“Super 8 Hotel”

Travelodge Mt. Pocono
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed June 3, 2010

WARNING - BED BUGS! BED BUGS ! BED BUGS!

I am furious that i got at least 9 welts. I hope i didn't bring them to my friends house. It costs thousands of dollars and repeated consistent treatment to get rid of these nasty bugs. The manager denied they were bedbugs. If you get groupings of bites- that swell up like golfballs and take 7 to 10 days to go down- then you have bedbugs.

you can get them at nice hotels too- but what is worse is when management won't acknowledge them...and don't treat the rooms.

travelodgemountpocon, Webmaster at Travelodge Mt. Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Mount Pocono for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Mount Pocono. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

The location was close to the skiing but I certainly would not recommend spending much time in the rooms. Fine for sleeping over night ski trips

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training on cleaning the rooms and carpets to accommodate our valued guests.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed one night at this Super 8 in the Poconos. Right away when we walked in I noticed the table and bureau being dirty with crumbs and dust. Smells musty like alot of motels but this one is just so dirty. Not just our room either but our family was in 2 additional rooms. Cob webs, dirty, stains on walls, stained towels, ceiling. Bathroom was the worst. Toilet seat, tub and sink, floor, walls all grungy and dirty. Large bug on floor I had to kill before using the bathroom. My family member wore flip flops the entire time she was so disgusted by the floors. Pool grounds were littered with some garbage (bottles, cigarettes, wrappers). Could not wait to leave. Would never recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kd415

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Bugs you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

When we first got there I saw a dirty musty room, old furniture, broken things, leaky toilet, hard flat pillows and a uncomfortable mattress. I didn't sleep well. Thank god we only stayed one night. However that is not the worst of it. Myself and my daughter and her husband have found out we brought home "BED BUGS" The exterminator told us the time frame for the eggs to hatch was right on. I have never experienced anything as terrible as this. It has been a nightmare that has cost me expenses I don't have and I haven't been able to sleep in my own place for the last 10 days. If I could afford it I'd get rid of my mattress and couch. I have thrown out alot of things. I have never been through anything like this in my life nor should I have to. Something needs to be done about this motel. If I had only read the reviews I now have seen I would never have stayed there. Apparently this has been going on for the last few yrs. Why isn't anything being done about this????? I hope this helps other people before they stay at this horrid place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank libra26

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the toilet leaked leaving a huge puddle on the floor in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

I have stayed at super 8 motels before but after this experience I will never do it again no matter how cheap they are.My husband,mother, and I went for one night, we were there for a nascar race and didn't spend much time in the room, which is a good thing.The room was very dreary and smelled musty.The bathroom was dirty and the toilet leaked leaving a huge puddle on the floor.These things were not the worst part of the experience, after returning home we discovered that we had a stow- away in our luggage.We had brought home "bed bugs".We are now going thru several procedures to get rid of them with an exterminater who has told us that this bug is one of the worst to get rid of.We contacted the owner/manager of the motel who told us that they have never had any issues or complaints about this, but that is a LIE.My mother wanted to write a review about our experience and started researching other reviews.She found several that were bad but the one that stands out the most was from a man last october who stayed there with his wife and was woken up on there last night there by the guy in the next room who was screaming that his room was infested with bed bugs. When the man went next door to check he found that there were several bugs on the mans mattress and wall.The review also states that the local news was called and that he video taped the evidence.The man was so disgusted that him and his wife left immediately.
I hope this review helps the next person so you don't have to go thru what me and my family are. We all wish that we had looked at reviews first but I now know to do this before any vacation I take where I am staying at a motel/hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 3, 2009

We were very disappointed in our accomodations. Althought the room was non-smoking, it reeked of many different combined odors. Bed was uncomfortable and pillows were VERY flat, they didn't give extras. The carpet was dark brown so I couldn't tell if it was dirty, but I kept my shoes on anyway.

We have stayed in Super 8's before, and yes, I know, it's a cheap night, BUT this was gross. Pool was fairly clean, but freezing.

As for the free breakfast...........stale cereal, small stale muffins, gross coffee!

What more can I say - STAY AWAY - it's not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the different combined odors you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination.

• I am glad that you find our Hotel Pool clean. Pool maintenance staff was informed of the nice comments you made about them and received our commendation.

Reviewed November 22, 2008

We come to the Poconos every November and we usually try to pick a hotel that we had not stayed at before and this year, We picked this hotel because it was the closest to the Casino. (Only 1 mile away) The room was clean, the staff was friendly and very nice to us during our stay. We stayed here for 2 nights. Room had a fridge/ microwave and they also had free high speed internet in the rooms and large TV with 70 channels. This room was a nice place to stay for the money and will be back the next time that we are in the area. This is not a new hotel so therefore, But while we were here, we did see maintenance guy painting outside in 20 degree weather. For less then $60.00 a night, this was the best buy for the money in the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Travelodge Mt. Pocono? Share your experiences!