that in the pas...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NORTH WILKESBORO
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was at this hotel for nearly month on a work assignment. I loved it. Staff is awesome. The general manager, Anthony, makes you feel very welcome & treats you like family. The housekeeping staff was very respectful of my work & sleep hours and easily accomodated me with my room needs. A hot breakfast was very welcoming every mornig when I came in from work. It is completely non smoking, but it's just a step out the door to a smoking area. The owners are nice too. Overall, I loved my stay & will definitely stay there again if I'm back in the area for work or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Crowley, TX
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently stayed one night at this property to see the Poconos and do some fishing and hiking. While I am not a huge fan of Comfort Inns (as they tend to really be "hit" or "miss" from my past experiences) -- I gave this one a shot. Front desk clerk was very nice and check-in was easy. I had reserved a "non-smoking" room and we were told the hotel itself is non-smoking. The first room they sent us to smelled of smoke though (and since I have allergies, I refuse to stay in a smoking room when I have specifically asked for and paid for a "non-smoking" room). The girl at the front desk was apologetic and immediately gave us an upgrade in rooms. The 2nd room was a little "musty", but had not been smoked in, so we took it. It was fairly clean...The pillows on one of the beds smelled a little (I would recommend putting covers on them); but I just used a pillow off of the 2nd bed in the room, which was fine. There was a small "hair" on the tub and a small bug in the stool...but I always take Lysol and wipes and do a little "just in case cleaning" anyway. A church group was meeting downstairs and were pretty loud, but we were on the 3rd floor and it was quiet -- so the rooms appear to have good solid walls to keep noise out. Overall, it wasn't bad, and given that there aren't a lot of choices in the area...I would recommend this one as being okay and would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

First, smokers run the place, back door propped open so smokers can go in and out. What about safety? Better than having them crud up the front I guess. Hall carpet filthy, big stain about every ten feet. Breakfast room furniture so dirty I took my breakfast back to the room. Fitted sheets so with the corners don't stay on. A/C not very good, and it wasn't that hot out.

• Stayed September 2012
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I travel to the poconos a few times a year. We love to stay at this location because of the manager "Anthony". He is always in a great mood and is very welcoming to us. The room was very clean and the breakfast was great! We will definately be back to visit Anthony real soon. We made a new friend in Pennsylavania. We were here from 9/2/12-9/4/12.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,481 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!