“Worst place ever- Wouldn't stay again if they paid me!”

Travelodge Mt. Pocono
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Where to start: musty smell hits you in the face when you walk in, all the furniture and table surfaces were sticky with an unidentified substance, the carpet was dirty, including finding a cigar wrapper and a penny- clearly was not swept, the microwave/refrigerator had a huge cobweb on top of it and it didn't work well, the shower had two temps hot and super hot, the sink faucet was hard to turn on and when you did- it sprayed out like a firehose- went all over the sink and on the floor, bugs-spiders- you name it. Even found a bug in the bed that I was worried was a bedbug- don't know for sure though. Some type of red smearing on the wall- think it was blood. The peephole to the front door had toilet paper shoved in it- what the hell was that about? There was a back door to the room and it wouldn't lock (had no bolt lock- only one of those chains). Was going to stay there for two nights. I went to mgt the next day and demanded a refund for the second night and went elsewhere. Thank god they gave me a refund- no questions asked- I guess they're use to it. I would have asked for all of it back, but I was worried they'd be jerks and not give me anything. DO NOT STAY HERE....EVER. I don't care if you're homeless and they let you stay there for free. DON'T!! I wish I knew about tripadvisor before staying here…everything these people are telling you is true!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Droober
travelodgemountpocon, Webmaster at Travelodge Mt. Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Mount Pocono for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Housekeeping received additional training on cleaning the rooms and carpets to accommodate our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and cobweb instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

• Maintenance was informed of the microwave/refrigerator not working, Hard Sink faucet in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Mount Pocono. I think you will be greatly pleased.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Mt. Pocono

Reviewed June 3, 2010

What more can I say. The miserable management is in denial. At least acknowledge there is a problem when a visitor leaves with 9 welts the size of golfballs. EXTERMINATE!!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about the welts you report. I too hope it is not bedbugs from the hotel and that it is nothing serious.

• Management was informed of your report of Bed Bugs and looking into the possibility of bedbugs.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

WARNING - BED BUGS! BED BUGS ! BED BUGS!

I am furious that i got at least 9 welts. I hope i didn't bring them to my friends house. It costs thousands of dollars and repeated consistent treatment to get rid of these nasty bugs. The manager denied they were bedbugs. If you get groupings of bites- that swell up like golfballs and take 7 to 10 days to go down- then you have bedbugs.

you can get them at nice hotels too- but what is worse is when management won't acknowledge them...and don't treat the rooms.

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

The location was close to the skiing but I certainly would not recommend spending much time in the rooms. Fine for sleeping over night ski trips

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed one night at this Super 8 in the Poconos. Right away when we walked in I noticed the table and bureau being dirty with crumbs and dust. Smells musty like alot of motels but this one is just so dirty. Not just our room either but our family was in 2 additional rooms. Cob webs, dirty, stains on walls, stained towels, ceiling. Bathroom was the worst. Toilet seat, tub and sink, floor, walls all grungy and dirty. Large bug on floor I had to kill before using the bathroom. My family member wore flip flops the entire time she was so disgusted by the floors. Pool grounds were littered with some garbage (bottles, cigarettes, wrappers). Could not wait to leave. Would never recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kd415

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Bugs you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

When we first got there I saw a dirty musty room, old furniture, broken things, leaky toilet, hard flat pillows and a uncomfortable mattress. I didn't sleep well. Thank god we only stayed one night. However that is not the worst of it. Myself and my daughter and her husband have found out we brought home "BED BUGS" The exterminator told us the time frame for the eggs to hatch was right on. I have never experienced anything as terrible as this. It has been a nightmare that has cost me expenses I don't have and I haven't been able to sleep in my own place for the last 10 days. If I could afford it I'd get rid of my mattress and couch. I have thrown out alot of things. I have never been through anything like this in my life nor should I have to. Something needs to be done about this motel. If I had only read the reviews I now have seen I would never have stayed there. Apparently this has been going on for the last few yrs. Why isn't anything being done about this????? I hope this helps other people before they stay at this horrid place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank libra26

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the toilet leaked leaving a huge puddle on the floor in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

I have stayed at super 8 motels before but after this experience I will never do it again no matter how cheap they are.My husband,mother, and I went for one night, we were there for a nascar race and didn't spend much time in the room, which is a good thing.The room was very dreary and smelled musty.The bathroom was dirty and the toilet leaked leaving a huge puddle on the floor.These things were not the worst part of the experience, after returning home we discovered that we had a stow- away in our luggage.We had brought home "bed bugs".We are now going thru several procedures to get rid of them with an exterminater who has told us that this bug is one of the worst to get rid of.We contacted the owner/manager of the motel who told us that they have never had any issues or complaints about this, but that is a LIE.My mother wanted to write a review about our experience and started researching other reviews.She found several that were bad but the one that stands out the most was from a man last october who stayed there with his wife and was woken up on there last night there by the guy in the next room who was screaming that his room was infested with bed bugs. When the man went next door to check he found that there were several bugs on the mans mattress and wall.The review also states that the local news was called and that he video taped the evidence.The man was so disgusted that him and his wife left immediately.
I hope this review helps the next person so you don't have to go thru what me and my family are. We all wish that we had looked at reviews first but I now know to do this before any vacation I take where I am staying at a motel/hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Travelodge Mt. Pocono? Share your experiences!