“BED BUGS”

Travelodge Mt. Pocono
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My family and I were to say for three days. Checked out after one day due to BED BUGS. My family and I severly bitten and managment refused to refund us. I phoned the police and filed a report. DO NOT STAY THERE. BED BUGS.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Nventour
travelodgemountpocon, Webmaster at Travelodge Mt. Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Mount Pocono for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Mount Pocono. I think you will be greatly pleased.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Mt. Pocono

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Bedbug bites up and down arms and legs left early refused to refund any money for stay. Booked thru Priceline paid more than clerk quoted refused to refund difference for that too. Also toilet was running HOT water and leaked thru tank.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nikki46467

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed about the leakage in the tank in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

• Management was informed about the refund you ask for.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

this place was a dump romantic get away HA place was filthy, curtain hanging up with tacks tiles coming off Jacuzzi, bathroom filthy had to go but bathroom cleaner and new sheets.smell was aweful. no towels, fried rice stuck to the carpet. tables where filthy. clock radi stuck to table from filth DO NOT STAY!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 0920traveler

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed about the tacks tiles coming off Jacuzzi, Un-cleaned carpets and filthy tables in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs or cleaned.

• Management was informed about the refund you ask for.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

In layout this is a typical old roadside motel. Furnishings in the room were a little old and slightly worn but clean. The defects I noticed were a lamp which a bit of repair and that I had to run the water for a very long time in the bath (10-15 minutes) before it got even modestly warm. I experienced no bedbugs. The price for a room with two small double beds was $76 including tax, and the number of people in the room seemed not to matter. Free Wi-Fi worked fine. There was a very basic continental breakfast. I didn't use the pool. Staff was polite and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ree472

Dear Guest,

• I am glad that you find our hotel clean and bedbug free. Housekeeping staff was informed about the nice comment you made and receive our commendation.

• Maintenance was informed about the Lamp in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

• Staff and Housekeeping was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

I was looking for a good hotel to spend my time. I chose this hotel because it was near the casiono. The location was good. The outdoor pool was clean and fine. The rooms were very neat and clean and the staff was awesome. For the money, I paid, the place was worth the stay.

I will def stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank KaShKaren
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Where to start: musty smell hits you in the face when you walk in, all the furniture and table surfaces were sticky with an unidentified substance, the carpet was dirty, including finding a cigar wrapper and a penny- clearly was not swept, the microwave/refrigerator had a huge cobweb on top of it and it didn't work well, the shower had two temps hot and super hot, the sink faucet was hard to turn on and when you did- it sprayed out like a firehose- went all over the sink and on the floor, bugs-spiders- you name it. Even found a bug in the bed that I was worried was a bedbug- don't know for sure though. Some type of red smearing on the wall- think it was blood. The peephole to the front door had toilet paper shoved in it- what the hell was that about? There was a back door to the room and it wouldn't lock (had no bolt lock- only one of those chains). Was going to stay there for two nights. I went to mgt the next day and demanded a refund for the second night and went elsewhere. Thank god they gave me a refund- no questions asked- I guess they're use to it. I would have asked for all of it back, but I was worried they'd be jerks and not give me anything. DO NOT STAY HERE....EVER. I don't care if you're homeless and they let you stay there for free. DON'T!! I wish I knew about tripadvisor before staying here…everything these people are telling you is true!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Droober

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Housekeeping received additional training on cleaning the rooms and carpets to accommodate our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and cobweb instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

• Maintenance was informed of the microwave/refrigerator not working, Hard Sink faucet in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

What more can I say. The miserable management is in denial. At least acknowledge there is a problem when a visitor leaves with 9 welts the size of golfballs. EXTERMINATE!!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about the welts you report. I too hope it is not bedbugs from the hotel and that it is nothing serious.

• Management was informed of your report of Bed Bugs and looking into the possibility of bedbugs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Travelodge Mt. Pocono? Share your experiences!