“Worse experience with owner - Deb”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Mount Pocono Campground
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The campsite is great but the owner Debbie Roberts is the rudest and most unprofessional person I have met. She is not fit to run a business.
The night we arrived she spoke down to us because there was a miscommunication about how many people would be at the campsite. Even after we were amenable and explained and tried to offer to book another site, she still treated us like she was chastising children. To get our $50 deposit back, she made us pick up a few cigarette butts from the campsite.
She does not know how to speak to people. I would recommend never going there. It's a pity since the campsite was nice. The experience was ruined by an aggressive, ill mannered troll. I would never go there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Jenne101

Reviewed June 25, 2012

First, the sites for tents are very small, have no grass only gravel, and are practically on top of each other. We had to switch campsites because the car (a small sedan) wouldn't even fit onto the one we had rented. They tell you that you can't move fire pits but they are either at the edge of your campsite and on a slant or less than a foot away from a tree making it impossible to sit around and generally unsafe. Despite all this we initially were enjoying our time until our second night. Around 10 pm my friends and I were sitting at the picnic table being loud, we had lost track of time and weren't aware that quiet hours had begun. Suddenly my friend screams and I turn around to see a face in the darkness two inches away from me with no expression and began to scream myself. I was absolutely terrified and not having a clue who she was, she is lucky my first instinct was not to swing at her. She did not use a flashlight or lantern or in any way try to indicate her presence or approach. Instead she stood behind us waiting for someone to notice a face in the dark. After reading other reviews here I see this is not her first time doing this. With no introduction as to who she was, she began telling us it was quiet hours to turn off the music, etc. We apologized, turned off the music and as she walked away began discussing what had just happened. After a friend said she believed she had purposefully scared us, Deb returned to say that she had not in fact done it on purpose and states "If I hear that again, you're done. This is my property and you will be out." Then continued to stare down my friend until she felt she got her point across. So not only did she threaten to kick us out for voicing opinions to one another in a private conversation, she felt compelled to scold us like children with a condescending attitude after we had already complied and apologized for the noise. I will never return after being treated so disrespectfully and do not recommend a stay here unless your only concern is clean bathrooms because that is the only aspect of the experience at Mount Pocono Campground that had impressed me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
16  Thank L654321
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We are staying at this campground for a month. In the three weeks we have been here we have found no problems at all. The owners are very helpful & friendly. The entire campground is immaculate and they are constantly working to improve it. The large pool doesn't feel as though it is heated but the smaller one does.The dog run is very large and very clean. We have been here numerous times and have never had anything bad to say about it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda U
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have Leukemia and had a bad reaction to my medication one evening at the campsite. I passed out and my fiends thought I was having a stroke and went to the owners house to call 911. Debbie Roberts was rude and felt that I was drunk and refused to call an ambulance. My friends called anyway through other means. She was put out because it was around midnight and did not like the fact that there was police and paramedics responding. They gave us nothing but a hard time. She refused to give us our deposit back because she felt that our cottage was disgusting and not cleaned well. We left that site better than we found it by far. They are just mean people and someday it will catch up with them (They also told us never to back again) I'm sorry that I have cancer and that I inconvenienced them.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
22  Thank Jim R
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and helpful. However, after inquirying about the lack of activities on Saturday night, they became rude and not customer friendly for people running a business. They advertise a schedule of activities for Saturday (only day there is activities), but if there are only a few kids/people that show, they do not hold the activities. I guess guests are not worth their time! On Saturday morning they went around on a golf cart telling people of breakfast they could buy and also used a bullhorn for the pool games, but when I asked why there was no announcements made about the other activities, I was told they were on the schedule. We were close enough to the activities that we could see what was going on and was waiting for the activities to begin before going over, but they never did. Overall, the campground was clean and neat, but the pool is definitely not heated. It was quite cold. I would suggest that they announce their activities and hold them even if there are only a few people there because we all pay the same price and deserve to have the activities for our kids even if others don't want them. They seem to primarily care about the seasonal campers and cater to them, but the rest of the campers take their chances with the service they receive.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Taz68_8
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Me and my family Have a seasonal site.THIS IS THE BEST CAMPGROUND EVER. The campground has plenty of activities for both adults and children. Also the campground is VERY clean. The staff here is also very nice. And the other campers at mount pocono are great people.

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank Asdfghhbfchhcc17
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Initially our camping weekend was supposed to be ALL about FUN. At Mt. Pocono Campground they allow anything BUT FUN enforcing a strict curfew of NO NOISE at 10p. If you're noisey at 10:01p they will come screaming and hollering at you threatening to kick you out immediately. They do not care if it's your 1st night. Be sure to bring your own TP for the port-a-potties, they either aren't readily supplied and definitely are not refilled by the campground staff. Their camp store is over priced for certain items. Suggestion: buy your firewood elsewhere (like @ the walmart or shoprite around the corner), DO NOT BUY it from them-they don't derserve to make an extra profit off of campers. Lastly the owners do everything in their corrupt power to KEEP ALL of your DEPOSITS-both large groups and small groups (ingnoring deposits are according to # of campsites rented). Their false justification: you either damaged Mt Laurel (state flower) or left microscopic pieces of trash in your campsites that only they can see. When the owner was directly asked, " Do you do this to everyone?" She firmly answered "YES!" People cannot be held accountable for broken limbs in the woods. There are widlife who don't care if it's a tree, bush or Mt. Laurel. The campground also allows pets. The horrible confrontations and accusations we ran into while checking out ruined the end of our trip. Suggestion to the owners of Mt. Pocono Campground. Divide your sites to accomedate for quiet groups (noise curfew10p) and noisier groups (noise curfew 1am-8am). You also should wear gloves for picking up trash. It's BYOB no exclusion for glass.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Chestnut Grove Resort
Chestnut Grove Resort
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Mount Pocono Campground? Share your experiences!